Two

Taehyung, Crushed and Flipped

I need to give Taehyung the banana bun. Don't worry, it's fresh.
I shut my locker and walked over to Taehyung and his friend, well Jungkook. My heart raced at the sight of him. Taehyung had the hem of his uniform slightly tucked in and his hair styled up instead of his usual hair down. He was talking with Jungkook, with that smile I loved, I turned my gaze to Jungkook who had his hands thrashing about while telling him about his day the night before. I was near them  so I could hear some of their conversation, well most.

“There’s this new site, you really gotta watch it. Dude, really. Watch it.” I heard Jungkook said, Taehyung only replied with a chuckle.
“So how’s the night shift going?” Jungkook asked.
Taehyung sighed and folded his arms, “If only, that girl could stop waiting every time my shift ends.”
Jungkook snorted, “She’s got it that bad, huh.”
I cleared my throat before jumping in front of them, with his banana bun.
“AHH! Kkamjjakiya!” Jungkook slammed himself against the lockers in shock while Taehyung stayed calm as he already knew where I was from the beginning.
Jungkook scoffed out loudly, “What the hell. It’s just you ugly monkey, what brings you here on your not territory?”
I ignored him and spoke to Taehyung instead. “Taehyung,” I paused a bit and stared right into his mysterious, alluring brown orbs. “– I am here to paint you a picture of the world I see.” *
From  my  peripheral view, Jungkook  was looking  at me  with  his  jaw slightly  a jar. Before  he snapped out of and looked at me with the What-the- look. Taehyung was cringing too, his lips twitched as he took a step toward me and leaned over to my ear, his lips almost touching, whispered. “You’re not my type.”

I frowned at him after he leaned back, “I can change that thought.” For the slightest bit, I saw his eyes change; he was taken aback with my answer, before it turned back to its mysterious. Without waiting for his reply, I took his hand and shoved the bun on his palm. I turned to a bewildered Jungkook and gave him a smile. I let my eyes wandered back to Taehyung before I turned around and walk to my class.

I pulled my hair in frustration just as I got to my seat, feeling ashamed every time I would just shamelessly pull a stunt like that. The confidence had totally drained from my soul.

Seriously, Paint a picture of the world I see??! Yuck.

“Stupid! Why did I say that?! ” I hit the side of my head with my palm. “Stuupid!” I was about to hit again when I felt a hand wrapped around my wrist, preventing me from hitting any further. What the – I whipped my head to the owner of the hand.

Jungkook held my wrist tight, “Now tell me what you said that made you stupid?” His tone was a bit off. I rolled my eyes at him, “As if you weren’t there to embarrass me in front of the boy I like.” I pulled my wrist harshly away from him. Unfortunately for me, I had classes with Jungkook instead of Taehyung. What a cruel, cruel fate.

Jungkook pooh – pooh at me from behind me and responded back, “Everything you say is stupid.”
 I whipped my head at him, “At least I’m not the definition of stupid.”

Taehyung and Jungkook weren’t the Jocks of the school, though they do have a fair amount of admirers, no one really stepped up to confess, not that I know of. Taehyung wasn’t a goody two shoes like Do Kyungsoo from my grade. I glanced at Kyungsoo for a moment, he was smiling while writing on his note. Nope, Taehyung was far from that.

And Jungkook? God. He’s somewhere in near hell and the long way back heaven.

Mr. Lee came in with a smile on his face before Jungkook could retort back. “Students.. I have an announcement to make. You will be receiving the month of April’s gift!” He held out a pink box before shaking it, “But before that, take one piece of this small paper that will decide your future…partner.” He whispered the last part to not ruined the mysterious surprise that we ALL KNOW. I scoffed at his failed attempt to be mysterious.
“Sir! Tae Danbi just scoffed at you.” Jungkook said out loudly. “What? I did no such thing, Mr. Lee!” I widened my eyes.

“Tae Danbi, you will be the first to perform the project with your future…partner..” He whispered the last part.

Remind me to bring Jungkook down.

“COME  and take  your piece. I saw  you rolling  your eyes.” Mr.Lee  said, while tapping the damned box. I stood up from my seat, glancing down I saw Jungkook’s foot  and stepped on it before walking to the front. I heard him hissed in pain. I looked back to him and stuck out my tongue. The other students were whispering ‘ooh, she’s in trouble.’ ‘Uh-oh.’
I peered inside the opened top of the damned box and shoved my hand in and grabbed a piece of paper. I unfolded it and gasped with my eyes widened. WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH THIS TEACHER. I gave Mr. Lee a look of disbelief.
‘Your scene is ; ‘After all, I’m just a girl standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.’
Partner; Jungkook.’ The paper said.

“MR.LEE WHAT  in the world. This isn’t even drama class!” I toned down my voice. He narrowed his eyes at me. “At least let me change my partner.” I pleaded. He gave me a look with that said a big fat NO.

“Even if I dance to your favourite song?” I smiled like an angel to him, batting my eyelashes as a bonus to my pleading.

He rolled his eyes, “Not gonna work this time young lady.” He shooed me with his finger. After everyone had their turn in taking the folded papers, Mr.Lee clapped his hand to explain the scenes, or so I thought.

“Congratulations to Danbi and Jungkook! The first performers of our project. Please be ready before the deadline, kay? Just to let you know there were three other scenes and the other were blank folded papers. So you, Tae Danbi were fortunate to get one ot the scene.”

I mentally shrieked while Jungkook let out a loud “WHAT.”
 


*Quote from N.D. Wilson.