Danbi

Taehyung, Crushed and Flipped

“I like you.”  With my eyes elsewhere but him, I managedarrow-10x10.png to say those three words aloud without stuttering. I didn’t want to confess to him at school, he rarely gets confessed. I pinched my left hand to hold myself from running away, staring down at the counter, the bun I randomly took was banana flavoured – a flavour I disliked. I realised he hadn’t given me any respond so I looked up to meet his face, anywhere else but his eyes.

Taehyung raised his eyebrows at me, “Look me in the eye, and say it again.” He said, as much as he tried to cover up the tiredness in him, his voice sounded exhausted. Of course, it was almost midnight and here I was being inconsiderate, I was delaying his time to go home. I stared at his sweater before looking at him straight in the eye. Not really, I was actually staring at the between of his eyes.
 

“Kim Taehyung. I like you.” But still, he wasn’t satisfied. 


I rolled my eyes at the dark night. I was leaning against the wall with my hands in the pockets of my jacket beside the small shop Taehyung workedarrow-10x10.png at.I kicked a pebble and glanced at the shop. The lights were turned off and Taehyung walked out, locking the door before pulling the gate from the left side. I rushed to him and helped him pulled the right side’s gate. I stood there nervously as he clicked in the lock, though it wasn’t the first time I waited for his shifts to end, I still felt nervous.

“You know, you’re acting like a stalker.” My heart jumped when he spoke. He didn’t say much after that, he just walked pass by me. I silently followed his steps  from behind instead of beside him while staring at the back of his head.

Was waiting for him counted as stalking? or maybe it's the part where I wait for him everytime his shift ends. I cringed. I didn’t want to be known as that to him, then instead of silently walking him back to his place, I'll get to know him more better.Tae Danbi, Fighting! I nodded to myself.

I fall into step beside him with my arms behind my back, fingers interlocked. I peered to my right, my heart sighed in content as I watched his side profile. He was utterly handsome. 

“So, what’s your favourite colour?” I asked him, still staring at him. He had the finest jaw and nose I’ve ever came across with.  
He didn’t answer. So I stayed silent. Afraid, I might annoy him if I pressed on. We walked until we reached his apartment building. I walked fast to stop three steps in front of him and putarrow-10x10.png on a big smile.
“We’re here!” I said to him, he was staring ahead blankly as he moved toward me. So, I spoke up again, I was always most excited when it came to goodbyes. “Have a goodnight –” I stopped talking when he passed by me. My heart sighed in dejection. I turned around only to find him nowhere.

He doesn’t like me.

I proceeded back to the oppositearrow-10x10.png direction with my hands in the pockets of my jacket before rolling my eyes, one last time at the dark night.