IV. Tennis Courts

Yes, We're Dating.

 

IV

Taeyeon's physique hadn't changed much since the 10th grade. 

Gazing at her reflection in her bedroom mirror, she hoped that she had grown a few centimetres since high school. None the less, her height was the least of her concern at the moment. Her relationship with Byun Baekhyun was her concern. It was to the point that she had squeezed herself into her old P.E uniform, in hopes that she could suprise her boyfriend. She was well aware that he was participating in the required sports activties for the senior boys at his school (which she coincidentally attended those few years ago).

"You seriously still look the same" 

Tiffany, Taeyeon's trusty best friend had come to her place to help Taeyeon out with her plan to patch things up with Baekhyun. Taeyeon had figured that she had hurt him by bringing up the age issue and decided that doing something silly would get him smiling again. 

"Sometimes I wonder if that's a good or bad thing" Taeyeon turned around to inspect the other angles of her outfit, "I hope this works"

"How couldn't it?" Tiffany joined her best friend by the mirror that reflected the both of them wearing their old uniform. Both with tennis racquets in their hands.

"We look too good to ignore!"

----

"Looks like somebody has no chill"

Chanyeol teased Baekhyun from the sideline of the school tennis court. Baekhyun had been slamming one tennis ball after the other; seeming to take out his frustration. 

"Well, if I'm not hitting tennis balls then I'll ending hitting you, Yeollie" He retorted before returning the last of the yellow tennis balls to the back of the caged court. 

"What troubles you, child?" Suho, who sat upon the umpires chair (looking more like a prince), gazed down towards the rest of the boys by the ground, "Usually you skip on P.E?"

"Yeah, and whenever you stay over at your girl friend's place, you come to school with a goofy smile on your face" Sehun piped in, "What's up, Hyung?"

Baekhyun took a sip of water from his bottle by the base of the umpires chair. His frown grew with the sudden mention of his girlfriend. 

"We had an argument, I guess" He answered to the best of his ability, "Just over something trivial"

Jongin joined the conversation as he fiddled with his own tennis racquet. 

"This is why you don't date high school girls. They're trouble, I tell you. One day they want to take things slow and you agree, but then they want you to stay at their place a least 3 days a week!"

Baekhyun almost choked at mention of dating high school girls. Little did the rest of them know that he was dating a college girl (woman?). Well, besides Kyungsoo. But Baekhyun himself didn't know about him knowing. 

"Speaking of" Kyungsoo mentioned under his breath. 

Two girls were headed for the tennis court that had been assigned to the very group of boys. A few of them felt like they looked familiar, while one of them, being Baekhyun- instantly recognised his vey own girlfriend. 

Taeyeon tried to hide her face behind her racquet whereas Tiffany beamed her best eye smile and grin as they entered the court. They were completely dressed in the right uniform and gear.

"Oh dear" Suho gulped, attempting to shield his own face at the sight of Tiffany, "Isn't she the woman from the uncle's food tent? The one that paid for our drinks since the uncle wouldn't serve us anymore? Don't tell me she's looking for us to pay her back"

"I didn't even know that those girls were in high school too... They looked so much older last night" Sehun stared intently at the two until they completely approached them. "Even Baekhyun called them coug-"

"-Ahem" 

Baekhyun faked a cough as Taeyeon and Tiffany began to introduce themselves. It seemed as if Tiffany was way more enthusiastic. This was despite the fact that Taeyeon was the one who had come up with the plan- all for the sake of reconciling with her boyfriend. 

Kyungsoo was the only one to draw the connections between the 'mysterious lady high school girls' and Baek. He figured out that Taeyeon was Baekhyun's girlfriend a few days ago. He also realised that Taeyeon was the same woman who scolded the boys on the bus by calling them brats. To Kyungsoo, it was just one big mess.

"Are you guys using the court?" Tiffany took the lead, smiling towards each of the boys before stopping at Suho was still seated in the umpire's chair, "Oh my gosh, you- you're from the uncle's food tent? From last night?!"

Jongin, Chanyeol and Sehun chuckled as they were pleased that the women that they tried seducing didn't tail along with Tiffany. As for Suho; he bit his lip before clearing his throat to explain himself.

"Uh... surprise?" Was all Suho could manage to say, ready to facepalm himself, "Okay, in my defence I didn't know we even went to the same school! I thought you were just a random college student looking for an evening fling and drinks. And if you want us to pay you back, give me your bank details and I'll transfer money to you after school"

Everyone on the court was ready to laugh at Suho's sudden defensiveness; especially Tiffany who simply shrugged it off. She wasn't there to take back her money, nor was she a fellow high school student at he thought. 

Taeyeon was beginning to get more confused as each person spoke. She came solely for Baekhyun but apparently, her own bestfriend had something going on with her boyfriend's friends?!

She had to clear everything up.

"Alright!" Taeyeon shouted, standing her ground as she threw her racquet to the court below, "What is going on?!"

Everyone looked to around to one another and seemed to shrug their shoulders. No one knew what was going on. More so, no one wanted to confess what was going on.

Well, everyone besides Do Kyungsoo.

"Okay, hold up" Kyungsoo took control and started to verbally put everything into place, "Baekhyun, you know this girl, don't you?"

Baekhyun scratched the back of his neck. He didn't imagine that he'd be telling his best friends that he was dating a college girl anytime soon.Taeyeon looked towards him with apologetic eyes, thinking that maybe coming all this way was a mistake. He could cover up the fact of them dating if he wanted, she thought. Taeyeon wouldn't force him to say it.

"She's..." He took deep breath and shut his eyes before letting it out, "She's Kim Taeyeon... and she's my girlfriend"

---

done with chapter 4 hahaha... and it all comes out! now they know~~~~~ 

this chapter was a bit short.. this fic is just a light hearted thing so I don't want to write in immense detail or whatever and each chapter is like a mini episode in their relationship lol I hope y'all enjoyed this installment :3

Please don't forget to leave a comment / subscribe / upvote !