It's Just A Matter of View

It's Just A Matter of View

They said you should always be nice.

They said, everybody in this small world is nice.

Pretty little lies, right?

Although it’s covered, it’s still, a broken, patched lie.

They said that, you should love everybody.

They said, don’t plant hate, but plant love instead.

But my road is paved by hate.

It’s made out of hate.

Hate for all the people I knew.

Hate, because of jealousy

Why do they have perfect features

And I’m not?

Why do they speaks

So loudly?

Why did they laugh at me?

Why did they speak behind their palms as I passed by?

Why did I can’t be like them?

Maybe the God pitied me.

He sent angel, in form of Jo Youngmin.

I was drawing in the Art room when a loud bang makes me look up, and there is Youngmin, holding his index finger in front of his mouth, signaling me to be quiet (It’s not like I could be loud even if I want to). After loud rushing passed the Art room, he pulled a chair beside me and sat quietly there. He didn’t talk, so I’m not, too.

And ever since I knew, everytime I came there to draw, Jo Youngmin had always been there, sketching in his sketch book, his black hair reflects the sun light, looking as if he’s jumping straight from a Japanese comic. He always smiles whenever I came, and soon we became friends.

And my view to this world softened a bit.

Maybe the God isn’t satisfied enough.

He sent angel, in form of Byun Baekhyun

 

He’s always a noisy boy from the start

And the teacher partnered us. I started loosened up a bit, and Baekhyun learned to shut his mouth.

So, it’s a mutualism symbiosis.

And my view to this world colored a bit.

 

Maybe the God still is not satisfied

He sent angels, in form of Baekhyun and Youngmin’s friends.

Later I found out that they both are popular kids. Baekhyun is in soccer, while Youngmin is in basketball. They introduce me to their friends, popular-but-nice kids, such as Jongin, Jeongmin, Sehun, Minwoo, and Donghyun.

And my view to this world lightens up a bit.

Then, my friends ballot for me to be the school president. They do campaign for me—giving out flyers and pins, etc.

They made a t-shirt with my name on it and a “VOTE FOR PRESIDENT” written in big, bold Arial under my name. 

And I found out that Youngmin dislike drawing. But he draws to accompany me. For me, who is his nobody at that time, that action is so sweet. Later, he confess to me that he’s confused when he see me at first (“Yeah, it’s rare to walk to a room with somebody inside it and doesn’t squeal when he or she sees me. So I draw to get your attention, and as I know you, I knew you’re different.”).

Also, I know that Baekhyun was disappointed when he’s partnered with me at first. 

But with the fact that they’re now my besties, my view to this world changes a little.

And I got elected as the school president.

The whole school now knows me as the mute, disabled boy who became the school president.

And my view to this world has changed. Now I plant love everywhere. I had learned my lessons.

That if you changed your view a bit, just a tiniest bit, it makes a difference. A HUGE difference.

It’s just a matter of view.