Chapter One: First Meeting

Love In Korea

It started with a little thing called Peter Pan.


 


 

I was obsessed with this website back them mainly because it made finding places to stay in foreign places a lot easier. And that made my life ten percent easier. Funny how I was always looking for the easy way out when I was the wild one between Joonjae and I.


 


 

To Joonjae, in the beginning, I was just so weirdo that was going to help him pay his three month debt he owned. I was nothing more, nothing less. That was how he put it in his description on the Peter Pan website. Dunno why I still clicked on his link and agreed to his terms because in reality I thought he was a little whole in the beginning. But I did, and it will always surprise me.


 


 

Like I said, it started with a little website called Peter Pan. Sure, there were so many other people that were willing to take me in but I was so drown with clicking Joonjae's link. So, a day later I was standing in front of a run down building in the middle of Seoul. And when I say run down, I meant run down. The building was in need of a serious paint job.


 


 

“Takuya, what did you get yourself into,” I muttered in Japanese as I sighed, grabbing my bag and walking inside. I was greeted by a really weird looking dude who so happened to be the owner of the building. He seemed kind enough though.


 

“Oh, you are the Japanese boy right?” He asked and I smiled, I picked up his words easily even though my korean was still a little shakey.


 


 

“Yes,” I replied back in Korean. I quickly grabbed the paper that was in my pocket. “I will be rooming with a guy named Joonjae?”


 


 

“Ah, Joonjae!” He said and smiled. “Room 709, I'll show you the way.”


 


 

He grabbed my arm as he called up to I assumed was Joonjae and informed him of my arrival. We quickly walked up the stairs until we were standing in front of apartment 709. I suddenly grew nervous. What if the guy was mean? I didn't have enough time to run away as the door opened, I quickly moved back a little, not wanting to be seen yet.


 


 

“You scared me,” A husky voice said and the manger guy laughed a little.


 

“Scared of what?” He asked and turned towards me and then back towards me. “Quickly open the door, you're roommate is here.”


 

And he pushed the door open and that was the first time I saw Joonjae. I remember how messy he looked, like he just woke up or something. But, he still was fairly attactive. I quickly straightened up and smiled.


 


 

“Ah, hello. I am Takuya I came here by Peter-Pan,” I was talking way too fast. I bit my lip and quickly went to grab my paper work when my bag fell. I quickly tried to get it, but he was going at it at the same time and our hands touched. And when our hands touched, I knew this one was going to be different. I slowly looked up to find that he was looking at me too, and it made my heart flutter a bit. When we finally got up again, I found myself flustered as he looked at me.


 

“Thank you,” I whispered, not really caring that it was in japanese and he possibly had no idea what I just said.


 

“You speak Japanese?” He asked, surprised and I smiled. Glad he knew what I said.


 

“Yes, I travel around the world. And this is my last course.” I said, I was rambling. He didn't have to know all of it. I could have just told him I came from Japan.


 

But I guess, back then, the crush was already starting to form.


 

“Ah, now Joonjae will be able to pay his late fees.” The manger said, making me turn away from Joonjae to look at him. I almost forgot he was there. “You still haven't paid your three month-”


 

“Ah, come in,” Joonjae cut him off, grabbing my hand and pulling me inside. Ah, why did he have to touch me. I tried to act call as he closed the door.


 

And to this day, I will never forget how horrible the apartment looked. Trash was everywhere and clothes too, like he hasn't cleaned in months. I laughed a little and sat down, looking around. It wasn't that bad. Just needed a little cleaning. I watched as he walked around, trying to clean. I found myself smiling as I started looking through his thinks.


 


 

“Tissue!” I said in Korean, making him look at me. He walked over and grabbed it, looking flustered as he threw it away. I smiled as I grabbed something else. “Underwear!”


 


 

I found it cute how he reacted. He was really cute from the beginning. I sat and watched him for a bit before I spoke again.


 


 

“I really like this place, can I live here for three months?” I said and he quickly looked at me. I smiled. “I might choose to live here a little longer if I really like it here.”


 


 

“I only wanted-” I cut him off by taking out the money I had saved and showing it to him. In the beginning, I just thought it did that because I wanted to explore Korea for a while. But now that I look back, it was because I had already started liking him, and I wanted hang out with him a little more.


 

“Here's three months pay, I heard you are a little behind, so this should help you.” I said quickly. He looked down at the envelope and sighed.


 


 

“Alright, if you like it here.” He said and I smiled widely, quickly getting up and shaking his hand.


 

“Thanks for letting me stay here, I hope we get along.” I said and he looked at me for a bit and I almost blushed but contuined to shake his hand widely, trying to calm my nervous down.


 


 

“It's joonjae.” He said and I smiled even bigger.


 

“Right, it's really nice to meet you!” I said and giggled as he smiled back at me.


 

Yea, he sure was going to be something different for me.