Chapter One

The Baby Project

*****

It was a new school year at EXO High. That means new friends, new experiences, and probably a new life. EXO High begins classes at 7:30, but two best friends were the earliest to arrive.

They are Park Chanyeol and Kim Nari. Chanyeol is tall and happy. He has brown hair and wears glassses to add to his dorkiness. He plays a variety of insturments such as piano, drums and guitar. He likes to make people smile, which is his charm. Any girl who sees his smile will melt because it's just so innocent and cute, but not Nari. Nari is not charmed by his smile at all.

Nari is short and very shy around people. She's most comfortable around Chanyeol, elders and teachers. She also play instruments like piano and violin, but her hobby is playing sports. She's on the volleyball and is currently trying out for tennis. The sport she hates the most is basketball because she's too short to shoot. Chanyeol doesn't think so, since she's a tall, scary monster. This earned him a whack on the back of his neck from Nari. 

"It seems *pants* that I won this round *pants* this time," Nari says as she placed her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath. She nearly got hit by a car. 

Chanyeol wipes the sweat off his forehead and limps his way to a bench, "That's because you kicked me in the shin!" Nari walks her way towards Chanyeol and sits down, "Sorry, oppa." Chanyeol ruffles her already messed up hair and laughs, "It's fine. Just don't kick me that hard, ok?" Nari giggles and rubs the back of her neck with a shy smile. 

. . .

It was 7:10 when Chanyeol's friends arrived. They are Baekhyun and Jongdae. "Hey, Chanyeol! What up?" Jongdae does a bro hug with Chanyeol. Baekhyun gives him a bro hug as well. Nari stood up from the bench and looked down at the ground to cover her face. "Good. How was your summer?" 

Baekhyun was the first to speak, "My mom made me study. It was so boring and it's too hot to be studying. I wanted to hang out and all! Ugh, I don't want to go to high school and do all that work!" 

Jongdae laughs and talks, "I really didn't do anything. I was cooped up at home, playing video games and singing. My audition is in October." 

"Ah, that's right! My mom didn't make me study all the time, but she lets me practice with Jongdae. Baekhyun does a peace sign and Chanyeol rolls his eyes. 

"Psh. You make it seem you had the worst summer vacation ever," Chanyeol crossed his arms. It was Baekhyun's turn to roll his eyes, "Did you have a terrible summer?" Chanyeol shook his head, "I was just saying you made it seem like you had a terrible one." 

Baekhyun did a face palm, "Jeez. Let me make this clear. I had a bad summer. Better?" 

Chanyeol nods his head. Nari is still looking down awkwardly. Jongdae notices this and leans his body to the right, "Good morning, Nari!" 

Nari jumps at the sound of his voice and hides behind Chanyeol's back. Chanyeol turns his head and smiles, "Come on, Nari. They won't bite. Say 'Good morning'." 

Nari peeks her head from Chanyeol's back and looks at Jongdae, who is smiling and waving at her. Baekhyun was looking at her too. She gulped her saliva, "M-Morning, Jongdae and Baekhyun." The two looked at her with shocked faces. "She knows our names?" Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol punches his shoulder lightly, "Of course she does. Don't be mean." 

Nari blushes in embarrassment and bows her head, "Sorry!" She does this multiple times and Jongdae touches her shoulders, so she could stop bowing. That was a bad idea. 

"AAAAAAAAAH!" Nari screams loudly and slaps Jongdae in the cheek, but he dodged because of reflexes. Nari gets scared whenever someone touches her. Chanyeol grabs Nari's arm and gives her a hug. Jongdae and Baekhyun squeal like fangirls. "Ssssh. It's ok, Nari. You're fine. I'm here, ok?" Chanyeol pats her head and Nari calms down. "Thank you, Chanyeol..."

"Aaaaaw. You two look so cute together! That sudden action is just kya~" Baekhyun cups his check with his hands and sways back and forth. "Shut up! I said it's not like that!" Chanyeol growls, not blushing at what he said. Jongdae clears his throat and points at the people around him. "I think you should be more careful. You probably don't want people thinking that you have a girlfriend already." 

Chanyeol breaks the hug and places a protective arm around Nari's shoulders, "Sorry, Jongdae. I didn't notice so many people are here at this time. What time is it anway?" Jongdae looks at his watch, "7:20. We should go inside. I heard that the freshmen, meaning us, have to go for a assembly right now." 

"Ok. Let's go~" Baekhyun points his finger at the building and posed like a superhero. Jongdae pretends he doesn't know him. so he quickly walks into the school. Baekhyun whines and runs to Jongdae. Chanyeol still had his arm around Nari as they walked inside. Many students were staring at them again, but Chanyeol brushed it off as if they were never there in the first place. 

. . .

"Welcome, freshmen. I am your principal, Lee Sooman. It's a pleasure to be able to have such wonderful students enter this wonderful school. The reason I have you guys come in early is because I'll be discussing something you guys," Mr. Lee says as everyone settle down in their seats, "You will be doing a yearly project!" 

Some of the freshmen groaned. Many of them had their jaws open wide and some of them were fainting. "A yearly project?" Someone yelled in the auditorium, "You must be crazy, Mr. Lee!"

A teacher scolds the student that yelled, but Mr. Lee just laughs. "No need to scold. I completely understand how they feel, but it'll be a fun project if you want to call it fun."

Now the students were chattering. "A fun project? What kind of project is fun? All of them are tiring and hard to do!" Baekhyun whispers to Jongdae. Jongdae shrugs his shoulders and put a finger over his mouth to tell Baekhyun to be quiet, "Let the old man finish." 

Mr. Lee lightly hit the microphone to calm the students down, "Hold on! Just wait a minute! I haven't finished explaining the project!" Mr. Lee clears his throat, "Anyway. This will be a "fun" project. We do this every year for the freshmen. It's called: The Baby Project."

"What the heck?! What kind of project is that?!" The same teacher whacked the student on the head and the auditorium is filled with laughter. "I hope you're not going to be doing that in my class," The teacher groans. The student bows his head and apologizes to Mr. Lee. 

"It's ok. Now, please don't interrupt me again or make any jokes, "Mr. Lee pleads to the student and goes back to talking. This will be a long assembly. 

"The Baby Project is will be explained more thoroughly when you get into your class, but I can tell you that you have to work with a partner. It can't be someone that is not the same as you. If you don't know anyone to partner with, then you may ask your teacher to pick for you. There will be no excuses." Now everyone was screaming and yelling. This won't be a good year for them. 

"Ew! I don't want to work with those ugly pigs!" A girl yells as a guy winks at her. Others shrug it off and ignore the screams. I mean, maybe there's a chance that love can sprout for them. It can be Valentine's Day every day. 

"Hey. It seems like we're working together again, right?" Chanyeol asked Nari, who was sitting next to him. She raised her head and nods with a smile. Chanyeol smiles back. 

"Wait! Wait! Wait! I haven't finished!" Mr. Lee banged his hand against the podium. Teachers were telling them to calm down, which they eventually did. "One more thing, students. This project will be due on April 24, so that's ample time to finish. Is that clear?" 

"Yes, Mr. Lee," The students said with a low and glum tone. "You may be dismissed and enjoy your schools days at EXO High!" Everyone jumped out of their seats and rushed to class. Mr. Lee sighed and stacked his papers walking to his office. 

Chanyeol, Nari, Baekhyun and Jongdae walk together through the crowded hallway. Chanyeol already placed his arm around Nari's shoulder. "So which class do you guys have first?" Baekhyun asked, "Cause Jongdae and I have the same one." 

"Chanyeol probably has the same class as his boo," Jongdae jokes and Chanyeol hits him on the shoulder, "Stop saying that. She's not my girlfriend!" Nari blushes and covers her face with her hands. "What's wrong, Nari?" Chanyeol asked with a concerned tone. Nari looks up with her hands still covering her face, "We do have the same class. This is so weird!!!" Chanyeol laughs and ruffles her hair again. Nari pouts, "Hey! I just fixed my hair!" 

Chanyeol and Nari joke with each other. Baekhyun and Jongdae admire the act they're watching. "You know they do look cute together," Baekhyun whispers to Jongdae. He nods his head in agreement, "Our #1 OTP!" Chanyeol, with his big ears, heard what the two jokesters were saying and punches them at the same time on the head. "SHUT UP!" Chanyeol was blushing a little bit. 

"Sorry! We'll head to class right now, so we don't bother you two lovebirds~" Baekhyun and Jongdae run away. "Aish! Those idiots..I'll have to deal with them later." 

Nari giggles and takes Chanyeol's arm off her shoulders, "I'm ok now. Let's head to class." Chanyeol reluctantly nods his head and togehter they walk. 

. . . 

"Silence! I will be explaining this project Mr. Lee explained," Chanyeol and Nari's homeroom teacher, Ms. Joo said. It was the same teacher that scolded the student who kept yelling in between the assembly. 

". Why am I in this class with her?" Kim Jongin bites his fingernails. He is the guy that kept yelling. 

"Be quiet, Jongin!" Ms. Joo throws a piece of chalk at him. "OW!" He yells in pain and his friend, Oh Sehun, laugh at him. "Haha. In your face, you buffoon."

Ms. Joo slaps her hand against the chalkboard behind her to get the students' attention. "Now, everyone. Be quiet! I will be answering questions after I finish talking so don't be an idiot and ask while I explain." The class is dead quiet as Ms. Joo writes something on the chalkboard. 

"The Baby Project, as Mr. Lee talked about, is a project where you have to act as parents. The purpose is to show what it's like to be parents and the hardships they have with that. This is like a heads up. That is why Mr. Lee said to have a partner that has to the opposite ." Ms. Joo puts down the chalk and points at a box she drew, "At lunch you are to come back to this class to get a slip of paper. Don't worry. I'll explain it right now." Ms. Joo clears , "This box here will be the scenarios that you and your "wife"/"husband" will act out during the time being. Each day, you are to write a journal entry for each week. There will be a time where you will be actually taking care of a child, but that's later in the future. Then, you will pick a slip of paper randomly out of this box. There will be a scenario written on the paper, and that scenario is the one you'll have to act out. Make sure to tell me who you'll be partnering with. Any questions?"

Jongin was the first to raise his hand, "When are the entries due?" Ms. Joo grins, "Every three weeks." 

The class is filled with groans and wails. "Ms. Joo. Can you make it until the deadline?" Ms. Joo shakes her head, "Sorry. Mr. Lee's words were to make it every three weeks. Now, get out of this classroom. The bell has rung. Toodles~"

. . . 

It was lunch time. All the student were walking to their homeroom as instructed. "Hello, everyone! Did you miss me?" Ms. Joo sarcastically says. Everyone either rolled their eyes or ignored her, waiting for her to give them instructions. 

"Come on, Ms. Joo. We're hungry~" Jongin complains, his head on the desk. Ms. Joo rolled her eyes as well. 

"Everyone who already picked out their partners, please stand up and walk to your partner's desk." Chanyeol, Nari and a few other people stood up. Chanyeol walked to Nari's desk and a few of the student looked at them in awe. "Hehe. Everyone is so stupid," Chanyeol rolled his eyes and Nari just laugh. 

"Ok. The couple in the front," Ms. Joo pointed to Chanyeol and Nari. They blush but walk up to the front of the class. Ms. Joo points to the box and Chanyeol place his hand into the box. "I wonder what it is," Nari think aloud. Chanyeol unwraps the paper. It read: "Pretend that your "wife" is pregnant. Use this time to learn how to take care of a baby that is still in her stomach while you do things in life."

Nari blush at the word "pregnant". "So...Park Chanyeol and Kim Nari. Ok! You guys are done! You may go eat lunch," Chanyeol cheers and Nari walks with him to the cafeteria. They could hear the sounds of the students complaining even though they were walking down the stairs. 

. . . 

Hello~ Here is the first chapter. It's so long LOL I hope you liked it and please subscribe or comment! The next update will either be 7/01/15 or 7/03/15

Bye bye~

hannie-876