Blankets

Call my name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every single day is the same. Not that I’m getting bored, it’s just a fact. People say that I smile a lot, which is true. I’m a helpful person, I like my family, I do correctly my job, I give money for associations and I believe in love.

I saw my sister falling for a doctor, it may be cliché but she’s lucky. He’s handsome, he wins honestly his life, his family is cool and she seems happy, no, she’s happy. I do not envy her but I wish it could happen to me too. I want to find someone that will make me laugh, smile, with who I would feel in security, all that things we use to hear in the movies. I do believe in this, I really do.

I got out from the store with my new shoes. Winter is getting colder, my breath transforms itself in fog. We can hear the noise that my steps make every time they squash the snow. I like that sound, I find it relaxing.

Snow is slowly falling, my beanie is becoming wet, I should speed a little bit.

Once in my apartment I removed my vest. I’m now lazily looking at ceiling. It’s white, as white as the snow and as white as the robe my sister will wear tomorrow for her marriage. I’m so happy for her, I helped her to organize everything, the flowers will be pink and red, the ceremony while be attended on a beautiful hall, very chic. Our family will be there, all of them, it will be big, I’m stressing for her.

It took me time to have the force to get up and go into my room. I changed myself with house clothes and walked to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and took a yoghurt, opening it before smelling the delicious perfume of strawberry. I am a veterinary. But a different kind from those you see inside their cabinets, taking care of your dog or cat, I work with the animals in the zoo principally. I’m only there when there’s big problems and I promise you, there’s more than we can think. The Seoul Grand Park is big, I mean really big. They all do their job perfectly, they built new infrastructures but there is still so much to do.

Why do I love this job ? Because while everyone thinks I’m just a veterinary, they forget one thing or I should employ the world “aware” they aren’t aware that “I” can change everything. I have the power to tell them that this or that paddock is too small, that they should for example make it wider for the elephants. I can ask them more food for hippopotamus, I can make them install things for the animals feeling at home and not becoming “tamed”. They aren’t made to be tamed, that’s not the point. It’s a zoo yes, it’s secured enough for them to live freely as much as us even if yes, they should be just a little bit obedient if we don’t want us to get killed by a tiger or something.

At first it was really hard, people are kind, people can understand but when there’s money, they become blind. A zoo isn’t a good thing if you want to become a business man. You can create events, of course but if it’s too expensive, people won’t come. It isn’t Disneyland. Fortunately, Seoul became more touristic and every month we can make new ameliorations and we choose not to take new animals, I advised them. People won’t pay a new ticked because a new porcupine came into the zoo but because they want to see something new, not just a thing but everything. That’s how it works, they need something new this is why investing in getting the park prettier, a little bit wider, different and make it like it’s the real jungle or real desert is so much more important if your only concern is to make benefice.

I’m lucky that I’ve enough intelligence to argue with valid arguments. They keep me because they think I’ve the same point of view about this whole thing but they don’t know that I don’t. And it doesn’t matter because I know why I do this, why I help them getting money and go to Ibiza every month, it’s because I truly care about the animals.

I ended my yoghurt, I threw it in my dustbin and wen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter