Dara and Hanbin

To Love and Be Loved Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter II: Dara & Hanbin

 

The light shined through the curtains, giving the room and warm yellow glow. Unfortunately there was a crack in the curtains that allowed a small beam of sun to enter and land on the sleeping figures face. As the sun moved higher in the sky, you could catch a glimpse of the pink hair that was being highlighted by the sun's rays. The figure shuffled a bit before finally turning over and having the offending light shine right in her face.

She opened her eyes before quickly shutting them again.

‘Damn curtains.’ She mentally cursed as she blinked several times to get rid of the sleep in her eyes.

She got out of bed and checked the clock by her bedside. It was 6:15 AM.

‘Perfect.’ She thought.

She walked to her closet and absent-mindedly picked a towel from the pile on one of the shelves. She took a look at the towel; extra-large with a picture of a bunch of dogs playing cards.

Bringing the towel up to her body, she hugged it tightly before putting it back on the shelf and choosing another one. She wasn't ready to use that yet and wasn't sure if she would ever use that particular towel again. It held too many memories. Just then, one of those memories popped into her mind.

 

They were at the flea market trying to forage for whatever necessities they'll need to move into their new apartment.

"A towel…with dogs playing cards." She stated as she took it all in.

"You can't be serious. That's the most clichéd not to mention ugly, print out there. And you call yourself an artist?" She joked as she watched him hold it out in front of her.

"It's noted that the presence of something hideous is needed to further enhance your own beauty." He stated before he barely managed to dodge a punched aimed for his face.

"Again with the violence." He sighed.

"I thought the purpose of learning medicine was to treat injury, not cause it." Mino told with such a straight face she had to let her anger go. He walked closer to her and wrapped the towel around her body while bringing her into a bear hug.

"Well Mino, if I'm so ugly then I guess you can just sleep with yourself tonight…and every night from here on in." She said, letting the threat loom. She took a moment to remember the peculiar look she thought was horror that crossed his face before catching him off guard in a quick kiss.

"Kidding." She aaid as she detangled herself from the offensive towel. She started to walk towards one of the other stands that were selling all kinds of furniture before she felt Mino's arms snake around her waist once again.

"You reconsidered because your need for me is too great. You can't resist me." He stated as he began to kiss her neck from behind.

"Mino! We're in public. Keep your artistic hands to yourself…for no." She added with a sly smirk on her face.

"You've proven my point, you can't resist me." He repeated as he reluctantly let her go to browse around the furniture. The sound of her laughter only confirmed his thoughts.

 

Dara smiled at the memory and chose another towel before heading off into the shower. She waited until the water was warm enough before stepping inside. If she wasn't awake before, she certainly was now. She let the warm water cover her entire body before busting out the shampoo and slathering her hazelnut colored hair that reached her shoulders.

After she was done showering, she walked to her closet and picked out the suit that she had prepared for today. She had meeting with the CEO at Seoul Medical Center today. She was going to be starting her new job as their lead OB/GYN physician. Next to her suit there were rows and rows of scrubs that she would usually wear to work. Once she started, she would have to get some new ones with the Seoul symbol printed on them.

She put on the suit which consisted of black pencil skirt, a light pink blouse and an equally black silk blazer. She would wait a while before busting out the stilettos. She checked the clock one more time. It was 7:00 AM on the dot.

’Time to wake him up.’ She thought as she left her room and walked down the hall to stop at a door covered in drawings. She laughed as she read the latest work of art. It was a giant poster that read:

"Hanbin's r0om. N0 GiRls AlLoWeD!"

Chuckling slightly, she opened the door and walked up to the window. She opened the curtains and turned to the sleeping figure sprawled all over the racecar bed with one foot dangling off the side and his blanket long forgotten in the corner.

"He sleeps just like you Mino." She whispered to herself as she approached him. She kissed his forehead and gently patted his back.

"Hanbin…sweetie it's time for school. You don't want to be late for your first day." She said between kisses as she his dark brown hair. Hanbin rubbed his eyes for a bit before opening them and adjusting his gaze to his mother.

"….Mmhhhhhh…hi omma…what time is it?" He asked.

Every morning he would ask her what the time was. As soon as she would tell him, he would pop right out of bed and race to the bathroom to see how fast he could get ready. Every time he would try to beat his score of 6 minutes and 30 seconds. For a 5-year-old, that was pretty impressive but also quite hazardous. There were several occasions where he would trip on the rug, run into a wall, or mistakenly get soap into his eyes from rushing.

‘Good thing I'm a doctor, otherwise I don't know what I'd do.’ She thought. Her first aid kit was put to pretty good use.

"It's about seven now but sweetheart don't rush it. I don't want a repeat of the toothbrush incident. Of all places for a toothbrush to be, up your nose isn't one of them. Now get going but be careful." She warned as she shooed him into the bathroom.

Hanbin laughed at the memory, though at the time it was no laughing matter. There was toothpaste on that brush and it burned his nose when he tried to breath. That was one trip to the emergency room that Dara did not care to go through again.

She sighed and thought about what she should make for breakfast as she walked out of Hanbin's room. She purposely went past the bathroom to make sure he was alright. The boy was a hazard to himself. He was washing his face and not on the floor crying so it's safe to assume he'll be okay for now.

Dara went down to the kitchen. There were still several boxes that haven't been opened that were piled up along the walls. Dara and Hanbin had just moved to Seoul after Dara was offered a position there. Originally they were from Busan, but after recent events, she decided it was time for a change of scenery. She made some calls and managed to snag a position with one of the best hospitals in Seoul.

‘I have to remember to thank IU for this.’ She thought.

Dong Jieun or IU, for Dara, was her good friend from high school through colle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter