Chapter 1: Red Meeting Part I

Private Eye Investigations

 

"I think I've found a roommate for you" 

Jimin's head snapped round, as he stopped in his tracks. The other soon followed suit. Jimin frowned.

"You better not be playing around, Tae. I'm really not in the mood" Jimin questioned, doubtful. The other took on a look of offence at the statement.

"No, seriously. He's awesome." Taehyung shot back as he turned his back on the other. 

"He's probably even too cool for someone like you." he mocked with another of his weird faces Jimin had often told him not to do in public.

"Oi!" Jimin squawked as he poked the other's tummy. Taehyung choked, grabbing the others hands to stop the incoming pokes.

"Hey! I'm trying to help you here. See if I care if you die out on the streets" The other said as the poking started to die down.  

"Besides, he's one of my co-workers-.. well.. he works with me.. yeah. But he's really cool, and he's super smart" Taehyung exclaimed with a bright grin of admiration.

"You'll love him!"

Jimin hesitated before breaking into a grin to match the others.

"Sure, when can we meet?"

-

 

       Jimin pulled up to the stately building, waiting a moment, before sliding out of his seat. He slipped his phone out of his trouser pocket. 1 text message. 

                i'll join you later, i've got to finish up here :P

Jimin sighed. He was about to put down his phone before another vibration shivered through his hand.

                 I forgot to say, Hobi hyung's waiting for you inside ㅋㅋ

       Jimin grinned, before clicking off his phone and squeezing it back into his jeans. He hastily  jogged up the steps leading to the black door that read 221 in sleek silver font. He knocked on the door, checking his phone once more. What answered the door nearly blinded him.

"Hi! You must be Jimin!! Tae's told me so much!" the guy said as he brought the shorter into a hug. Jimin could only flounder until he was released again.

       The guy before him wore the biggest smile he could have possibly mustered. His eyes had curled into soft crescents, and the floppy mop of hair falling over his brow gave off a goofily friendly image. 

"Ahh sorry! I've been looking forward to meeting you. I'm Hoseok, but you can call me Hobi!" He declared with unfailing enthusiam, though Jimin couldn't stop himself from grinning back. 

"It's nice to meet you too.. Hobi hyung" 

"Come in, Come in!" Hoseok proclaimed as he ushered the other into the cosy hallway.

"You'll actually be up in 221b on the next floor. Let me show you up" he said, laughing lightly. Jimin had a good feeling about his new roommate.

 

 

"Okay, excuse the mess, I haven't had time to clean it up yet " Hoseok said, gesturing as he opened the forest green door. Jimin paused.

       The space was actually better than he had expected; considering the fact that Taehyung had set him up for the worst. The mess, true to what Hobi had said, would be described as a little over just 'messy', but it was spacious and had its own unique vibe. The wall paper was an off-brown, and with the sun shining through the window, dust could be seen polluting the air around them. But, with his forward thinking roommate, he's sure it'll be just fine - especially with the fact he'll be spending most of his time in the office.

"So how long have you been living here? You seem to have collected some.. interesting stuff" Jimin muttered as he picked up what resembled a jar of dead frogs. 

"Ahh, this isn't my place. I live in the flat below - 221a" He replied, laughing slightly.

"..You're not my roomate?" Jimin replied slowly, watching as Hoseok's face took on a look of amusement.

"I'm the landlord. Though, I'm very often up here cleaning, and occasionally" he paused to wink.

"I'll bring up some baked goods" 

"Then who's my roomate? And how'd you know Tae?"

Hoseok let out another bright laugh, before showing Jimin to the faded wine armchairs, oak coffee table separating the two.  He dusted both of them before seating himself; Jimin sat comfortable after.

"Would you like the long or short story?"

"I've got time" Jimin smiled politely, he was quite curious. The other took a light breath.

"Ahh, it's a little complicated, where do I start.. Would you like a drink first? Tea?" Hobi had risen before the other could reply.

"Well.. Sure"

        The other shuffled over to the kitchen, clearing some of the clutter out of his way before he could reach the stove. He, quite impressively, found a teapot within the mess of draws and cabinets, and continued on with finding some mugs.

"So I've heard you've been friends with Tae for quite a while? You guys are the same age right?"

Jimin nodded, reclining back in the seat. Some of the ingrained dust puffed up, he coughed.

"We've been best friends for quite a while, yeah. Though he's so odd at times."

"I know what you mean. I was so surprised when Namjoon brought him round, he isn't really one to keep that type of company" Hoseok chuckled lightly as if recalling the fond memory.

"Namjoon?"

Hobi nodded his head quickly, averting his eyes for a second from the boiling teapot to meet Jimin's watch.

"Namjoon is the person you're supposedly rooming with"

"Supposedly? Is he picky about roommates?" Jimin questioned, running a hand through his hair.

"Ahh it's not so much that he's picky. Moreso, everyone is very picky about him.. and his personality" Hoseok diligently placed everything on a tray and hurried back over to where the shorter was sitting. He carefully slid the tray onto the table, before seating himself again. He looked up to face Jimin.

"Tae hasn't told you much about him, I'm guessing?"

"Not that much... Nothing really." 

Jimin felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

"That's probably him now, sorry"

"No problem" Hobi said with a reassuring smile.

Jimin clicked open his phone. 1 new message.

                On my way back~ Wait for me :D

"He says he's on his way back now" Jimin stated, keeping his phone in his hands.

"I think they'll be travelling separately though. Namjoon prefers cabs"

"Really? Isn't that more expensive?" he asked, eyebrows furrowed in disbelief.

"I suppose.. though I think it's more to avoid Tae. I think Namjoon is a bit.. overwhelmed by his.. enthusiam." Hoseok finished the sentence with a satisfied smile.

"Is Tae really that into his work? I suppose if it keeps him entertained.." 

"It's more the fact that he really looks up to Namjoon. I think he was pretty close to moving in here himself - if Namjoon had so allowed it"

"Really?"

Hoseok nodded in reply. Jimin went quiet, pondering his thoughts for a moment. He took a sip of tea as to not appear rude, and smiled upon tasting it.

"I look forward to meeting him then. Tae doesn't admire many"

"Trust me, I know. That kid hardly shows me the respect I deserve anymore" Hoseok jokingly spouted out.

Jimin let a beat pass before asking.

"So how did you meet him then?"

Hobi looked up in thought.

"It must've just been when Namjoon brought him home one day. Though I doubt it was with his consent - he must've just given in."

Hoseok chuckled.

"And Tae being the weirdo he is was rushed around the apartment asking about everything, and due to hyungs impatience I ended up being his guide"

"How'd you meet Namjoon hyung then?"

A loud racket of footsteps, increasing in volume, sounded from underneath the floorboards.

"Tae must be back"

"Tae doesn't have keys.."

They both glanced round as the door flew open.

"Hyung! Where's my gun?"

"Gun?!" Jimin exclaimed.

Hobi immeadiately stood, floating over to one of the cabinets. He drew a gun from out of the drawers. Jimin froze.

"If you'd keep it in order, you'd know where everything is"

"If you didn't keep cleaning up my place, i'd know where everything is" the other said, the back of his long coat trialing behind as he went to collect the gun. Jimin chose to stay invisible.

The other seemed about to leave before he was interupted, halfway through the doorframe.

"Well, you're going to have to keep it cleaner with your new roommate here.. if he even wants to stay with you" Hoseok raised an eyebrow, turning to Jimin who was currently huddled over his teacup. He smiled sheepishly at the elder.

"Aren't you going to say hi?"

Namjoon traced Hoseok's eyeline back to the shruken younger, who gave a tentative wave. 

"Great. We can chat on the way" Namjoon said as he exited out of sight, pulling on his dark scarf. 

       Jimin looked over to Hoseok, who had an unimpressed look on his face, his arms crossed over his chest. He soon turned towards Jimin to give him a smile of comfort - not that it helped much to calm the other nervous heartbeat. Jimin slowly started to stand.

"Is he coming or what?" The other demanded, only his head showing from around the doorframe. Jimin stood, banging his knee on the edge of the table in his haste. He winced, up his pain as he ran over to the door to join the retreating other.

"Don't worry about him, Jimin. He;s actually a good guy, he's just crap at showing it" the other said with a grimace.

"We'll catch up later then?"

       Jimin nodded without much thought as he flurried through the door. He ran over to the other stopped expectantly at his car. He stopped to catch his breath, waiting for the others next command.

"What are you waiting for? Open the car."

Jimin jumped, quickly unlocking the car, pausing when he got into the drivers seat.

"How did you know it was my car?"

"The sooner you learn not to question me, the better. I know everything about you"

"How would you- What-" 

"Start the engine"

Jimin turned to face the other, perplexed.

"But you just-"

"Are we really going to do this?"

"But you've just said-"

"Look-"

The platinum-headed other turned to Jimin, a look of pure boredom shading his face.

"You're a retired dancer, but through no choice of your own, you've injured a leg- You now work at a boring little accounting agency, probably as a paper-boy or something as expendable- You have no girlfriend or boyfriend for that matter, I think you're still confused- There's no stability in your life- You find it easy to make friends but have hardly any bar one- You're really quite fond of our landlord and find me qute intimidating but.. fascinating"

Namjoon never once took his eyes off the other, indulging himself in the other gaping expression. Jimin could only keep staring.

"But- how?"

"Can we go now?"

"But that was so-"

"Start the engine, please."

Jimin complied, a look of awe remaining on his face. He halted himself before starting to drive.

"That was really amazing though"

Namjoon chose to ignore the starry-eyed other, but masked an oncoming smile from spoiling his face.

"Don't go all V on me. Step on it"

"V?"

"Questions later. Drive now."

Jimin obeyed and started off on their journey.

"Where are we going anyway?"

Namjoon grinned.

"Ever been to a crime scene"

"What- no"

"Even better."

 

- -

I haven't edited, and probably won't, so if you spot any mistakes please comment and feel free to tell me. Sorry it took so long.. I was finding it hard whilst jamming out a Bangtan album marathon. I think ending on the Cypher pt3 really sped me up though even though it's 2am here.. woops