Chapter 1

Into the Woods

A/N I'm back! Hahahah. but I'm sure nobody cares about that. Anywaaaaay~ here's the first chapter. I'm so so so so so so sorry for taking soooo loong. I was a bit of in hiatus from all writing and reading coz of school. The struggle is real guys. HUuhuh.

BUT!

Fortunately, it's October so it means I'm on break right now so...good(?) news for this story? Hahaha.

So as usual...

Disclaimer: I do not own EXO or HunHan or any characters here for that matter. But the plot is min though. Any similarities in the plot is purely coincidental, okay? Okay. Hahaha. Sooooo...

On with the story! 


I was starving. . .

. . .and exhausted

And being swarmed by mosquitoes isn't exactly helping my situation right now. I scowled as I swatted another mosquito that was planning to my blood. Ugh!

All I could see was green. 

Literally. 

I was surrounded by lots and lots of trees and there are some species of animals and insects, which I'm pretty sure, I've only seen on TV. I blanched as I saw a snake slither on a branch when we passed by.

I gripped the straps of my backpack and hastened my pace. This isn't exactly what I imagined myself spending my vacation.

"Nickhuuun~" I moaned, stopping my tracks and squatted. "We've been walking for, like, hours. Can't we go home yet?" I complained to my boyfriend and the cause of my misery. 

This is all his fault. If it weren't for his puppy-dog eyes and adorable pout, I wouldn't have agreed to come to this 'trip'.

He turned back and rolled his eyes, "Will you quit whining? We've only been walking for an hour." He grabbed my hand and pulled me up. "You were the one who asked if we could spend our anniversary somewhere special." He didn't let go of my hand and proceeded to drag me as he continued to walk.

I huffed and tugged back my hand to escape his grip, "Well, I was thinking of a romantic break on the beach or a trip to Paris. I didn't expect you'd bring me to a jungle and spend my vacation getting eaten alive by mosquitoes." I said sarcastically, crossing my arms.

Nickhun sighed. He came near and circled his arms around my waist.

"Luhan" he said, " i know this isn't exactly what you pictured us doing. I'm sorry for disappointing you, baby." He cooed and I swooned, internally. "You know that I love you, right?"

Damn him for being adorable!

"And you know that i love adventure." He added, caressing my face,"that's why I'd like it so much for you to experience it. It's important to me that the one I love loves the same thing I do, you know. Maybe someday you'd learn to love it too?" 

I rolled my eyes and playfully hit him on the chest. "Cheesy bastard." I huffed, "Fine! I'll try to be more positive about this..."

Nickhun looked hopeful and gave me a bear hug. Burrowing my face in his neck, I muttered "but don't expect me to like it too much, okay? I'd still rather be in a gandola being serenaded as we cruise our way through the canals in Venice, or have a romantic candlelight dinner under the Eiffel tower or..."

"Okay. Okay." He halted my ranting. "I get. You'd rather be there all romantic but boring, instead of being here where not only is it romantic but also awesome and fun and-" 

"...and has about 100% chance of being eaten alive?" I said, cutting him off. He just looked at me with exasperation.

I held my hands up in defeat. " Fine. Fine. Gonna be optimistic about the jungle." rolling my eyes (my eyes would probably fall out from my eye socket from all the rolling). "Whatever."

Nickhun gave me a blinding smile and a thumbs up, "That's my Luhan!" He held out his hand and said, "Let's go?"

I took his hand and sighed in defeat, "Let's go."  


"In the jungle~ The mighty jungle~ The lion sleeps toniiiight~"

I rolled my eyes again (Seriously, I need to tape my eyeballs before they fall off from all this rolling). This dork who also happens to be my boyfriend is singing his lungs out in a rather unpleasant tune.

And when I say unpleasant tune, I mean ear-shattering, storm-instigating, ground-breaking tune. 

He's lucky we're the only ones here...

And that I love him or I already have left him a long time ago. 

"Babe, I love you but seriously, you're gonna scare all the animals away if you continue shrieking." 

He pouted. "Meanie~" 

I laughed at him and just shook my head.

We continued hiking through the forest when Nickhun suddenly stopped his tracks, stopping me as well.

"What's wrong?"

"Close your eyes." He proceeded to cover my eyes.

"Why?" I asked, prying his hands. 

He tsked. "It's a surprise. Just close them."

I furrowed my eyebrows but closed my eyes, nonetheless. "If this is one of your pranks again, I'm seriously breaking up with you."

He scoffed, "pfft please. As if." Fully knowing that I couldn't really do it if I tried.

He went on to cover my eyes and guided me as we walked.

He let go of me and said, "Okay. We're here. On the count if three, open your eyes."

"One..."

"Two..."

"Three."

I opened my eyes and what greeted me was probably the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

waterfall in the clearing: Favorite Places, Amazing Collection You, Unbelievable Beautiful, Green Natural, Lakes National, Beautiful Places, National Parks, 10 Unbelievable, Plitvic Lakes

What laid out before me was a waterfall with water so clear, you could see yourself as if looking at a mirror. 

The grass was green and the entire area was surrounded by huge trees and boulders. It was as if I was looking at a painting.

I watched in awe as I soaked in the beauty of my surrounding. I probably looked like a fish with my eyes wide and mouth opening and then closing as if looking for the right words to say.

"Do you like it?" Nickhun asked as he gave me a back hug.

I faced him and wound my arms around his neck. "This beats Paris by a landslide."

He just laughed and proceeded to meet his lips with mine.

Kissing with Nickhun in this setting makes all of this worth it. 




I almost didn't mind the mosquitoes.


After a very romantic *wink* moment, we decided to set up camp.

It was getting dark anyway so we thought it was best to stay for the night.

I set up the tent while Nickhun went to gather firewood. 

I finished setting up just as he came back with the wood and proceeded to start the bonfire.

"Babe, you wanna take a dip?" Nickhun asked.

"Sure. I'm all gross and dirty anyway. Yuck." 

I took off my clothes and jumped in the water.

Bad idea. It was freezing. 

"Argh. Stupid."  I shivered.

Nickhun laughed as he took off his clothes as well. "Who told you to just jump right in?"

Hmmph. "Well, i got excited." I pouted. "Mind coming in here and warming me up?" I asked coyly, biting my lips.

He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and said, "I thought you'd never ask."

He jumped in with a splash, laughing. I laughed with him as I sputtered and wiped the water off my face.

Odd. He didn't resurface right away.

"Babe?" My smile was wiped out from my face.

I looked around, thinking that maybe he swam farther from me.

"Nickhun? Come on. This isn't funny."

I swam and hoped to see him underwater but because it was dark I couldn't really see anything. I surfaced, hoping to see him there.

Nothing.

"Nickhun. Seriously, I'm getting mad. This isn't funny anymore."

My heart started beating faster. What if something happened to him?

It can't be. I was just right there when he jumped in.

"Nickhun!" I was shouting louder by now, getting frantic by the minute.

I got out of the water and was about to go back to the tent to get a flashlight when-

"Boo!"

I shrieked as doubled over and fell on the ground.

Laughter came next as I saw my boyfriend there, laughing as if I wasn't having the worst heart attack in my life.

"You should have seen your face." He held his stomache, still laughing boisterously.

My tears fell. 

I don't know whether it was from relief or anger. 

Probably both.

His laughter stopped as he saw me crying. "Babe?"

"Babe?! You almost gave me a heart attack! Don't you know how worried I was?!" 

He reached out to me but I slapped his hand away. "I'm sorry. It was just a joke."

I stood up and dusted the dirt off of me. I looked at him and scowled.

"A joke? Was that your idea of a joke? Because that wasn't funny. You had me worried sick! You didn't care about how I felt!"

Frustrated tears kept coming no matter how I wipe them away. I wailed as I thought of losing Nickhun. He was my best friend. The love of my life. 

He panicked and went on to hug me tight. He was crying too at this point, regret visible in his face. "I'm sorry, babe." He whispered, repeatedly. "I'm so so sorry."

I hugged him back. Held him tight as if I'd lose him any second. 

"You can't leave me, okay?" I sobbed on his chest. "I can't lose you too."

Nickhun caressed my hair as he told me reassuringly, "I'm sorry. I'm here-


I'm never leaving you."


A/N Soooooo... Here it is. Hahahah. What do you think? Sorry if it ain't much. I swear I could do much better. I'm just warming up and building up the story or something. Hahahah

Anyway! Please subscribe and show your love <3

Love lots