LUHAN or “When you’re not sure if he’s gay, transgender or just creepy.”

(Jessica-shawol’s) EXO’s One-shot Collection.


“Oh my god, Luhan! Did you take my dress again?!”

“No.”

I exhaled harshly, storming into his room.

“Are you kidding me?”

“What?”

“The dress, Luhan!” I threw my index finger at him, “It’s behind your back!”

“Okay, okay.” He bit his lip and handed the dress to me. “I’m sorry, don’t be mad.”

“It’s the fourth time this week,” I scowled. “You know that this is the only dress I like, what do you even do with it? Don’t tell me you put it on…”

He refused to answer.

“Luhan!”

“It’s nothing, I won’t take the damn dress again.”







“I’m telling you, Seorin… There’s something wrong with him,” I sighed as I collapsed on the couch, supporting my phone with my shoulder and ear, and a bowl of popcorn with my hands. “What kind of guy would take his roommate’s dress four times in a week?”

“Maybe he’s gay,” Seorin said.

“What?”

“You know, gay.” She chuckled, “Have you ever notice any signs?”

“Signs?” I frowned, “No. Luhan’s always very… uh, manly. And he goes out with girls every day.”

“How do you know it’s girls?” She asked, “Is he out with girls right now?” Her voice sounded weird.

“Yeah, he said he-“

“Well, okay,” Seorin scoffed, “Because right now I’m in front of the Starbucks and he’s literally sitting there with another handsome dude in front of him, both smiling and .” I was quiet for a moment, so Seorin spoke again, “Maybe you don’t know him the way you think you do.”





Bull!

I know Luhan. I ing know him! He’s practically my best friend.

I literally stayed up with thoughts about betrayal, and the fact that maybe Luhan doesn’t trust me. Maybe he doesn’t trust me, so that’s why he didn’t tell me he was into guys. Or maybe he’s not into guys and maybe Seorin is crazy.

But... the dress

I grabbed onto my hair and placed my head on top of my knees.

I started wondering that maybe there’s something else. What if he’s actually transgender – that would explain why he’d want my dress…

I received a text from Seorin,

Maybe he’s just a creep.

I cringed at the thought of Luhan smelling my clothes.






When Luhan came home, I was still up and still on the couch waiting for him.

“Alice?” He blinked as a smile appeared on his face, “Why are you still up?”

“Luhan, do you trust me?”

He frowned, “Of course.” He walked to the couch and sat next to my feet. “What’s wrong? Is everything okay?”

“I don’t know,” I shrugged. “I was wondering if you trust me.”

“Well, I do.” He said.

“Okay,” I gulped as I sat up and locked eyes with him. “Why did you take my dress four time this week, then?”

He opened his mouth and sighed. “You don’t need to know.”

“What do you mean I don’t need to-“

“You know, Alice…” He paused as he stood up, “When I say that it’s nothing – it means it’s nothing. And when I say that you don’t need to know – I mean it. So maybe it’s you who doesn’t trust me.”

That kind of made sense.

I watched him as he walked to his room, and flinched when he slammed the door.

I need to trust him.







“What are you planning for your birthday?” Seorin asked, both of us looking through clothes at the store.

“You know, it’s been a little hard with Luhan,” I sighed. “So I think I’ll just stay in and eat whatever I find. Maybe he’ll talk to me then, you know, out of pity or something.”

“He doesn’t talk to you?” She raised her brows.

“Well,” I thought. “Apart from good morning, I have to go and goodnight, no. He’s been like that ever since he told me that I don’t trust him, so like – a week now.

“Weird,” she said.

“Yeah,” I laughed. “That’s Luhan.”







When “the big day”, more known as my birthday, arrived, I came home with two bags of takeout food, expecting Luhan to give in and have dinner with me.

But once I closed the door, the bags flew out of my hands as a thousand people jumped out and screamed,

“SURPRISE!!”

“W-what?” I exhaled, receiving hugs after hugs.

I finally realized what was happening when Luhan came through the crowd, carrying a huge cake with birthday candles.

Everyone started singing happy birthday, and I couldn’t help smiling.

“You planned this?” I asked.

Luhan nodded, “I’m sorry I was such a jerk to you.”

I laughed, “I-“

“Uh, blow out your candles!” He interrupted.

I smiled, “Okay.”

He smiled as well, “Make a wish, too.”





When everyone left, I tapped Luhan on the shoulder and sat down next to him on the couch.

“Here,” I pushed a can of beer towards him.

“No, I had too many already.” He laughed.

I scowled.

“Well, okay.” As he took the can, I smiled and lightly hit his shoulder.

“You’re a good friend, Luhan.” We both sighed, “But I’ll never understand why you took my dress.”

Before I could start laughing, Luhan shoved some kind of bag onto my lap.

He smiled, “Here’s why.”

I bit my lip in excitement, quickly looking inside. “What’s this?” I asked, pulling out what soon turned out to be a gorgeous blue dress.

“Maybe you’ll like this one, too.” He said.

“So, you-“

“I took your dress to all the stores with me, so I’d know the exact size and everything.” He laughed, “You probably taught-“ I didn’t let him finish that.

I settled the dress next to me and leaned in for a kiss.

Luhan gasped once I pulled away and stared at me with surprise in his eyes.

“Thank you,” I said. “I love it.”

Needless to say, the next day I had new dress to wear and also a boyfriend that came with it.