One Call

One Call
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That was already 2 a.m and a certain gorgeous brunette was on her deep slumber. Suddenly, her phone that placed on the table beside the bed, ringing. Someone’s calling. There’s no movement from the girl, until the third ring. She groaned quietly, as her hand grabbed her phone. Without reading the caller’s name, she picked it up and immediately scolded the person who already disturbed her precious sleep.

 

“Yah, do you know what ti—” a girl’s voice cut her off.

 

“Sooyeon-ah,”

 

Jung Sooyeon, or to be known as Jessica, widdened her eyes as she recognized who’s the owner of the voice. She sat then leaned her back on the bedpost. “Taeyeon?”

 

“You still recognize me? Haha, thank God, I thought you already forgot me. You’re sleeping right now, aren’t you? Am I disturbing you? Ah, of course, I am haha,” Jessica frowned when hearing her ex leader’s voice. She’s pretty sure if Taeyeon now was drunk.

 

“Taenggoo, are you drunk?”

 

“Drunk? Of course, not. I’m perfectly sober right now,” she laughed. “I guess, I have to end this call or else that Kim ing Youngmin will snatch our phone like before. Bye, Sooyeon~”

 

When Taeyeon was about to hung the call, Jessica’s voice stopped her. “Wait, Taenggoo-ah!”

 

There’s a silence between them, but Jessica knew Taeyeon was still on the line. “H-how are you? Is everything okay?” she hate when her voice cracking like that, she didn’t want to make the older girl worry about her.

 

“How am I? Of course, I’m not fine. How could I’m fine while the one I loved isn’t beside me anymore?” asked Taeyeon. Jessica could feel the painful in Taeyeon’s voice. “Ah, I’m starting talk nonsense now,”

 

Click.

 

Taeyeon had ended the call. Jessica who already in tears, began calling the numbers again. But all she got were busy number.

 

“,” cursed her as she threw her phone on the corner of her room. She buried her face between her knees and cried. It’s been almost a year they didn’t contact each other. With this very first call they made added with Taeyeon’s drunk condition, Jessica couldn’t help but missed her other half more.

 

“T-taenggoo,” she called Taeyeon’s name several times, until she’s tired and drifted to sleep with tears still on her cheeks.

 

“Unnie, Sica unnie,” a voice could be heard as pair of hands grabbed the brunette’s shoulder and began shook it slowly. “Unnie,”

 

“Hmm? Soojung?” asked her when she looked at her sister. “What time is it?”

 

“It’s already 9 a.m, why?”

 

Jessica’s eyes widdened in shock as she remembered that she had a meeting today with Blanc&Eclare at 9.30. Just when she’s about to get up, suddenly her head felt so dizzy. Her hand immediately touched her head. Krystal who aware with her older sister’s condition, grabbed her shoulder, prevented her from falling.

 

“Unnie, you okay?” asked her worriedly.

 

“I’m okay. Just a slight dizzy, Krys. I have to take a bath now,”

 

“Okay. Btw, I will go to Japan after this. I came here just to say you goodbye,“ said Krystal as she hugged her sister tightly. “I will go now. Bye, unnie!!”

 

“Take care, okay? Have a safe trip!” Jessica watched her younger sister until she disappeared from the door. She then went into the bathroom and took a bath. Minutes later, she already wore her clothes and high-heels.

 

She skipped to the downstairs and went straight to the garage. The trip from her house to Blanc&Eclare’s building was only ten minutes, that’s why she came on time when the meeting started.

 

“Oh, Miss Jung you already came,” said her secretary as he bowed at her. Jessica nodded then sat in front of those people. Soon, her secretary—Mr. Park—started his presentation.

 

**

 

It’s been three weeks since that day. Jessica were now in Japan, to settle some business things, she decided to expand her business there. It already past midnight, but her eyes still opened widely. She couldn’t sleep at all.

 

She jumped off from the bed and went to the refrigerator, grabbed a bottle of wine. She then poured them into a glass, before brought it to the balcony. She sipped the wine then a smile crept on her lips, as she looked at the beautiful night view of Tokyo. Just then her phone vibrated, one message arrived.

 

[From: Taenggoo<3

Sica, it’s me Taenggoo. Firstly, I’m so sorry for calling three weeks ago. I wasn’t in my right mind at that time and I can not remember any single of what I say. So, if I said something weird last time, please forget about it.]

 

[To: Taenggoo<3

No need to sorry, Taeng. It’s okay though.]

 

Not long after, her phone vibrated. She frowned and thought if she didn’t sleep yet.

 

[From: Taenggoo<3

Thanks a lot, Sica-ah! Uhm, btw, I want to talk to you. I want settle something with you. Can we meet and have a talk?]

 

[To: Taenggoo<3

Okay. I’ll be back to Seoul three days later and we can meet in my or your apartment, how’s that?]

 

[From: Taenggoo<3

Great.]

 

Without bothering to reply the message, Jessica walked inside her room. Put the glass on the table, she then opened her laptop and grabbed few papers. She still didn’t sleepy yet and decided to work.

 

Jessica yawned as her hand covered . She looked at the clock and it already 5 a.m. She closed the laptop and bathe. Her meeting would start at 8, so she still had time to grab her breakfast. After she done preparing, she went to the hotel’s restaurant and ate her breakfast. Done with her breakfast, she walked outside the hotel and found her driver already picked her up.

 

“Good morning, Miss Jung,” said him as he bowed at her.

 

“Morning, Mr. Yang,” said Jessica as she returned the bow, before hop into the car. She rested her head on the back, as her eyes looked out the window. Her mind then flew back to times when she and Taeyeon still together.

 

**

 

“Sooyeon-ah, wakey wakey~~” a voice made a certain brunette opened her eyes slowly. She immediately smiled as soon as she looked at the baby-faced girl in front of her. “Hurry up!”

 

“Where are we?” asked the brunette as she looked around and found herself in a unfamiliar room.

 

“We’re in Phuket,” said her as she rolled her eyes. “Are your brain got smash or what? We just arrived last night and you already forgot where we are,”

 

“Yah!” the brunette exclaimed as she punched the baby-faced girl’s shoulder playfully. They both laughed afterwards.

 

“Kidding, baby. Come on, you need to prepare,”

 

“For what?” she then realized her girlfriend already wore a light blue dress that really matched with her milky white skin. “And why are you wear a dress?”

 

“Secret. I’ll show you later,” said her as she sticked out her tongue. “Go go go~”

 

After succesfully pushed the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter