I Can Cook

VHope One Shots

 The sunlight was shining just enough through the small entrance in the curtain to cause me to wake from my sleep. I brought a hand up to rub the tiredness out of my eyes before freezing in realization of what day it was. I slowly slid out of bed, careful not to wake the moody lionboy. He was so peaceful looking when he slept, but then when he woke he could be a living nightmare. 

I smiled down to his small body covered in sheets before making my way out of the room and to the kitchen. 

"Pancake mix..pancake mix.." I mumbled under my breath as I examined the area. He was a far better cook than me, so I'd always let him do it. Today was going to be different though and I was determined to make it special. Even if that meant burning the few first batches.

After a few minutes of digging around in the cabinets, i was able to take out all the needed ingredients and necessary dishes. I turned the nozzle on the oven to the appropriate temperature before placing the pan on the burner and stirring the water into the pancake mix in a large bowl.

"Okay now how long do I cook these? They usually look goldish when he makes them..yeah, let's do that." I spread some butter along the bottom of the pan since I'd seen him do the same a few times before cooking. The mix was already premade into the container so all I had to do was pour a good amount, stir with water, which was done, and then put it in the pan. Simple enough.

"Daddy.." I heard a small voice mumble from the other side of the wall. As I glanced at the clock, I realized it was the usual time she would wake. 

"Over here sweetie." I whispered as I walked over to her side then lifted her up to hold her against my hip.

She looked like she'd been woken up from all my noise. I could see the tiredness hanging in her eyes so I decided to give a few gentle pinches to her cheek. 

She giggled in response before resting her head on my shoulder with a tired yawn. 

"Did you sleep well?" She nodded her head in response to my question before turning her attention to the pan. 

"Ah!" She opened wide in my direction as she lifted her head, causing me to chuckle in response. 

"Its not done yet. These are for mommy anyway." In protest to my words, she shot her lower lip out and made grabby hands at the cooking pancake I had now poured into the pan. 

"Why don't you help daddy cook? Then we'll get you some breakfast." The little munchkin nodded her head excitedly as she bounced herself on my hip. 

Once we finished cooking a few pancakes, which by the way I let her flip a few, we placed them onto a plate on the counter. They were almost ready to be served, but one thing was missing. 

"Wait right here, sweetie." I set her on the floor for a moment before going to grab some strawberries out of the refrigerator, cutting a few of them up then topping them on the pancakes. Does he want whip cream? I decided to go ahead and get that out as well, placing the container next to the plate.

"Juice, juice!" She clapped her hands a few times in front of her chest as she glanced up in my direction with a wide grin. 

"You want juice?" I went to the cabinet to grab a sippie cup down before blinking at her next statement. 

"No! Mommy juice!" Sometimes she was pretty sassy, but you gotta love your children. 

After finally getting the last things ready and setting it all on a tray, I was able to take it with me down the hallway towards the bedroom as the little munchkin followed along. 

I was forced to place a hand over to keep her giggles from slipping out and waking Tae. She my hand and walked passed me, causing me to roll my eyes playfulling in response as she opened the door to our bedroom. 

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you.." We began to sing in unison as the sleeping lion slowly sat up in bed with a growing smile on his face. 

"Awe!" Tae was now fully awake and wiping away the forming tears in his eyes. "You cooked?! Am I going to die?!" 

Wow, way to sound so sincere. I didn't mind though, I was used to this kind of behavior by now. 

"Yes, sweetie, I cooked and no you will not die." I responded as I sat on the edge of the bed, placing the tray stand over Taehyung's lap before leaning over to give a small peck to his cheek. 

"Sorry, you know I can't help being moody sometimes..besides, this little kicker kept me up all night..." He announced as he placed a hand on his stomach. I grinned at his answer then leaned over to peck his lips a couple of times. 

"I know, but it all pays out in the end." Just as I was talking about her, she slid in between me and tae with a shining grin plastered on her face. 

"I love you!" She chimmed out as she bounced on the bed. This was the life I'd always wanted and there was no one else I would've chosen to spend it with. 

 

--

A/N: This was a requested One Shot. Hope you enjoy it!