01.

A Season of Change.

01.

 

                The smell of spring made almost everyone around relaxed but these thirteen teenagers were soaking wet because of their sweats. It was noon and everyone was given a break and Joshua headed to the rooftop of the building with his guitar. He loved playing the guitar ever since and he loves singing too. He sat on a chair which was by the end of the rooftop and closed his eyes, feeling the fresh air he had been longing for.

                Trying to be one with the wind, he did a chord and strummed the strings of the guitar accompanied by his sweet voice. It’s been a while since I’ve met you. Where could you be in this big city? He was singing softly until someone tapped his shoulder making him stand from the chair. “What are you doing here, Vernon?”

                “Well, it’s our break and please, you’re not the only person who could go here… and besides, the fresh air is very relaxing. What were you singing though? Was that meant for someone?” Vernon raised an eyebrow asking the other boy who shook his head to the question.

                “Oh, I thought it was for someone but isn’t that a composition by you?” Joshua wanted to get out of this situation but he just can’t. How could he lie to his friend? Truthfully, that song was meant for someone… the girl he bumped into two years ago. He didn’t know why this girl was in his mind for the past two years. Well, she did seem familiar, he thought. Joshua was deep in his thoughts when he noticed that Vernon shook him a little by his shoulder. “Are you okay?”

                “W-what? Oh, yes, I’m fine. I’m just tired. Well, we all are.” The boy looked at his watched and signaled Vernon that it was about time for practice again; time for soaking in sweats again but everything would be worth it in the end, he thought.

                “Vernon, Joshua! Where have you been?” Coups, the group’s leader asked. The two answered his question and got back to practicing. After five hours of practicing, they were asked to take a rest since there will be a meeting tomorrow which made all the thirteen guys surprised.

                The next day was like each day but this time there will be a meeting held in their company. All thirteen members gathered with their hands shaking a bit due to their nervousness until the CEO of the company entered the room.

                “Don’t be nervous kids. I’ll just be announcing great news for all of you. Starting today, I’ll be giving you a break. You have worked very hard from the beginning up to this time, so I am rewarding you a month break but” the thirteen boys were indeed happy at the announcement of the CEO but nervousness came back with that one word, but “after that month, you will be back here practicing and a reality show. This reality show will hold missions to test if you are ready to debut so prepare for that. Okay, that’s it. Have fun with your one month break.” They sure were happy with the announcement but the fact that they had school didn’t make them that happy.

                Since the CEO held a very early meeting, the boys were still sleepy but they just can’t go back to bed because of school. Although they practice very hard, these boys didn’t neglect their studies. They sure go to different schools but some of them are classmates. The group had returned to their dorm and change into their school uniforms real fast and headed down to the van. The three eldest among the group, dropped off the younger ones first to make sure they had arrived in their respective schools. Once they arrived to theirs, they went out of the van and entered the school. They weren’t late, in fact, they were an hour early. Even with the large number of members they had, same age-group goes to the same school except for three members who goes to one school but in different age-group.

                “Coups, Han, I’ll go ahead.” The two boys didn’t know what was going on with Joshua but they just shrugged it off. Joshua, on the other hand, headed to his favorite spot of the university… the secluded garden. Not many from this university know this place. Maybe just those who like to look around would know this place. He brought his guitar out and played a song. He was trying to compose a song but it’s not as good as he wants it to be. “Ugh! Why can’t I make a song? I’ve been into music for all these years but I can’t make one. How annoying!

                “Finally, a time for myself. I don’t remember the last time I had this kind of relaxation.” Joshua overheard a girl’s voice on the other side of this garden. He stopped what he was doing and looked toward the place where the voice came from. He saw a girl… a very innocent looking girl. He was about to stand to approach her but to his dismay, his phone rang.

                “What?”

                “Why do you sound annoyed? Where are you? Classes is about to start.”

                “I’m not annoyed and I’m somewhere around the school. Okay, gotta hang up to go there. See you later Coups.” He kept his phone in his pocket, returned the guitar to its case and headed back to his classroom while carrying his notebook.

                “Where have you been?” Jeonghan asked.

                “Just somewhere.” He sat at his usual seat and looked out by the window. The secluded garden is somehow seen at this place in the room and he saw the girl still sitting on the same place. He wondered why she isn’t going to her class until he saw her scribbling something… more like, illustrating a portrait… of a guy.

                “Mr. Hong?” Joshua looked front and saw his teacher a bit irritated and bowed a bit to apologize, letting out a sigh and looking outside for the last time.



follow me on twitter : @highlyinsaneL
like my facebook page: highlyinsaneL Stories
read my stories in wattpad: highlyinsaneL