Meet-Cute

Be Natural

The music was so loud the tune was easily recognizable in the hallway as 'Two Moons'. The surprise came when they entered the big blank room to find the Exo-M version playing and a solitary figure dancing hard in a green hoody.

Tao started hopping in place, excited to hear his own voice coming from the stereo, Lay began popping along with the beat while Kai and Sehun went straight into judgy-mode.

The eleven members of Korean/Mandarin idol band Exo were barely awake for the 5:30 start time and a few actively winced at the loud music. It did not help that Kris (He-who-shall-not-be-named) was rapping for the full length of the song. His absence was too fresh for the pre-dawn hours.

Their manager played dumb when the guys asked if the green-hooded figure was a new member replacement. The guys growing anxious until D.O. pointed out matter of factly, "It's not a new member, that is a girl's ! Chill out."

The music stopped, Lay lightly clapping for the performance causing the girl to spin around. Her face went completely red as she tried to regain her composure from the surprise. Self-consciously she fanned her burning cheeks as she returned bows and greetings with the group.

Their manager explained that Linh Tikki had won a dance competition and the opportunity to spend the morning with Exo. They would be filming it as a variety show that might be posted online if anything funny comes.

"Just be natural."

**************
It took a half-hour to finish setting up with the help of sleepy SM rookies, multicolored stool were put out in groups. Exo waited to be assigned where to sit until Tikki invited them to choose on their own. Trying to not be obvious, the members stole glances at the girl who was not behaving like a star-struck fan. She was quietly directing the rookies, checking off a cramped written list as she went.

Long dark hair was braided over her left shoulder, she did not have any visible makeup on her dark face, and she kept requesting coffee from one of the rookies who happily ran off to fetch more. A quilted silk jacket, old maybe antique was revealed when the hoody proved too warm and her skater jeans did nothing for her shape, if she had one. Her round open face did have one unique feature, Tikki's eyes were jet black the color taking up most of the opening under her single eyelids.

When completely set up the rookies left to begin their training for the day, two hugging Tikki before running out; the younger high-fiving the other for being bold.

Tikki addressed Suho, "I am going to change and then we can begin. I hope we can all have fun today." She waved shyly to the crowd and went to get dressed.

Suho ordered s to get ready too, "Last call for bathroom, water, and snacks, let's go guys! Check your hair and makeup." The members scattered knowing that filming could be a long process.

****************
Reemerging in a red cotton dress and yellow sweater, Tikki had some light makeup on but still less than the guys in the room. Exo shuffled to the side of the room so she could give a proper introduction to the camera.

Tikki took a moment to breathe before looking at the camera man, "You're my guy, right? Make me look pretty." Surprised to be addressed directly, the slight man gave her a thumbs up and checked his focus before giving her a count down.

'4....3....2....1....'

"HiHi, I am Tikki, the winner of SM Entertainment's recent dance competition held in Seoul. For my prize, I get to spend some time with one of the best idol groups in this underground bunker. I like their music very much and their performances are always to be looked forward to. I will be your host as we enjoy talking and learning more about these handsome young men, please welcome....EXO!!!!"

The men came on camera lined up properly and introduced themselves as Exo, Tikki clapping while still holding her checklist.

Tikki was greeted by Suho directly but something was wrong, "Please correct me but I only heard 10 voices during the introduction."

Like a dog sniffing out a cat, Tikki walked down the line until she stood in front of Chen, "The others can only hold you up so long, please make sure you make an effort today." Chen doubled over laughing holding his hands out to cover his embarrassment. "Suho...what's wrong with this kid?"

"I'm sorry, he can't speak today."

"Did someone jinx you? You take games seriously in Exo." Tikki looked around the group, happy to be surrounded by such serious young men.

"I meant, Chen lost his voice from over use. He has been working hard but still he wanted to come here to play today. He can text or gesture."

Chen took out his phone, smiling he tapped the screen and then Tikki's shoulder.

"Aash, I've known him for 1 minute and already he wants my number." Tikki turned to Baekhyun who could only gasp in laughter at Chen's stricken face as he tried to explain properly without words. "All this time I thought you were the bold one. Chenchen's been holding back on us."

Tikki took a few steps away, allowing Chen to regain his composure. Bringing out her list and pen she scratched out a section, looking up she saw Chen watching her. "Oh, this? Just making some changes."

Chen flicked the paper, he wanted to know what changes.

"#19. Make out with Chen." Tikki's eyes sparkled as Chen turned white as a sheet.

Chen lunged to get the paper.

"What are you doing? You don't just try to read a lady's list." Mock outraged, Tikki skipped out of range. Chen moved to speak but only a squeak came out. "I know it's from overuse, but what if it's really laryngitis? All of their germs," Tikki gestured to include the entire group, "Are your germs. The more I think about it, the more I want a HAZMAT suit to stay in this room with you."

Chen pouted. Tikki was firm, "I can't risk it. My dongsaengs need me to be able to shout at them on a regular basis. It would be anarchy if I lost my voice. But keep asking for my phone number, we'll see how that goes."

Tikki checked the invisible watch on her wrist, "Less than 5 minutes in, we've made some terrific discoveries: 1) Chen can't talk. 2) I am going to have a lot of fun torturing Chen.