Chapter 3

My Second and Last Love

 

Vic’s POV

 

Its been 3 days already since I last talked to Hae.. I know, for people who’ll be getting married in 3 weeks, this is really a long time.. its not that we don’t want to talk to each other, maybe he’s just giving me time to sort out my schedule... I know, I know, it’s my wedding! But I still cant sort out how to fit this wedding in my hectic schedule, or how my hectic schedule could give way for my wedding.. Am I sounding a bit stupid here? Gosh, it’s my wedding for Pete’s sake! How can I not make time for it? But its not as easy as it may seem..

 

----

 

Dr. Song, paging Dr. Song, in the Emergency Room please..

 

That’s me.. I’m Dr. Victoria Song Qian. I’m a resident doctor in Seoul Medical Center and an aspiring heart surgeon. That’s my life. Since I was young, I always wanted to become a doctor, but it since my Mom died, it wasn’t just a childhood dream that I want to fulfill, it became my purpose in life. She died of arrhythmia when I was only 7. I was too young back then to understand what all these things mean. The only thing that remained in me is the determination to fulfill my purpose. I just thought that if I wasn’t young back then and I’m already a doctor, this wouldn’t happen to my mom. I could’ve saved her. She could’ve been with me and dad right now, she could’ve see me wear my wedding dress and cry with me as I walk down the altar as I watch the next best man in my life aside my dad waiting to be part of my life forever.. If only…

 

Now, am I being unreasonable? Its like telling me to choose between my life and my life.. yes! Both is my life, Hae and my profession. Its not easy to choose, how can I?

 

“Vic, its not that your going to give up your profession. Hae understands that your profession is what drove you this far and he won’t take that away from you. He’s just asking for your to give yourself time, to prepare for your future, enjoy the “other” life of yours. Your so blessed to have someone like him, if it were not him, they could’ve asked you to choose. But he didn’t. He only asked you to give time. That wouldn’t hurt Vic, and besides, I’m willing to take extra extra shift to cover up for you if that’s what will appease you..”

 

Why am I so blessed. Yanin is really my best of best of friend. She’s always there to cover up my shifts and take on the extra time left for her just for me. Honestly, what she said was true. Its not that I’m going to give up my purpose, I’ll just enjoy my “other” life and cherish my other blessings.. My Donghae.. that’s it! I’m all set. Why have I just thought about it now? Aish…

 

--------

 

Dr. Song, paging Dr. Song, in the Emergency Room please..

 

As I rush down the hallway of the hospital going to the emergency room, my heart keeps on thumping very hard. I know it’s not because of the rush because I experience this kind of things everyday but why? It’s a weird feeling and honestly, I don’t feel to good about it..

 

---

 

Nobody’s POV

 

Nurses are already waiting outside the emergency room to assist the patient from the rushing ambulance.

 

“What happened with the patient?” asked the nurse in charge while helping them transfer the patient to the stretcher.

 

“Possible symptoms of aneurysm” said the paramedic. “Family of the patient said they just saw him slumped in the kitchen screaming of pain, then the patient started to vomit and then fainted” elaborated the paramedic while handing the patient’s chart to the nurse in charge.

 

“Ok we’ll cover from here.” Said the nurse to the paramedic while pushing the stretcher to one of the unoccupied room in the ER.

 

“Doctor, based from the chart, possible symptoms of aneurysm..” the nurse didn’t finish what he was saying as Dr. Song immediately went to the patient’s bedside.

 

“Nooooo!”

 

---

 

A/N: sorry for the long wait and sorry for the short chap.. hope i didnt bore you guys.. 

 

Please comments and subscribe! i love to hear from you all! =)