Fanboying

Fanboying

(A/N: < italics in brackets are song lyrics > )

 

Carnival music is playing from the TV.

Jaejin turns around to focus on the TV as he hear the bass drum joining in...

 
 

< Round and round like a horse on a carousel, we go.

Will I catch up to love? I can never tell... >*

 

'They're pretty good,' Jaejin thought to himself while watching the music video playing.

 

"They took everyone by storm almost six years ago, Sophie, Belle, Hana, Miya, Nari - the MxTapes. This five member pop-rock girl group based in LA have topped charts world wide with all four albums they have released..."

 

The screen changed to a concert recording.

 

<...Coz you're a slave to the people
Slave to the people

Over and over it's taking me over
Over and over it's taking me over...>**

 
This song, unlike the previous song was missing the pop-ish vibe of the first song, with a heavier rock sound.

'Omo!' He was shocked, 'They're playing instruments. That's really cool. There are not a lot a girl bands.'

 
The screen changes to the MC, "MxTapes will be joining us next time on Section TV, so remember to tune in."
 

'MxTapes?' He thinks while walking to his laptop and searches them up. He clicks on their music videos, playing  their songs while scrolling through the profiles. He stops at the photo of the lead singer.

"Wah... yeppuda."

Just below the photo, her profile was listed:

 

Belle
Belle is the lead singer of the pop-rock band MxTapes. Born on April 13, 1992, Belle is the youngest of the group.

Isabella Chae, 'Belle' or AReam (korean name) was born in Korea to an Italian-American father and Korean mother. Her parents moved to America when she was two ...
 

*+**+***+***+**+*

(A week later)

Jaejin is sitting at a table, finishing a text. Hongki walks behind Jaejin and steals his phone away.

"Yah! Is your phone background the girl from that girl group?" Hongki teases.

"Hyung, what girl group?" Seunghyun and Minhwan came over to look at the phone in Hongki's hand.

"Hyuuung!" Jaejin mumbles, his head down on the table and arms hiding his face.

*+**+***+***+**+*

A woman walks into the apartment with grocery bags and walks to the kitchen. Music is playing in the background. Her son walks into the kitchen and helps her unpack the groceries.

The song changes and Jaejin's mom hums along to the chorus of the song.

"Umma, you know this song?" Jaejin asks his mom, surprised.

"Oh, ne. Your Jinjoo emo has this song as her ringtone. It's her niece's song - AReam. She's a nice girl. I met her once when your emo and I had coffee together."

"AReam... Umma, jinja?!" Jaejin said excitedly. "Umma, you really met Belle?!"
 

-----+-----

*   Melanie Martinez - Carousel 
**  Stonefield - Over and over
 
A/N: Hello! Hope you enjoyed. Please comment and let me know what you think. Thanks