Just My Luck (1/2)

Just My Luck

Inspired by this prompt:

When Chen jokingly puts Xiumin's ity up for sale on the internet, neither of them expect some guy in another country to pay thrice the asking price for it.

XiuHan version created by yakiseop:

 http://fujoshism.livejournal.com/13542.html

And its sequel:

http://fujoshism.livejournal.com/14574.html

LJ ver: http://naomi240000.livejournal.com/1155.html

http://naomi240000.livejournal.com/1458.html

http://naomi240000.livejournal.com/1614.html

 

Jongdae stares at the screen; drowsiness overwhelms him by the next second, and eyelids immediately shutting down any chances for the sun rays to invade his vision. His brain begins to search for that picture folder, labeled as ‘unrequited memories’, and it goes into overdrive as the slideshow begins, each picture painting a hazy second.

However it halts when a loud noise wakes him up from his reverie, forcing him to groan loudly and swears outloud. His brain prepares his body to physically attack the idiot who stirs him from his nice nap, but he is met with silence as when he looks around, finding no one near him. At first he thinks it must be a random noise outside, but then he notices the small email icon on his taskbar, blinking rapidly as if it will disappear into pixels if he doesn’t automatically open it.

So he does, double clicking the icon, and waits for that dreaded 1 minute while sighing dramatically. He hopes it’s not another task that he must finish before the end of the day, and he certainly wishes it’s a spam email from IT department. He’s close to getting that wish as he reads Kim Jongin from the sender’s label and he guesses it’ll be another ‘cute doggies’ email. How wrong was he when he reads the first few sentences

Hyung – why did you do this? I mean it’s so tacky – you could have just asked one of us to get rid of your flower

Flower? What? Jongdae has a lot of questions in his mind, but the first one remains what kind of drug is this kid taking?

Of course when he asks that, he doesn’t expect himself to take back his words when he clicks on the link that Jongin provided.

It pops up much faster than his email, and it’s clear what kind of services this site offers. Ranging from buying a Russian house wife to selling your barely legal daughter’s ity, but the most interesting part is the advertisement, the one that clearly states his name and how much his ity costs, 50 000 wons.

Strong and pliant body waiting for you to claim his innocence. Despite his kitten like features, he has been taught to wither you into submission with that skillful tongue of his. Trained vocalist for the years he spent in choir and the hours he will spend crying out your name. Not yet satisfied? Your will surely convince you soon enough.

Anger can’t describe what he really feels because anger means you’re feeling an emotion. However he feels nothing, because all he wants to do is grab the nearest sharp object and stab it into the person who created this vile post. Except he’s curious on what kind of pictures did this person post, and he secretly hopes every erted person will fall in love with his body despite the fact it’s creepy as hell to even want that.

So he scrolls down and there are 3 pictures, each is as tantalizing as the next, and he almost immediately feel proud in his chest since he himself believes he looks ing amazing. He really should be furious at the fact that one of the pictures was him barely clothed, almost giving nothing to the imagination, but he isn’t. Nevertheless he is going to kill his so-called best friend and he hopes his muscles are strong enough to drag a dead body 10 floor down from their apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xiu sighs momentarily as he feels Baek’s soft lips trailing down his neck and stopping at his Adam’s apple, it lightly. A hand palms around , lightly rubbing against it before. Baek’s teeth graze his collarbone and his palm wraps itself around , pumping it gently. Xiu moans loudly as he pulls Baek closer using his legs and his hand travels down as he throws his head back against the wall.

“Baekhyun! Open this god damn door!” Jongdae shouts from the other side of the door, startling Baekhyun’s trance of desire. Xiu whimpers when Baek is about pull away and his hands are already off Xiu’s body.

The three have been roommates for the past 2 years, and even longer best friends since their school years. They knew each other’s faults and miseries, and were able to heighten the other’s mood. It was only recently that Xiumin and Baekhyun became a couple, each was reluctant to admit its own feelings. It took plenty of jealousy, deceit and confessions before the two decided to give it a trial. Fortunately the trial was a success since both could never keep their hands off each other.

 “Ignore him” Xiu grabs Baek’s shoulder and pulls him close again for another heated kiss.

“Baekhyun!” his shout startles them again and Baekhyun forces himself to disentangle from Xiu’s embrace. Xiu groans loudly as he tries to find a robe or something long enough to cover his hard . He can’t find either one so he runs to the adjoining bathroom, hoping the robe is there.

“What?!” Baekhyun opens the door abruptly, almost causing Jongdae to stumble into Baehyun’s form.

“What the is this?!” Jongdae gestures wildly at his phone, clearly showing the advertisement for his ity

“Oh that – “ Baekhyun has the nerve to chuckle in front of him and it takes every ounce of Jongdae’s will to not stab or pounce at him with a heavy object.

“It’s just a joke – chill” Baek shrugs nonchalantly

“Chill?! How can I chill when someone already bid on it?” he gestures to the first bidder who wants it for 50 000 wons. His heart races anxiously at the thought of some creepy ert staring at him like he’s a feast in a golden plate

“Technically user MeRaw25 is Xiumin – “

“What – Xiumin is on this?” Jongdae gasps in surprise when he finds out that his real best friend, not Baekhyun the , the one who holds his hand through every rough moment, is actually helping Baekhyun in this prank. It really should not come into surprise since Xiumin adores Baekhyun way too much to actually think clearly. However, he still can’t ing believe that Xiumin would help him.

“Well duh – he created it” Baekhyun states as if this piece of news is extremely obvious. Jongdae’s eye twitches as he can’t decide who he should kill first.

“Oh hey Jongdae” Xiu finally walks out, holding a towel around his waist since he can’t find the robe.

The next few minutes are a blur as Jongdae lunges towards Xiumin, Baekhyun yelps at the sudden reaction and Xiumin cries out in pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frozen bag of peas is covering his eye as Xiumin stares nervously at the furious scowl of his best friend. He has to admit that it’s his own fault for agreeing with Baekhyun’s vulgar idea, but really, how should he know that Jongdae would try to kill him the moment he finds out about it? Okay, maybe he does know deep down inside when he giggled as he created the post a few days ago.

“Calm down alright? If someone overbids Xiumin, he can easily outbid it since it’ll be just him paying me since I posted the advertisement. So really I don’t see the issue – “Baekhyun starts to explain, but ends up flinching when Jongdae starts to approach him again. Baekhyun holds his hands up and mutters fine I’ll stop

“I can’t believe you’re even a part of this – what happened to the guy who would not stand for his stupidity?” Jongdae glares at Xiumin, who just shrugs at his words

“You’re overreacting – no one else has bid on it. You’re too tense and people can easily tell you need ” Xiumin places his hand cautiously in Jongdae’s shoulder as he says this in slight humor. Nevertheless, Jongdae doesn’t find this funny and will never find it funny since he’s about to strangle Xiumin with the energy he has left.

So Xiumin runs away, and hopes Jongdae is clumsy enough to fall at one point, but he doesn’t and he catches him. Just as he’s about to hit him, Xiumin tries one more time to get his point across.

“In my defense – “Xiu starts to say and he realizes how he has no arguments left, but he can sense the stares of Baekhyun and Jongdae, as if they expect him to have a smart retort. So he gulps and thinks he can bull around this, but his brain formulates nothing, just emptiness. “Actually just hit me” and Jongdae does to his arm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jongdae stares blankly at the wall, trying to not think how his best friends are deceitful bastards. He finishes his third shot of Tequila and it burns faster in his throat faster than the first two. He gestures for another shot and Xiumin reluctantly fills it up, resisting the urge to lecture the younger.

“Hyung it’ll be fine” Jongin whispers besides him and Jongdae wonders why they always invite this irritating kid, even though Jongin is practically his little brother.

“Oh my god – I can’t believe you posted the picture where he poses as a fireman” Sehun laughs like an annoying hyena and Jongdae really want to punch him, but he’s too exhausted to even stand.

“It’s really one of his better ones” Baekhyun replies with a glint in his eyes and Xiumin shoots a dirty glare at him. Baek quickly cowers and sits beside Xiumin, closing his lips for once.

“What I want to know is why you put the price as 50 000 - I mean who’s willing to waste that much money on a small ” Sehun says and Baek tries his hardest to not laugh as he looks away from Jongdae’s glare

“Hey – losing your flower should be worth that much” Jongin retorts with a huff.

They quickly look at Jongin, who stares back in confusion.

“Seriously – how the hell is this kid not a ?” Baekhyun says outloud

“I for one agree with you – how much did you pay Chanyeol hyung?” Sehun asks him in a serious tone and Jongin blushes in reply.

“I – I didn’t pay him! He likes me” Jongin snaps angrily while his blushing face betrays his emotions.

“Damn hyung – if Jongin can get laid for free, then who’s going to pay for yours?” Sehun asks in a curious tone and Jongdae throws a pillow straight to his face while grumbling about finding better friends.

“Sehun that’s enough” Xiumin glares at him and tries to comfort Jongdae, but he immediately rejects any affection from traitorous friends. Xiumin can only sigh before he crawls back into Baek’s embrace.

“It’ll be okay hyung – who knows, maybe the guy will take your flower gently” Jongin says casually and they stare at him again, as if his words are extremely stupid.

“What?” Jongin asks in confusion

“How are you not a ? How am I still a when the most naïve guy in this room isn’t?” Jongdae holds back a sob and flops his face down to Jongin’s shoulder, looking for comfort, since he knows he can’t take back his dignity if he crawls to his disloyal best friends for reassurances.

“You can always go to a bar and just find anyone” Sehun tells him as if the notion will give comfort

“But you shouldn’t give your – “Jongin starts to reply but his sentence is cut off by Jongdae’s words

“I swear if you say flower one more time – “Jongdae growls at him when he lifts his head off Jongin’s shoulder, staring at him with darken eyes.

“Your cherry – “Jongin fixes his mistake

“Oh my god” Sehun slaps his hands to his lap and rolls on the floor in laughter. Jongdae glares at Jongin, painfully aware that he is torn between punching him or hugging him for being so cute. Meanwhile, Baekhyun and Xiumin are just trying to contain their stifles of laughter.

“I – I don’t get it” Jongin looks around for help, which he gets none. Jongdae sighs and pats Jongin’s back to console him, while Xiumin shakes his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xiumin is enjoying Baek’s warmth against his back as they cuddle under the sun’s warmth. The gentle breeze is the right temperature against the skin of their arms. Baek is humming a familiar tune when they hear a notification from Baek’s cell phone. Baek fiddles around in his pocket before he’s able to take it out.

“Oh – someone outbids you” Baek says casually as he shows Xiumin the details, where it says 100 000 wons is the current bid.

“Wow that’s twice” Xiumin gapes at it for a while and Baek stands up to get his laptop

“Let’s outbid him” Baekhyun mutters as he opens his laptop, and goes to his bookmarks, where the link is saved.

“There, 120 000” Baek states and Xiu agrees confidently, however their bid is quickly gone as the same user outbids for 150 000.

“Whoa – this person really want Jongdae. Should we just let him?” Baek states in amusement and Xiumin replies with a flick to Baek’s forehead.

“Are you crazy? I’m not letting some stranger molest him” Xiu retorts and takes the laptop out of Baekhyun’s reach.

The bidding war begins and Xiu spends the next 30 minutes focusing his attention to winning this bid. Unbeknownst to them, the auction ends abruptly and Xiumin gapes at the screen as he sees the result in front of him.

“So? Did you win?” Baek asks as he returns with their drinks and place them into the table.

Xiumin stutters as he points to the screen and his mouth remains open.

“You lost didn’t you? It’s okay – we’ll tell him you tried” Baek tells him as he sits next to him, unaware of the shock reaction that remains in his face. Baek takes his laptop back and that’s when he sees it.

20 million wons

Did I read that right?

Yep – 20 million wons

“Wow” Baek stutters

“Yep”

“And it’s another person? He came out of nowhere?!” Baek almost shouts as he stares at the bidding list

“Yep”

“I’m not telling him” Baek immediately says this before Xiu can have a similar idea. His boyfriend stares at him in annoyance, but he knows that out of the two, Jongdae will kill him less, or at least he hopes so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jongdae should have known, after all he lives with the most conniving roommate and his willing boyfriend. So when he reaches home, Xiumin immediately tells him that his favorite dinner is made. Then Baekhyun, forever the remote hogger, lets him take the remote and lets him watch his favorite show, one that Baekhyun despises. All of these hints should be obvious enough that they are holding a dirty secret, one that can ruin their friendships.

So when they sit down across from him and guilty looks are on their faces, he knows that the next few minutes will determine the future of their friendships.

“So – remember how we auction your ity?” Baek starts nervously

“Stop – just shut up” Jongdae growls at him as he knows where this conversation will end

“Before you yell – just look at the bid” Xiu starts to say

“Nope – I don’t care. Cancel it, tell him the ‘object’ is no longer available” Jongdae rises up from his chair, fists clenching and he starts walking towards the door.

“It’s 20 million” Xiu states calmly and Jongdae stops in his track. He turns around to see if Xiumin is joking, but he doesn’t really need to because Xiumin never joke about money.

“You can finally pay everything off and start elsewhere – you always want to move to Japan remember?”

Jongdae glares at him and for the first time this week, he’s speechless. He wonders if this is all a dream and it just feels real because he likes the idea of being rich. So he pinches himself and it hurts physically, but the thought of giving his body to some creepy stranger hurts his heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next few days Jongdae focuses on work because he can’t deal with this situation. He doesn’t know what he wants because he doesn’t need to leave Seoul, and even when he thinks of rejecting the money, he doesn’t have the guts to say it. So he distracts himself, taking on more tasks than he needs to, and maybe, just maybe, a decision will shine itself in front of him.

Sadly, reality does not work that way because it never does, as it always backstab him like in the previous years. He thinks it’s the universe way of giving him the finger because he cruelly rejected a girl in the past, mocking her in front of her friends. Of course he regretted it the moment he saw the tears, but the universe made a point of never letting him forget it. People may say he’s exaggerating, but he isn’t really, not when his past crushes would casually reject him, leaving him to solitude. However, he’s not completely a one might say, since he knows how to kiss and he knows how to render someone boneless with his gifted tongue. The only issue is no one else is willing to return the favor.

He sighs as he returns home, a bit later than usual, and hopes that his roommates are not idiots tonight. Unfortunately his hope is quickly gone when he sees Baekhyun placing several chilled Soju on the living room table and his favorite takeout dinner. He shoots daggers with his eyes towards Baekhyun’s body, hoping the elder feels shots of pain throbbing into his body.

“No we’re not idiots tonight” Baek rolls his eyes in response

“Sit – the more you scrunch your face, the more hideous it is” Xiu teases him as he pats his back before walking towards the living room

So Jongdae reluctantly places his bag on the floor, near the door, and walks towards them with cautious eyes, as if either will spring an attack against him.

“What’s the occasion?” Jongdae asks before sitting down. He grabs a Soju bottle and downs a quarter of it in one shot.

“Our 100th ” Baek states sarcastically, but Jongdae still spurts out liquid out of his nose. He shots an angry glare at Baekhyun as he wipes his nose with the back of his hand.

“Anyway let’s eat since we waited for you and I’m ing hungry” Xiu says to them as he’s the first to reach the takeout box, uncaring what the contents may be.

“Ew – there are cucumbers on mine” Baek rubbed his nose in disgusts and pushes his box away, pouting at Jongdae who just opens his. Jongdae retaliates by eating his without feeling empathy towards the elder.

“Bae~” Baekhyun whines to his boyfriend this time, who is almost done with his food and stares at him in confusion.

“Just take them out” Xiu says to him, trying not to spit any food into his boyfriend’s face, and luckily he doesn’t.

“They’re already touching the rice”

“Well eat the rice or don’t have dinner” Xiu shrugs as he says this

Baek huffs in response and crosses his arms, unwilling to have dinner despite his growling stomach.

“I can’t believe you’re such a kid and you’re older than me” Jongdae grumbles as he takes out Baek’s “spoiled” rice and cucumber and gives him his. He rolls his eyes at Baek’s squeals of delight and tries not to smile when the elder hugs him.

The next hour goes by quickly as the three recalls old memories and Jongdae gets his first laughter of the week when Baekhyun falls flat on his face when his foot stumbles upon the carpet. Of course any moment of happiness is promptly ruined when Xiumin clears his throat, waiting to tear the next stitch in their friendship.

“I replied to the buyer’s email – “Xiu starts to say after Jongdae calms down from his high. Jongdae immediately freezes and he stares back at the eldest, recognizing the guilty look instantly.

 “What?” Jongdae chokes out

“He’s not a creep – he’s actually really nice” he continues on nervously

“He?!”

“And the good news is I convinced him to come here instead so you don’t have to go to China” he ends his news with a cheery tone

“And you said I’m worse” Baek whispers to himself even though Baekhyun doesn’t really understand the concept of whispering since his voice is always too loud.

Jongdae stares at him, unsure of what he should do first, kill or hide.

Some guy is going to my

He’s from China

A creepy guy from China is going to molest me

The realization dawns on him so he panics. Whenever Jongdae panics, he does 2 things, he sits in the weirdest corner of the room or house, and he hugs his knees until he feels better. This may be the biggest quirk he has and possibly a turn off to future mates, but he doesn’t care because it’s the only way he can calm himself.

So he sits in the corner, located ironically in Xiumin’s room, and he stares at the floor, wondering why the universe is always so cruel. Luckily his roommates leave him alone and Xiu doesn’t ask him to leave when bedtime approaches. Instead, Xiu leaves the door open in case Jongdae leaves in the middle of the night, which he does at 1 am.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay” Jongdae blurts out to them at 10 in the morning, where both were eating their breakfast. They stare back at him in confusion, especially Xiumin, who thought Jongdae was still angry.

“I’ll do it – him – the money is ing awesome but I needed a valid reason and I’ve found it” Jongdae smiles at them for the first time

“?” Baekhyun drawls his response, earning a pinch from Xiumin. He pouts and rubs his arm. Jongdae scoffs in reply and rolls his eyes.

“No – I’m going to open a studio, hire a bunch of talented rejects and let underprivileged kids learn from them” he tells them excitedly and they both stare back at Jongdae in silent

“Well?” Jongdae urges for a compliment, hell an insult will be good too.

“That sounds really great – “Baekhyun starts to say and Jongdae beams at him “But you’re only talented vocally” and Xiumin smacks him hard in the head.

“Ow – I’m just saying he has no business knowledge, let alone how to handle a bunch of brats” Baek rubs his arm and Xiu tries to argue back, but he can’t think of one.

“Well of course I don’t – that’s why I need your help” Jongdae flashes Baekhyun a dazzling smile, as if it’ll convince Baek to join him on this startup idea. Baek scoffs in return and gives him a yea right look.

“Please~” Jongdae begs at him and Xiumin nudges him to accept

“No – I’m not quitting my fabulous job just so you can do another daeumb project” he replies while associating the word dumb with Jongdae’s nickname, Dae.

“The other day you said you hate it” Xiu glares at him

“No, I hate my boss – there’s a difference”

So Jongdae turns to Xiumin for help, who immediately whispers to Baek’s ear, possibly suggesting some fantasy. Baek huffs in reply instead

“Don’t bother bribing me with that” Baek tells him and turns his back away from Xiumin. So he tries harder to get Baek’s attention by rubbing his back and placing kisses all over his neck.

Jongdae turns away; trying not to listen to the amount of kisses and moans from the other side. Instead he focuses on that tiny speck of stain on the floor in front of him and wonders why Xiumin haven’t clean that yet.

“Fine! But if this goes horribly wrong, you’re doing that 5 times” Baek crosses his arms and Xiu nods happily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So what did he reply?” Jongdae looks over Baekhyun’s shoulder, invading his personal space almost completely.

“Um – how about some space?” Baek replies to him, and Jongdae can easily feel Baek’s breath on his cheek. Jongdae makes a point of leaning himself closer to Baek, until Xiu sees them and jerks Jongdae away, giving him a pointed look. Xiu may be the smallest amongst them, but he’s definitely not weak when he asserts his territory, especially regarding Baekhyun.

“He says he’s coming in 2 weeks with a friend, for “business” purposes. He can’t wait to see you” Baek give Jongdae a toothy grin and wiggles his eyebrows.

“At least you have time to go shopping” Xiu tells him

“Why? He probably wants me all the time” Jongdae rolls his eyes

“You’re right – tighty whitey is so ually arousing” Baek replies sarcastically

“Fine then what should I buy?” a question that Jongdae immediately regrets of asking.

They end up shopping for hours in which Baekhyun drags him to the tiest stores for the perfect toys, which of course Jongdae rejects vehemently. However, he does agree to two things, a vibrating and a ring, because he doesn’t want vanilla , and it’s not as as the beads Baekhyun buys for Xiumin.

Then they find themselves in numerous men stores, where half of the time is spent on arguing and the other half is trying on clothes.

“Wow – we are so buying that” Baekhyun tells him as he whistles in appreciation to the jeans that hugs Jongdae’s . The way his curves in those jeans can put Sehun’s into shame. So Jongdae wholeheartedly agrees with Baekhyun and buys 3 pairs.

Then there are times when Jongdae really wants to kill him

“I am not wearing a thong just because everyone else is doing it” he glares at him angrily

“Technically it’s a g string” Baekhyun corrects him while twirling the g-string in his finger and Jongdae leaves, without signaling Baekhyun to come.

And the awkward moments between them

“Baekhyun! Let me see”

“Um – later”

“Come on – it’s not fair since you saw me before” Jongdae whines because Baekhyun did see him in boxers recently so Baek can make sure Jongdae is buying the tightest pair. Luckily the changing room only has a curtain so Jongdae impatiently pulls the curtain and gasps in shock. Baekhyun yelps in surprise and covers himself before Jongdae quickly pulls the curtain back to its spot.

“What are you doing?” Jongdae hisses in an almost quiet tone as he glances around nervously

“Xiu sent me a topless pic – it’s not my fault okay” Baek replies in a guilty tone and probably on the verge of crying

“Well don’t take care of it here” Jongdae hisses in reply and hopes Baekhyun listens to him because he does not want to be kick out of this store for indecency.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The days are gone faster than he originally thinks as he finds himself staring at the calendar.

It’s today

why is it today?

He runs to the bathroom and showers, almost scrubbing his skin to the point where it’s wrinkly and red. Then he can’t decide on what to wear so he sits on his bed, boxers already on him, and waits for Baekhyun or Xiumin to notice his misery. So Baekhyun takes pity on him and throws him one of the newly bought shirt and huggable jeans. Jongdae is about to complain, but stops when he realizes that arguing doesn’t make him feel any better.

He’s extremely nervous and he almost tempts himself to go to his corner, but Xiumin catches on quickly and drags him away. In fact, they both drag him outside the apartment by 11 am and they enter Baek’s car, where Xiu sits beside him, rubbing his hand gently for comfort.

Baek drops them off on the restaurant where they’re meeting since he can’t stay due to overwhelming work at the office. They wave goodbye to him and enter the building as Jongdae’s confidence slowly deteriorates. The reservation is under Xiumin’s name and they go to their table, waiting for some Chinese old men to come to them, at least that’s what Jongdae thinks.

Suddenly he sees Xiumin standing up, and waving at someone. Jongdae freezes in his spot, and wonders if he can slowly melt into the chair, leaving a puddle of existence. He hears Xiumin greeting them in Mandarin’s hello, which is probably the only Mandarin word he knows of. Luckily Xiu doesn’t need to know more because he hears his voice, the one that replies to Xiu in perfect Korean.

Well this guy sounds like a kid

“And as you know this is Jongdae” Xiu gestures to him while smiling, and Jongdae tries his hardest to gather up all of his courage, just so he can say hi without embarrassing himself. He turns around as he stands up and sees him. Doe eyes, brown hair and an easy grin are the buyer’s characteristics.

Oh I get it – I thought it would be an old guy and you give me a kid. Very funny

Jongdae shoots his thought to the universe before smiling back and shaking his hand.

“Luhan – and as you know, Yixing” Luhan gesture to the guy besides him, the one Jongdae does not notice until now.

Oh this must his friend

Damn he’s cute

Yixing smiles at him and that perfect, hollow dimple protrudes on his cheek.

he’s really cute

It doesn’t help the fact he feels a tiny spark when their hands shake and Jongdae quickly pull his hand back, feeling twice as nervous.

So Yixing sits in front of him and Luhan is besides him, while Xiumin in front of him. They start off easy conversations, where Luhan spends most of his time asking questions and Yixing is just there listening. Xiu gestures to Jongdae with his eyes, as if suggesting him to talk more. So he does, as he nervously ask Luhan what he does and tries to hold back the most invading question how are you so damn rich

“Wow – that’s amazing. CEO of a company at 25 must be exhausting” Jongdae stares at him with wide eyes

“You get used to it” Luhan laughs nervously and twiddles his fingers

Their orders of raw beef finally come and Jongdae eats a lot when he’s nervous. Luckily they’re eating hot pot so Jongdae put more raw meat into the soup. They start eating in silence, with the occasional hmm this is so good and have you tried this yet comments.

“So Yixing, what do you do?” Xiumin asks him as he turns his head to the side a little

“Hmm businessman” he replies teasingly

“Isn’t that vague?”

“More vague than CEO?”

Xiumin chuckles and Jongdae stares in confusion at them

“Hey! At least I go to work daily unlike you” Luhan retorts in Mandarin and Yixing smirks.

“In case you ever need a tour guide, Jongdae is excellent” Xiumin tells them before eating his next portion, earning a glare from his best friend

“It’s a good thing Jongdae offers a variety of services then” Luhan remarks, and they both laugh as Jongdae blushes furiously and looks away

They hear Yixing clearing his throat and Luhan suddenly stop abruptly; his face goes into stoic expression.

They finish lunch rather quickly and they are about to part ways. Jongdae is putting his scarf back on, but ends up tangling it in an ugly manner. So Luhan chuckles and untangles it, causing Jongdae to freeze in his spot. He begins to wrap the scarf nicely around Jongdae’s neck, creating one of those elegant loops that he always sees in magazines. He feels his face flushing as Luhan’s nimble fingers brushes against his neck.

“Luhan”

Yixing’s voice is sharp as he pronounces the name and a steel, cold look replaces his previous cheerful face. Luhan quickly retracts his fingers and puts a 5 feet distance between himself and Jongdae.

Jongdae feels warm fingers trailing down his hand and he looks up at Yixing’s gaze. His brown ones meet Yixing’s dark ones, a moment of silence passes between them.

“Will you walk with me?” Yixing asks him and Jongdae can only gape at him, unsure why the buyer’s friend is trying to ask him out. So he looks towards Luhan and Xiumin, who are obviously too busy in their conversation.

“Um sure” Jongdae eventually replies since he has nothing else to do

Yixing spurts out some quick Mandarin words to Luhan, who nods and waves bye to him. He gestures Jongdae to follow him, and he reluctantly follows, looking back at Xiumin’s easy smile.

“So you free tonight?” Luhan wiggles his eyebrows

“Yes – free to my boyfriend” Xiu states clearly

“No ring means no commitment” Luhan tells him in a smug smile and Xiu just stares at him in disbelief

“Another entitled pretty boy” Xiu mutters as he walks away, uncaring when Luhan squawks hey!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They walk in silence side by side and Jongdae keeps staring at Yixing, thinking he’ll start a conversation soon. However he doesn’t and it’s making him feel like he’s on the edge of freefalling into a certain doom.

“It was a dare” Yixing suddenly stops walking in the middle of the park, one that they enter a few minutes ago

“Huh?”

“Luhan dared me to buy someone’s ity. I’m not that type of person – one that takes pleasure on taking someone’s ity” he tells him with guilt in his eyes and they sit in a nearby bench

Oh – he’s the buyer

So he never wanted me…

Yixing can see the crestfallen look on Jongdae’s face and quickly continue his words.

“What I meant to say is it’s your decision in the end. I didn’t choose you randomly – you’re really cute” Yixing says with almost a tease in his tone

Jongdae huffs and rolls his eyes at the word cute. But then he realizes should I give the money back?

“Then the money – “

“Oh don’t, keep it” Yixing waves it off as if 20 million wons was spare change

Why are Chinese men so rich?

“I don’t take charity – I’m not desperate” Jongdae glares at him

“Then show me Seoul? After all, my Korean is really rusty” Yixing grins at him and that darn dimple shows up again.

– that dimple will be the death of me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday

He keeps staring at him, as if he’s unsure if he should just ditch this guy in the middle of the pathwalk as they tour around Seoul. Yixing seems to be an avid daydreamer, as he likes to randomly stop their fast paced walk, indifferent of the angry glares they receive from strangers, and spends literally hours, okay fine 10 minutes, thinking about something. By the 5th occurrence, Jongdae is angry, actually twitching-his-eye-to-resist-killing-him livid is the better description, as he turns Yixing around to face him.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” Jongdae stares at him with a glare that can rival all mothers in the world whenever their kid is misbehaving.

Yixing replies with a raised eyebrow, unsure of his question.

Of course he doesn’t get it – why would some high level businessman care of some lowly civil servants’ opinion?

“You can’t just ing stop in the middle of the pathwalk just so you can think. It’s rude as hell and you need to be considerate of others’ feelings!” Jongdae jabs a finger to Yixing’s chest as he annunciates his words clearly

“Oh” is his reply and Jongdae is this close to strangling him with his bare hands

“You got it?” he growls to him and Yixing visibly nods at him before Jongdae leads them away from their current standing.

They walk in silence for another 15 minutes before Yixing grabs Jongdae’s arm and leads him straight to the entrance of a strip club. His eyes widen at the thought of this implication and he struggles to break free unsuccessfully.

“Why are we – “his words fall flat when he realizes Yixing is not leading him to the club, but instead Yixing just want to stand in front of the club so he can think. Jongdae slants his eyes towards his face, anger bubbling inside of him at the thought of Yixing finding a loophole in his previous argument.

“You said not in the middle of pathwalk” Yixing briefly smirks at him before his face becomes blank again, deep in thought.

It takes every ounce of his will to not scream in frustration and he clenches his fists while looking away from the very definition of businessman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday

It’s the 5th time he catches Yixing’s stare at him, but it feels like the 100th time because he’s not used to so much attention from one person, let alone from a cute yet of a guy.

“Stop it” Jongdae hisses at Yixing as they stroll around the museum, almost stopping at every masterpiece to appreciate its beauty.

“What?” Yixing stares at him with those intense eyes, the ones that usually make Jongdae’s knees weak if he isn’t currently furious with him.

“Stop staring at me – it’s unnerving and annoying. Why can’t you be normal for once and just appreciate what’s in front of you?” Jongdae huffs in frustration

“But I am – “Yixing makes a point of traveling his eyes down Jongdae’s back, appreciating the curve of his in those huggable jeans, and finally to those worn out shoes, ones that would be a total turn off because it’s on the verge of evaporating, but Yixing finds them adorably charming.

“Seriously – you’re gonna check me out like a teenager?” Jongdae judges Yixing on the spot, arms crossed over his chest when he turns around, but Yixing doesn’t care as he his lips and raises a suggestive eyebrow.

So Jongdae storms off in annoyance and walks off to some direction, hoping Yixing can never find him. Unfortunately, Yixing seems to have a Jongdae tracker in his brain and finds him easily, while holding a yogurt bottle, Jongdae’s food obsession of the month. Jongdae grabs it hastily from Yixing’s fingers and walks in front of him, somewhat forgiving Yixing for his lechery looks. He still however hates Yixing’s smug looks, the ones that he sends behind Jongdae’s back because he knows he’s so damn good at knowing Jongdae’s weaknesses.