Chapter 2

Supermarket Sweep

Jiwon had never really felt lonely. As far back as he could remember he had always been surrounded by people. In school, he had always made friends incredibly easily since he was a bit of a class clown. Even in the 8th grade when he declared in front of the entire class that he was going to be rapper and everyone laughed, it didn't bother him because he was passionate about his dream and was sure that if he looked he would find others just as passionate. So from then on, he started following other artists online, chatting with various people as he developed his writing skills. Then a few years ago, with the help of his talented hyungs, he was able to start posting his own songs under the name Bobby.

He had gotten a lot of positive responses and advice from fellow rappers and all of the compliments had made him really happy, but for some reason the praise he received from this one user, B.I., had made him smile the most. B.I. had just made a short comment on one video, but his detailed words and youthful enthusiasm made Jiwon decide to reach out to him and soon the pair started writing each other every day. He connected with in B.I. in ways he had never connected with anyone else, happily talking to him about everything and anything, whether music related or not. And as time passed, the more he wanted to meet B.I. in real life, but he was afraid that if he asked he might scare him off, and that was the last thing he wanted.

Even as he was preparing for his college exams, he made time to talk with B.I. Like food or air, the boy had simply become a necessity of life. Then out of the blue B.I. decided to send him some "awful lyrics" he was working on, asking Jiwon for advice. B.I had always talked about wanting to be a rapper, but this was the first time he had sent him anything and he couldn't contain his excitement as he opened the document, reading over B.I.'s words about being misunderstood. As he finished, Jiwon sat back in his chair, staring at the screen in amazement. B.I.'s lyrics were so sincere, it shook him deeply as if he was feeling his heart beat fast for the first time.

Months flew by and soon Jiwon had moved into a college dorm and had started working at a nearby grocery store. After he had praised B.I.'s lyrics, the boy started sending him more songs, and the more Jiwon read, the more his thoughts became preoccupied, wondering what B.I.'s voice sounded like until one day he finally summoned the courage to asked the boy to record something for him. B.I. responded by saying he would try to put something together, which Jiwon translated as a "stall and maybe he'll forget about it" tactic. So a week later when an email titled My ty Song magically appeared in his inbox a week later, he was completely shocked. Jiwon's eyes widened as he opened the email. There was no message, but when he saw the attached audio file his heart started thumping loudly, feeling like a school girl who had just found a love note in her locker, and with giddy anticipation he immediately clicked it open.

A melodic voice blared from his speakers, making Jiwon's head tilt to one side, a smile creeping along his lips as he  listened to B.I spit intricate phrases into his ears. Jiwon instantly recognized the words from the first set of lyrics the boy had sent, yet the composition was even better than he had imagined. His smooth flow of fast words packed a punch, and once again Jiwon easily fell for B.I., wanting to hug away the hurt that was so easy to hear in the boy's voice.

Jiwon instantly sent B.I an email telling him how much he liked the track. Also if you ever want to talk about anything. I'm here. ^^ he typed, quickly hitting send before he could talk himself out of it. But as days passed without a response, regret soon filled his heart, and he wondered if he would ever hear from B.I. again.

Jiwon listened to B.I.'s track for what had to be the 100th time, reluctantly pulling out his earbuds out as he threw on his apron to start work. With a deep sigh he exited the backroom and headed for the counter to check in with his boss, Mr. Kang, his steps slowing when he noticed the storeowner chatting with that strange boy who ran off a couple of days ago.  It was so weird. He had never seen the kid before that day, but the second they had made eye contact the brunette quickly bolted from the store like he had seen a ghost or something. And then of course Mr. Kang had make fun of him, saying that he must have been scared off by Jiwon's face.

Jiwon had thought maybe the kid was just super shy or something, yet here he was today, happily chatting with his boss, the boy's face suddenly turning bright red at whatever Mr. Kang just whispered to him.

"Boss, are you teasing the customers again?" Jiwon interjected, taking the opportunity to approach them.

"Me? Never." Mr. Kang said, overdramatically offended.

Jiwon ignored his boss, his gaze drifting over to the younger boy. His soft smile was rather adorable, but it instantly fell the second he noticed Jiwon looking at him.

"Hi. I'm Jiwon." he said, holding his hand out to the younger boy.

'Jiwon' Hanbin repeated to himself as his heart beat and his stomach flipped. After the last incident, he hadn't written Bobby at all, feeling embarrassed about the situation at the store and even more scared to read what the older boy thought about his rapping. If it wasn't for his mom practically forcing him out the door, he probably wouldn't have come back to the market. He didn't know how he was supposed to face his long time idol without sounding like a complete idiot. When he arrived earlier, he had been so relieved when he realized Bobby wasn't working, quickly shopping in hopes of avoiding him completely, but of course as he was paying for his groceries Mr. Kang had to start asking him what he thought of his new employee, teasing him just long enough for Bobby to show up.

'Don't freak out. He already thinks you're weird don't make it worse.' Hanbin told himself, forcing his hand out to take Bobby's, feeling his heart stop as the boy smiled at him and shook his hand. "I'm Hanbin." he said, instantly pulling his hand away and quickly bowing his head. "It's nice to meet you...but I really have to go." he continued nervously before grabbing his groceries and dashing out the door.  

Jiwon scratched his head in bewilderment as he watched the cute boy flee. 'Maybe it is my face.' he thought before he became distracted by his boss' laughter.  

"I think someone has a crush."

"Huh?" Jiwon asked, looking over at the old man.

"Hanbin's a really good kid." he said, patting Jiwon's shoulder. "I think you two will get along just fine." he added before directing Jiwon to start stocking the shelves.

When Jiwon arrived home from work that evening, he immediately checked his email, hoping to finally get a response from B.I., but when his empty inbox came into view, he released a deep sigh, letting himself fall backwards onto his bed. 'Maybe I really did piss him off.' he thought to himself as his heart clenched painfully in his chest. He knew all along that his growing affection for the mystery boy hadn't been healthy and would only end in disappointment, but to suddenly be cut off by him hurt more than Jiwon anticipated.

Jiwon put his earbuds in, listening to B.I.'s song a few more times until he started to fall asleep, wondering how the absence of someone he had never met could make him feel so utterly alone.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

    End Ch2   

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hello again. I know the style of this fic is a little weird, but I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far and I hope you'll stick around for the fluffiness to come. ^^

Thanks for reading. And just remember comments make happy authors and happy authors write more. <3