Chapter 1

Supermarket Sweep

Everyone thought Hanbin a shy kid. His schoolmates, and his parents. He was shy, so he didn't talk much. He was shy, so he stayed in his room. His mom would constantly tell him he needed to go outside and make friends, but what she didn't understand was that he wasn't shy and he wasn't lonely he had just fallen in love with making music. It was his only passion and if that meant he didn't have any friends in real life, it was fine because the people he chatted with online were much better than the kids at school anyway.

Hanbin spent every second writing lyrics and used every dime of allowance to buy recording equipment that he kept hidden in his room. His hyungs online were his only encouragement, especially Bobby. He only looked a year or so older than him from what Hanbin could see from his youtube videos, but the lyrics he spat and his flow were amazing. Hanbin had randomly decided to comment on one of his videos one day, which ended up starting a long dialogue between both of them regarding all things hiphop. For months they messaged each other back and forth, and Hanbin even emailed Bobby some of his lyrics to look at, to which Bobby always responded with praise and suggestions, along with lots of smiley emoticons that threatened to ruin his hardcore rapper image, not that Hanbin minded.

Months turned into a year, and although Hanbin knew that he probably was just another fan to Bobby, every message from his hyung still made him incredibly happy.  Then out of the blue, Bobby had asked Hanbin to send him one of the songs that he had recorded, and although Hanbin tried to tell him that it was all , Bobby refused to believe him and continued to ask him until Hanbin finally caved in and he agreed to send something once he cleaned it up. It took a whole day of toiling to choose the right song, three days to fix the lyrics until they were passable and another week to actually re-record and edit it without wanting to scrap the whole thing. But today it was finally finished and with thumping heart, he opened his email and attached the mp3. His cursor hovered over the send button for a few moments, doubts eating at his brain. "Maybe I should listen to it one more time."

"Hanbin!"

His mother's voice startled him as she called him from downstairs and next thing he knew, he was reading the words Message Sent on his screen.

"."

"Hanbin!" his mother yelled again, and he quickly closed his laptop in an attempt to pretend he didn't just send Bobby his crappy song.

He hurried down stairs and found his mother in the kitchen, rummaging through the fridge. "Hey, mom what's up?"

"Can you do me a favor and run to the market and grab some things for dinner?" she said, handing Hanbin a list and some cash.

"Sure." he responded. Usually last minute errands annoyed him, but at the moment he would take any distraction he could get, and it wasn't as if he could say no to his mom anyway. So without much thought, he took the list and the cash and headed out the door, casually making his way to the local market while trying his best not to think about the fact Bobby could be listening to his song, right now.

He walked into the store and was immediately greeted by the same ajusshi, Mr. Kang, who had been running the store as far back as Hanbin could remember. Having memorized the layout, he quickly made his way through the store, grabbing the items he needed before heading towards the cash register.

As he paid for his things, Mr. Kang made small talk, asking about his mom and how he's doing in school, to which Hanbin politely responded, until they were interrupted by a boy rushing through the door.

"Sorry boss, class ran a little over."

Hanbin suddenly felt a chill run down his spine as he heard the stranger speak.

"It's okay, Jiwon."

Hanbin slowly turned his head, his eyes widening in shock when he saw Bobby standing right there in front of him, in the flesh. The cute smile of relief that was playing on his lips made Hanbin's heart race, but then Bobby's eyes suddenly glanced over at him, and the next thing Hanbin knew, he had grabbed his groceries, bolting out the door and running the whole way home.

Hanbin had never thought of himself as a shy person, at least not until today.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

   End Ch1

~~~~~~~~~~

 

And so it begins. I know this is really short and a little boring so far, but I hope you will stick with me till the end. There will be cuteness. Thanks for reading and as always comments are love.