Chapter 1

Mundane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mundane, is what Ailee would describe life as. In her first 20 years of living in the woods with the villagers, Ailee couldn’t ever remember feeling that life is this boringly repetitive. Or perhaps it’s just her. Six years, six long painful years she have been parading aimlessly, chasing after traces of him whom she yearns to find and delve into his embrace. First Incheon, then Seoul, as long as she had visions of a certain place with this certain silhouette, she would quit her work and rush there just to try her luck. If all else fails, Ailee would just try to find a temporary job there, just in hopes of meeting her fated one. Few occasions, she was this close to meeting him, however she would always lose him in midst of crowds or be there a step too late. But she knows, he’s a businessman and he smells like sea breeze.

 

2015, Ailee turns 26. Ailee is unusual, she is a mixed blood of a human and a werewolf. Much to her disappointment, she cannot transform into a wolf and neither does she have wolf qualities, but Ailee isn’t like a usual human either. Her heart pounds slower than usual humans, she possesses keener senses, but she however, lacks in feeling. What Ailee feels in her heart is just dull emotions. For her, the emotions are there but she can’t really grasp it. It has always been like this for 26 years, earning her nicknames like ‘Ice Doll’, ‘Ice Princess’, ‘Coldlee’. Ailee didn’t understand what’s wrong, and the explanation given to her was that, only her mate can make her feel human.

 

Again, Ailee knows she’s lucky because she gets psychic dreams that aids her in finding her happiness. That’s how she found her courage to leave her village and chase after her fated lover. Ailee can only hope that fate will bring them together soon. After all, Ailee only stays in one place until her dreams signal her to move to somewhere nearer to him.

 

“Hey doll. One Iced Latte, takeaway.” Her co-worker chimed.

 

Ailee looks up, time to start working again.

 

-

Mundane, is also what another person would describe his life as. He knows, his life is perfect. He’s rich, he’s handsome, he’s young and capable, but JiHoon cannot comprehend why he always feels like his life is lacking in something.

 

“I think you seriously need a girl.” A voice chimed. JiHoon turns away from his glass window in his office, looking at the intruder of his office.

 

Maybe. JiHoon doesn’t deny this possibility.

 

“What brings you here, dear brother of mine?” JiHoon tilts his head at his biological younger brother, his little doppelganger who owns a complete opposite personality from him. A complete Casanova, who knows his charms and plays the girls around him one by one. A much carefree soul than he is.

 

“Since I’m free, therefore I’m checking the status of this older brother of mine.” Roh JaeBum beams as he throws his body on the black leather sofa facing the older boy. JiHoon gives an unamused smirk.

 

“Well you’re lucky then. I’m taking a break now.” JiHoon stands from his chair and settles himself on the single sofa diagonal to JaeBum, ing his blazer as he crosses his leg, waiting for the younger brother to start speaking. JaeBum gives a cheeky grin.

 

“So……Any new girls?” JaeBum stares expectantly.

 

“Nope.”

 

“Any eye candies?” JaeBum tries again.

 

“Nope”

 

“Any who sparked your interest? Any of any gender?” JaeBum presses on as he watches his elder brother pour himself some red wine.

 

“Nope.” JaeBum groans.

 

“HYUNG. You’re 25 this year. You still have not gotten your first love yet. You’re still single. You’re still a . 25 is ancient, my dear brother!” JaeBum gapes with his arms outstretched, obviously incapable of understanding his brother.

 

“So? It doesn’t even matter to me, somehow you’re kicking up a fuss?” JiHoon arches an eyebrow, sipping on his wine as he listens to his younger brother preach for the umpteen times. Exasperated, JaeBum snatches the cup of wine from JiHoon.

 

“No, hyung! It’s just that I don’t understand. You have the money, you have the looks, you have the status, hell, and you even have the entire office of girls to choose from. Holy , have you seen your secretary or the other young office ladies you have in this level and in this building? All hot as hell and drooling over your… Allen Edmonds! You have them at your beck and call, but you’re still single! Hyung, seriously are you planning to marry this company instead?” JaeBum rambles in exasperation. JiHoon deadpans.

 

“No. But, honestly, if you want those girls you can have them. I’m not interested, if I was I would be dating them now.” JiHoon snatches back his wine and finishes it, then showing a smirk to his younger brother. JiHoon doesn’t believe this young brother of his would understand how he feels, JaeBum wouldn’t understand how he finds all the girls he’s seen so far dull and uninteresting, how they did not fit his standards. In all honesty, JiHoon hates being lonely too. But again, Roh JiHoon only wants the best. The best, in his opinion.

 

“Now if you’ll excuse me, my break is over.”

 

-

Ailee couldn’t brin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter