Small Bump

Small Bump

Inspired by Ed Sheeran’s song, Small Bump

 

Baekhee shifted, gulped her saliva hard. She took a deep breath, but it didn’t help. She sighed, there was no other way. She took a peek at her handphone, an hour to midnight. She shifted again, this time faced her husband. She really needed her husband’s help, but didn’t have heart to wake him up. Her husband finally could go to bed early after two sleepless nights because of works, there he was sleeping like a log.

 

Baekhee decided to do it on her own. She got up and walked to the door. Just as she was about to twist the knob, she heard her husband called for her. “Where are you going? Do you need anything?” he asked in hoarse voice. He sat up with half-opened eyes, hair sticking out to any directions.

 

“I want some strawberries” she admitted. “You know, craving”

 

His eyes opened completely at the very next second. “Why didn’t you wake me up instead? I’ll get some for you” He approached her, wrapped his arm around Baekhee’s slender waist, caressing the small bump and kissed her nape.

 

“But I want to watch a movie, too” she whispered, hinted sorry in her voice.

 

Her husband drew a small smile. He returned to bed and got pillow and blanket to bring with them. “Come on, I will watch with you”

 

~*~

 

They went back to their shared bedroom soon after the movie ended. Baekhee had enough strawberries for her craving that night and a romantic movie to watch with her giant husband, although she knew that Chanyeol fell asleep ten minutes after the movie started.

 

She laid on her back, blinking in the darkness of the room, as for Chanyeol he already siled to his dreamland as soon as his body met bed.

 

She couldn’t close her eyes.

 

She couldn’t fall asleep like her husband.

 

She caressed her small bump. “Please, let’s just sleep, baby. Let your Papa sleep, he is deadly tired, got it? Now sleep”

 

But no, she didn’t even yawn. “Baby, please” she pleaded. Her eyes started to water, she sniffled.

 

“What’s wrong, love? Do you feel uncomfortable?” she looked up only to find her husband panicked, jabbing her guilt even more. Her husband was sensitive with sounds, even when he slept.

 

“I couldn’t fall asleep. I’m tired” she pouted then hugged her husband.

 

Chanyeol chuckled and returned the hug, knowing that she couldn’t sleep unless he sing her to sleep. It became worse after Baekhee got pregnant with their fruit of love.  “Lay down, I’ll sing for you and baby”

 

As Baekhee lied down, he got up to get his guitar then sat on his wife’s side. He played the guitar so softly, so softly until Baekhee was sure that only both of them and their baby in her belly who could listen.

 

You’re just small bump unborn, in four months you’re brought to life,

You might be left with my hair, but you’ll have your mother’s eyes,

I’ll hold your body in my hands, be as gentle as I can,

But now you’re scan of my unmade plans,

A small bump in four months you’ll open your eyes

 

I’ll hold you tightly, I’ll give you nothing but the truth,

If you’re not inside me, I’ll put my future in you

 

You’re my one and only.

You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight

Oh, you’re my one and only

You can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight

And you’ll be alright.

 

Chanyeol hadn’t finished the song yet, but he stopped as he heard very soft snores from her wife. He put his guitar back then lied down next to her wife. He moved closer oh so softly and wrapped her arms around Baekhee’s waist, caressing the small bump. “Have sweet dream, babies”

 

~*~

 

Days went so fast. This morning, Chanyeol was late to work as he had to calmed Baekhee down. She cried telling him that she was not attractice anymore and huge. He tried his best to coax her and it worked. Few hours ago he ran like a mad man to the delivery ward where his wife was in and now there was Chanyeol who was holding his wife’s hand tightly.

 

“Chanyeol, it’s hurt”

 

Chanyeol wiped the sweats on Baekhee’s forehead, winced as the grip on his hand tightened. He kissed her hand, while her wife panted then tried to calm herself. “I’m here, love. You can hit me, squeeze my hand, slap my face, pull my hair, or anything you like when you feel hurt, I won’t be mad, I promise”. He smiled bitterly seeing her wife state. He kissed her lips then coaxed Baekhee to follow him breathing.

 

It had been almost three hours since Baekhee pushed into the delivery ward but her water hadn’t broken yet. The midwife kept checking if she was dilated enough. Baekhee bit her lips as she felt a strong contraction. “Stop bitting your lip, love. I know it’s hurt but it will bleed if you keep bitting your lip”

 

“Chanyeol..” she winced as feeling a really strong kick from their baby. “can you please tell him to stop kicking and come out already?”

 

“What?” Chanyeol asked dumbly.

 

“Please, he listens to you well” Baekhee put his husband’s hand on her big belly, making Chanyeol surprised at how strong their baby kicked his Momma.

 

Chanyeol nod then scooted closer to Baekhee’s belly. Hand caressing with care, he started to speak softly, “Hello there, baby boy. It’s Papa. Papa know that it is really comfortable inside there, but can you come out? Papa promise it’s not scary. You have Papa and Momma. We will hug you so you will stay warm, Papa will shoo away the monsters under your bed so they won’t eat you and your Momma will give you the best milk in the world. Look, your Momma is in pain right now, you don’t want your Momma to be in pain for too long, right? Come one, little hero, let’s save Momma”

 

The midwife shrieked as Chanyeol finished speaking to their baby. “Your water broke,” Baekhee breathed in relief. “Let’s welcome the new baby, shall we? Mommy, are you ready?”

 

~*~

 

Loud cries was audible to every corner of the room, but nobody was bothered. Chanyeol held close the crying small creatures because of his uncomfortable new world. "Huuh" Chanyeol moaned very slowly, expressing the sense of awe when his skin came to a contact with hisn newborn son’s skin. The cries subsided down when Chanyeol greeted the still red and wrinkly baby. “Hello there, little hero. Thank you for making out safely. Papa and Momma will always love and protect you, baby” his eyes brimmed with tears as the baby warpped his little fingers around his pinkie. “You really got your Momma’s eyes”

 

“Chanyeol,” Baekhee called her husband softly. “I want to see him too”

 

Chanyeol sat down on the chair beside her bed, still holding the baby. “Here is our son, Momma”

 

Bakehee’s eyes started to water. “Hello there, our precious,” she greeted as she caressed the baby’s cheek lovingly. The baby shifted his head and his eyes fluttered open, recognizing both familiar voices. “welcome to our family, Park Taeyang, Papa's and Momma's little sunshine” then she kissed his button nose.

 

END

 

 

 

 

 

well, it is very very mainstream story, I hope you had great time reading this one^^