Chapter 1/1

Everything's Gonna Be Alright

"Um Junhong, I know it's late but there's something that I'd like to tell you."

"Hi Himchan. It's been a while since I heard from you. What's up?"

"Are you sitting down?"

"Yeah."

"Okay." He takes a deep breath. "Yongguk got run over while he was walking home." He waits a few seconds before he says anything. "The doctors are operating on him as we speak, but the chances of him surviving are slim." Neither one of us talks for a few moments. "I know this is really sudden, but I want you to know about this in case Yongguk...doesn't ma-"

"Yongguk's not gonna die. He's gonna make it. I'm sure he will."

Himchan sighs. "They're making us leave the hospital so that we can get some sleep. The surgery should be finished by tomorrow morning. I'll tell you what happened tomorrow morning. I don't want Yongguk to die either -I want him to live too- but we have to understand that he might not make it. Please understand that Junhong? Okay?"

"Okay Himchan."

"Goodnight Junhong. Let's hope that Yongguk's surgery is successful." He hangs up and leaves me alone to think about what he just said.

"Yongguk won't die. He can't die." I say to myself as I walk to my bed. 

You can't die Yongguk. If you do, who will help me improve my rapping, or make sure that I don't stay up late. 

Tears are streaming down my face by time I reach my bed. Yongguk's gonna make it, I think to myself as I fall asleep. He has to.


I'm sitting at a table in a coffee shop. As I look around I see that no one else is there. I'm alone until he takes a seat right in front of me. "Hello Junhong."

"Yongguk!" I stand up to hug him. I'm so happy to see him until I remember the where we are. "Where are we?"

"We're inside your dream."

"W-why? How?"

"I can't leave without saying goodbye to my favorite maknae." Yongguk says before he ruffles my hair. No.

"W-what do you mean you're leaving? W-where are you going?"

"I know that Himchan told you what happened Junhong" Please tell me it didn't happen.

I start crying again. "Yongguk. Please tell me that you didn't die?"

A few moments pass before he says anything. "Junhong, you know that I don't like to lie."

"But you can't die Yongguk. How will we get through the lawsuit with TS without you? H-how will I-we go on without you?" I start crying as he walks up to me.

"Junhong." He says while hugging me. "Over the past few years I watched you grow up and become an adult. I'm sure that everyone will be fine, including you." He lets go of me before he says, "Everything's gonna be alright." Then he starts to walk out of the coffee shop.

"Wait! Yongguk! Please don't go!" Please don't leave me. I try to chase after him, but when I leave the coffee shop I wake up.


I grab my chest as soon as soon as I wake up. My heart is racing, my eyes sting and my cheeks feel wet. I touch my pillows. They're wet too. Then I remember my dream. "Yongguk" I call out to the empty room. What did the dream mean? I start to ask myself. But my phone rings before I process what happened in the dream. I see that the person calling me is Himchan. Then I remember what Yongguk said. As much as I don't want it to be true, I can't deny it. "Yongguk's dead." I finally say. Then I pick up the phone. 

"J-junhong. They just told me, Yongguk is, Y-Yongguk is-"

"Dead. I know Himchan." My eyes start to sting again.

"It was so sudden." One tear drop falls down my face.

"I know Himchan."

"We didn't even get a chance to say goodbye." And the rest of the tears follow.

"Himchan. Everything's gonna be alright. Okay?"

"O-kay Junhong." He hangs up, which makes my phone's lock screen appear. It's a picture of me and Yongguk. 

"Everything's gonna be alright." I say to myself as I get up to clean my face. Everything's gonna be alright.