One Rainy Day.

I'm Your Man

“Meet me at the café – Kyu”

 

Kim SooJin gleefully thrown her LG Lollipop on and rushed towards her wardrobe and took out pinkish-floral-summer dress. She put the dress on as quickly as she can and then she stood in front of the massive mirror hanged steadily on the wall next to the door. She also puts on her pink lip gloss before carving a smile on her face. After grabbing her phone and her bag, she left her apartment.

It took her 10 minutes to reach the café and as she stepped in, she found that KyuHyun was already waiting for her on the seat next to glass window at the very end of the room.

“Mianhae oppa~” she apologized.

“It’s okay since you’re always like this” KyuHyun response to her apology without looking at SooJin’s face nor smile.

“Oppa, gwaenchanayo?” SooJin asked.

“Ani…”

“Wae?”

“I don’t think it’s working out”

“Wh-what?”

“I’m sorry SooJin…” KyuHyun stood and left the table.

SooJin was dumbstruck and it took her a few seconds to catch up with KyuHyun who was half way out the door.

“Oppa! Jakkamanyo!” SooJin cried as she chased after KyuHyun.

“KyuHyun oppa!” she manages to grab hold onto KyuHyun’s arm, just outside of the café. Seems like it’s going to rain but none of them actually care what the weather is like outside.

“Oppa, why are you doing this to me? Are you seeing someone else?” SooJin asked with tears starting to drip down on her cheeks.

“Is that all you can think of? Me seeing someone else?? I’m sick of you! I’m sick of your childish act! Every time we went out, you’ll humiliate me in the public!” KyuHyun shouted, ignoring the other people passing by with their umbrellas on as it is already raining. SooJin stood still with her face down, sobbing hard.

KyuHyun stared at SooJin quietly with wrinkles on his forehead before he began to speak.

“Between you and me, Kim SooJin, is over” KyuHyun hissed.

“Andwae! Jeoldae andwae!” she cries as she tugged on KyuHyun’s arm. Her face was soaked with both tears and raindrops.

“Let… me… GO!” he gritted while pulling off SooJin’s grip on his wrist. SooJin ended up slump down on her knees on the wet grainy pavement which gave her knee quite a big cut due to the impact. 

 

---

 

“Yah~ Kim SooJin~ why wouldn’t you pick up the bloody phone?” ChanSung muttered under his breath with his mobile phone stuck on his left ear.

“Aish this girl…” he moaned after it leads his to her voice mail.

“Yah! ChanSung-ah!” WooYoung called him from behind as he was about to wait outside for SooJin.

“Neh hyung?”

“Where’s your friend? Is she coming? The movie is about to start you know!” WooYoung reminding ChanSung as the movie was about to start in another 10 minutes time.

“Err… she’s on her way. Why don’t you wait inside, I’ll catch you later, hyung” ChanSung suggested before he ran outside, looking for SooJin.

“Aish… It’s raining and I don’t even have an umbrella with me” ChanSung moaned to himself.

ChanSung secretly likes SooJin, his best friend but never had a chance to confess ever since SooJin went out with their senior, Cho KyuHyun last year. Even know, he’s still hoping that one day, he’ll get a chance to confess no matter what.

His eyes are lingering around, looking for his best friend but not a trace can be found. The pedestrians called him babo for waiting in the rain but he ignored all that.

“KyuHyun sunbae!” ChanSung was surprised to run into SooJin’s boyfriend. “Have you seen SooJin?” he asked.

“No and never ever mention that name again to me!” KyuHyun warned before he walked away from ChanSung, leaving him all confused.

He then sensed something must’ve gone wrong so he decided to look for SooJin and ditch WooYoung who’s already waited for ChanSung at the cinema with two large bucketful of popcorn.

“Pick it up please!” He tried to call her again for the tenth time today. When the call goes into the voice mail, something crossed into ChanSung’s mind. Maybe SooJin is at the café, her favourite café.

When he finally reaches at the café, his heart sank to see SooJin was crying her eyes out in the pouring rain but at the same time, he felt sort of angry at her for ditching him for KyuHyun even though she had already promised.

ChanSung moved closer to SooJin, so close that SooJin realized that there is someone approaching her so she slowly tilted her head upward and found ChanSung next to her. She began to sob harder.

ChanSung squatted down next to her to hushed her down. “Uljimayo…” he had her in his embrace.

“SooJin-ah, lets go home and clean up huh? You’re soaking wet…” ChanSung told her.