The day we meet again...

Until Forever

Everyone stay silent when I arrived. Tears dropped at their eyes. Someone helped me out from my car. I take a deep breath when my foot stepped on the floor.

“Soo Jungie..” Victoria, Luna and Sully, my best friends. They approached me and hug me softly. I hug them back, I missed them.

"Soo Jung.." I know that voice so much, my sister. It's been a long time, after i decided to leave alone. Yuri eonnie standing beside her. They still looks so sweet together even their hair turn white and they had wrinkle in their eyes, they still love each other much.

"Eonnie" I bowed to them. My sister's eyes full of tears too. I know, this is not expected. She called me to come, at the end I know she'll call me at least. I come in and her family welcoming me and take me to a room. Her room, I never forget this place. We had many times here, our first kisses, first hug, and when I give her my all, make me hers. I love her so much. Now I see her on the bed, so lifeless. She still looks so handsome and beautiful even she already had a wrinkle and white hair. Her eyes closed but I know she's not sleep yet.

"Amber, I'm here." I sit beside her bed, struggling a little because my feet can't stand good now. She opened her eyes and seeing me. She smiled. The smile, that I miss for years.

"Soo Jung..." She tried to wake up but she can't. Her family contacted me yesterday, say that she get really sick, she had a problem with her lungs and lever, it complication and she always called my name. She got into hospital before but she doesn't want to stay or die there. She said she wanted to go home and just get a medical at home. Why they’re not called me a month ago or three month ago so I can be with her for a long time than this? I try my best not to cry in front of her.

"Amber.... how do you feel now?" I caressed her head.

"Hmmm,,, good because you were here now" she grab my hand and make them stay on her cheek. I stared at her.

"Am... why you look so handsome with your white hair?" I winked.

"I always handsome, princess" she smiled. Gezz, she's right, she never changed, always confidence about her self.

"You look beautiful as always, princess, even your wrinkle is really worse"

"Damn you, stupid" We laughed bitterly. She coughed.

"Yes I am because I leave someone like you" her tears falling down. Her black eyes look at me so deeply. It's been 45 years.

"You never leave me, Am. You still alive in my heart, don't cry, please?”

“You always there and stood, waiting for me, but I just make you disappointed, princess” She cried so hard.

“Am, I can understand, for you I can do anything, even you married with another, but I believe everything you said to me.” I kissed her forehead and wiped her tears.

Well, I don’t even dream this, we already so old, I am 70 years old and she is 72 and I still love her. A lot. She married with another woman, she said she loved her but my name was the one she called. I’m feeling sorry for her wife.

“You still single until now?” she suddenly asked. I smiled.

“Yes I am, Am”

“Why you never try to get someone else?” I slapped her head but you know when you get old, your energy is not that much anymore so the slap just slowly and not hurt.

“Stupid, your stupid question, you always asked me every time we meet.”

“We never meet again for 45 years, Soo Jung”

“My heart still the same for you, Am. I never want somebody else. I better alone if I cannot be with you”

“Still Soo Jung that I know” She smiled and cares my cheek. Her eyes went so heavy. I know maybe this is the time. God, can I go with her? Can you stop my breath?

“I wanted to hug you, Soo Jung, can I? I really sleepy, I’m so tired.”

I nodded and slowly get beside her on the bed. I hug her and make her head on my chest. I patted her head.

“Soo Jung a.. I love you so much, I’m sorry, I’m really sorry” She hugged me back so tight.

“Am, I love you too, much and more, until now. I’ll never leave you. Never.” We cried together.

*

“It’s been three hours, should I check them?” Victoria tried to stand with her wand. Jessica grabbed her and shook her head.

“This is what Soo Jung waited for. Please let them stay for a while?” Jessica cough, try to not cry. Yuri cares her back.

Sully and Luna just sighed. They look at the room, the door still closed and that’s no sound. Amber’s family looks so terrible, Amber’s wife can’t stop to cry.

“I can’t wait longer, Jessica, I just want to open the door” Victoria go there and open the door. Jessica see her body slowly down.

“VICTORIA!!” Sully and Luna approach her and help her to stand again but they feel so shocked of what they seeing now.

Everybody got curious and look in to the room. They froze. Amber’s wife suddenly cried so hard. Amber’s Mom, Dad and sister try to calm her. Jessica hug Yuri so tight, they were cried too.

There’s Amber and Soo Jung who hugged each other with tears and smile on their face.

 

Amber Josephine Liu 1992-2064

Jung Soo Jung 1994-2064

 

I’ll never leave you, Am, never….

I love you so much, Soo Jung…

even death can't separate us again..