Your Only Ace of Cakes (Part 2) [Final]

[Special SHINee Scenario] SHINee's 7th Anniversary!

Pushing the cart quickly, the three idols scan the area searching for the eggs. Recognizing the egg cartons, Kai runs up to the pile of cartons and takes two. “Two cartons are good enough, right?” He asks Taemin. “Two is fine.” Taemin sets them down in the cart then rushes towards the counter pulling money out of his wallet. Back at home once again, the three boys go through the process of making a cake carefully reading the instructions. “Don’t forget the sugar or vanilla extract this time!” Ravi calls out to Taemin across the room. “I didn’t! I just put both of those into the mix.” He quickly responds. Kai laughs at Taemin as he mixes another batch of ingredients until he recives a glare and a playful punch on the shoulder. “Shut up.” Taemin told him then walked away to pour his batter into a pan.

 

Upstairs, Taemin was gathering more video games while Ravi and Kai were playing the video games downstairs to kill time. “Let’s play against each other one more time before Taemin gets here.” “You’re just going to lose again Kai.” Ravi snickered to himself. “No I’m not!” He replied in complaint. “Fine, fine. One more fight .” At the top of the stairs Taemin swings his leg over the hand rail and holds on tightly sliding down instead of walking. Reaching the bottom, Taemin jumps off and jumps on to the couch watching the match between his friends. “Ha! I beat you! Who’s the loser now!?” Kai rubbed it in Ravi’s face and celebrated with Taemin. “Whatever, I still won the other two matches..” Ravi mumbled. Ravi sets down the console controller as Taemin grabs it to set up a new match. As they begin to choose their characters and location for the match, Ravi suddenly smells something odd in the air and grimaces. “Ugh, what’s that sme-” Widening his eyes with a loud gasp Ravi dashes over to the oven yelling out “The cake!! We forgot about the cakes!!!”

 

Dropping the controllers, Taemin and Kai sprint into the kitchen watching Ravi open up the oven as black smoke leaks out. Taemin runs to open up all the windows as Kai fans the smoky air coughing. Setting down the burnt cakes a loud beeping sound goes off startling the young men. “I can’t believe this.” Taemin plops down on a chair miserably. Kai looks at the burnt cakes plugging his nose. “Oh, the smell is just..” He moves away and watches Ravi throwout one cake at a time unhappily. The three of them are in silence as the stench slowly clears. “We’re gonna have to make it again. No matter what.” Kai tells his friends. “I don’t think we have enough time.” Taemin adds. “Well we can’t just sit here and wait for your members to come. Let’s just try and make another. And atleast there was no fire involved, right?” Ravi tells them trying to brighten up the mood. 

 

This time they were prepared one hundred and ten percent. Mixing the ingredients together as Kai cleaned the oven once it was cooled down, Taemin glanced at the clock once in a while hoping time would go slower. Ravi was in charge of the time since Taemin or Kai weren’t that comfortable with it due to the earlier incident. Sliding in one pan of batter into the oven, Taemin closes it up and pulls up a chair waiting at the counter with Ravi. Sitting on the couch Kai looks over and notices how big of a mess the kitchen is. Flour and a small puddle of batter was dropped on the floor along with measuring cups, bowls, and wrappers laid out messily on the table. “I think we should clean the kitchen, don’t you think?” Kai suggested. “Later.” Taemin answered with a yawn. The timer finally went off on Ravi’s phone causing Taemin to jump. Taking out the third cake of the day, the boys huddle around it with smiles. “It’s finished, finally!” Taemin exclaims joyfully opening up the frosting. “Not yet!” Kai closes the small container. “Let it cool off before we frost it.” Taemin nods understanding and waits on the stairs. 

 

Finishing the final touches on the cake the young men move away from the cake to get a better look at it. “Yah, it looks really good!” Kai complimented as he took a picture with his phone. “It doesn’t lookprofessionally done but it still turned out very nicely.” Ravi added. Glaring but also flattered by his comment, Taemin took a picture of the cake as well with a smile. He was very proud of himself, plus another accomplishment he can add on to his list. Checking the time on his phone Taemin notifies his friends that s will be returning in twenty minutes or so. “Well we’re gonna leave now since shinee sunbaenims are coming soon.” Kai tells Taemin and waves goodbye. Following Kai to the door, Ravi says his goodbyes but pauses in place. “Oh yeah, don’t forget to get out the candles.” Taemin’s face freezes up. “C-Candles?” Ravi’s shoulders slump down and hangs his head. “Please tell us you bought candles.” Taemin shakes his head. “Yah, how could you not buy candles!? It’s a cake!” Kai face palms with a deep sigh. “Yah you should know me by now. I’m very forgetful of things. Plus I lose things quickly as well!” Taemin reminds them raising his voice in panic. 

 

Pulling out a drawer Taemin sets it down on the table and looks through hoping to find extra candles. Ravi and Kai search other drawers by the counter or around the kitchen but find nothing. After looking in the first drawer, Taemin grabs another and puts it on the table again rummaging through it, however, he moved it too close to the cake causing the drawer to knock it off the table. “Andwae!” He yells as the other two look over seeing the cake fall to the floor. Letting out a string of curse words, Taemin picks up all the chunks of cake and groans. “Why!? Why is this happening to me!?” He looks up complaining to the ceiling. “We’re screwed.” Kai stares at the messed up cake sadly. Taemin’s phone suddenly rings and answers it. “Yeoboseyo? Oh, okay then.. see you in a bit.” He hangs up and carelessly tosses his phone on to the table. “Yah, what did they say? Was it shinee sunbaenim?” Kai asked him quietly. “There a few blocks away from here. Just forget it guys.” Ravi felt really bad for Taemin. He sighed and rubbed his face thinking what they should do next. “Taeminah, let’s just buy a cake. I know you wanted to make one yourself but that’s not gonna happen sadly. So let’s just buy one.” Taemin sighed lightly and agreed.

 

Running to the nearest pastry shop, Ravi spots the place first and dashes in asking about the cakes they have. Once Taemin chose a cake, the employee brought it over with tubes of colored frosting and candles. “What would you like me to write on the cake sir?” “Is it okay if I write it? It’s my team’s anniversary and I thought it would be nice if I could write out something on it.” He asked kindly. “That’s fine.” The employee handed Taemin a tube of frosting and went back to check other orders. Kai and Ravi watched Taemin write on the cake and told them to help decorate a bit. Calling the employee back over, they watched the man box up the cake neatly as Taemin took out his wallet one last time.

 

Back inside the dorm, the cake was on the counter while the boys cleaned up the kitchen quickly. “See, we still had enough time to get a cake.” Ravi told Taemin with a smile. “Thanks.” He replied. “So this time you for sure won’t forget the candles?” Taemin gasps feeling around his pockets scaring the two idols. “You better not have left the c-” “Just kidding they’re on the counter next to the cake. I was just messing with you guys.” Kai and Ravi glared shaking their heads at him. “Don’t do that! That’s not funny.” Kai pushed him out of the way to get back at him. “Well I thought it was funny.” Taemin responded with a laugh. “Well, I’m gonna go now. I need to go practice and prepare for concerts.” Ravi stretched out his arms. “Same, I need to prepare for our comeback.” Kai grabbed his jacket heading towards the door. After exchanging goodbyes again Kai reached for the door knob until it suddenly jiggled. The door bell rang causing the idols to move away from the door. “What do we do? We can’t let them see us!” Kai whispered harshly at Taemin. “Yah! Taeminah! We know you’re home so hurry up and open the door! It’s cold out here!” Key yelled from the other side. Tamin turned to Kai and said “I know, here, follow me. I’ll take you to the back door. Just unlock the gate on the side and wait ‘til they’re inside.” He then yelled out to Key “Okay! Just, hold on a second!” 

 

The duo follow Taemin to the back door and exit the dorm. Walking very cautiously to the front of the house, Kai pulls Ravi backwards noticing Key and Onew looking their way. Hearing Taemin open up the door, they watch the members enter the house as the door shuts. “That’s our signal to leave.” Kai whispers to Ravi. Running out to the sidewalk, the boys walk to a bus stop chatting away.

 

Taemin grabs the box of cake and hides it on the left side of the couch out of ’s view. Opening the door, he greets them with a fake smile. “Yah, what took so long?” Key asked him with his teeth chattering. “Nothing I was just cleaning up a bit.” Key gives him a suspicious look but goes along with it in the end. Taemin watches Key and Onew go upstairs while Minho and Jonghyun sit on the couch. Speed walking to the couch, Taemin sits on the left side of it and asks them what they did today. “You already know what we did. We told you this morning.” Minho responded as he gave Taemin a strange look switching on the t.v. “What did you do today?” Jonghyun questioned the maknae. “Me?” Taemin pointed at himself. “Oh, I-I just, I just slept.” He plainly answered. Jonghyun nodded and stood up heading to the kitchen. Taemin looked over in relief until he noticed the candles by the sink. Jumping off the couch he ran into the kitchen and pushed Jonghyun out of the way pretening to get a glass of water. “Yah! What is with you?” He lightly scoffed at Taemin’s actions. “I’m just thirsty. Yeah, I’m really thirsty.” Taemin chugged down the water as he stuffed the candles into his back pocket. “Stop acting like this.. it’s… strange.” Sitting back down on the couch, he watches Jonghyun head up stairs while Minho turned off the t.v to go find Key. Now all alone Taemin reached down for the cake and scurried into the kitchen to prepare the final touches.

 

The candles were lit and all the lights downstairs were turned off. Taemin grabbed the cake and stood by the table. “Yah! Kibum hyung! Minho hyung! Jonghyun hyung! Jinki hyung! Come downstairs now! Hurry!” He shouted as he waitied excitedly. Hearing their footsteps gradually get louder made his heart rate increase by the second. Taemin anxiously waited as they made their way down the stairs. “Yah, why is it so dark?” Key asked in irritation. A thud came from the top of the stairs causing Key to be frightened. “Yah Onew hyung! Be careful!” Minho called out in the dark. Jonghyun his phone’s flashlight and said “Yah Taeminah, you better not scare us!” Giggling at s he watched them enter the kitchen in surprise. “What is this? Did you do this for us?” Onew titled his head staring at the cake. “Yah look at this! Our Taeminnie is growing up.” Jonghyun expressed. “It tastes good too! Did you make this?” Minho stuck his finger on the side of the cake eating the frosting some more. Key the lights and read the words on the cake out loud. “It’s Our 7th Anniversary! Shyainee Hwaiting!” Key mentally sighed. He wanted to ask after all these years how can Taemin misspell shinee? But it was the thought that counts. He didn’t want to bring down after making a cake for them. Taemin told the members to blow out the candles together as he counted down. At three, the five of them blew out the candles and began to eat the cake. 

 

“Thank you Taeminah.” Minho pat ’s shoulder with a smile. Jonghyun hugged the maknae and patted his head. “So how did you make this cake, hm?” Onew grabbed a fork and took a chunk off stuffing it into his mouth. Taemin put down the cake down and said “You might wanna sit down for this one.” “Great. What did you do now?” Key shook his head waiting to hear what Taemin caused. “You see, it’s.. a really, really long story.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know this was supposed to be 2 chapters long but I just kept writing and I finally decided to put part 2 & 3 together. Since I don't want to torture you all with a waiting game haha but yeah!! I really love how this turned out :D I was expecting less actually. What are your thoughts? Did you like how it ended? Did some of you kept getting upset at all the mess ups??? Because I did .-. As I was writing I was like "Ah, why did this have to happen..? forgive me Taemin." OTL hahahaha but in the end it all went well! And thank you so much for reading!!! I know people don't comment as much but knowing fans read this makes me very happy! Just thank you!!! /hugs/ (Quick Note) Later this week I will post an update on here and other one shots about special projects i'm doing for groups. I already told you what it is in the first chapter so I guess some of you know. BUT If not, I will be making a special one shot/story/scenario for SHINee (and others) It'll be a Interactive Story. I can't explain it all to you right now but in all it's like a quiz or game. Thank you for reading this if you did! I'll see you sometime this week! /waves/