Your Only Ace of Cakes (Part 1)

[Special SHINee Scenario] SHINee's 7th Anniversary!

Laying down on the couch Taemin hears the members discuss about what they will be doing for the day. Peeking over the top of the couch, Taemin eyes his hyungs carefully until they leave the dorm. As soon as the door shuts, Taemin jumps off the couch and dials his friend’s number. “Hey, you can come over now. Do you have the list? Okay, good.” Taemin tells his friend then hangs up. Running up stairs he gets dressed quickly and waits downstairs for his friend to arrive. Hearing a knock on the door, Taemin scurries over and opens it greeting his friend. “Annyeong.” He casually says. “Yah, Taeminah, are you sure you want me to help you with this?” Closing the door, Taemin looks over at Ravi and nods. “Ofcourse! I don’t want anyone that is very close with my members. And it’ll be more fun with a good friend.” He explained putting on his coat. “Let’s go to the market quickly before we waste more time.” Taemin snatched the keys off the wall next to the door as they exit the place.

 

Browsing through the aisles, Ravi takes out the list from his back pocket and searches for vanilla extract. After finding the vanilla extract along with baking powder, Taemin comes back with a shopping cart. “So far we have vanilla exract and baking powder. And you told me you guys have baking soda, eggs, butter, salt, and sugar.” “Right.” Taemin replied. “Okay, but we still need all purpose flour and cream.” Ravi reminded him. After going through a few more aisles, the duo finally found the last two items on the list. Checking the time on his phone, Taemin smiled knowing they still had plenty of time to make the cake. “So what kind of frosting should we get?” Ravi asked Taemin as he scanned the flavors. Taemin thought about it then grabbed two choices. “Maybe chocolate or strawberry? No! vanilla. No wait, maybe I should stick to chocolate. I don’t know. Wait! how ab-” “Yah, you said we don’t have a lot of time!” Ravi held back a laugh waiting for him to decide. Taemin laughed silently and finally went with chocolate. “Mian, I just like all the flavors here.” He laughed a bit more walking over to the line to pay.

 

Returning to the dorm, Taemin and Ravi  begin to take out bowls, pans, and measuring cups. Opening the fridge, Taemin reaches in to grab the butter and carton of eggs and opens it finding only four eggs left. “Well, better than none.” He says to himself positively and preheats the oven to 350 fahrenheit while Ravi mixed the flour, baking powder and salt in a huge bowl. Once they completed making two batches of batter, Taemin and Ravi pour one mixture into a large pan then pour the other into another pan. Transfering them into the oven, Taemin sighs staring at the batter as it bakes slowly. “How long do we have to wait?” Ravi scrolls through his phone then looks up and the clock. “About thirty to forty minutes.” Taemin gave him a nod as he plopped on the couch looking through his photos.

 

Both boys were knocked out on opposite ends of the couch until a vibration went off in Ravi’s jacket pocket. Looking at his phone, he jumped up heading to the kitchen causing Taemin to wake up startled. Forgetting to use a towel or oven mittens, Ravi winced at the pain in his palms. “Ah! That burns!” He shook his hands looking for a towel. Once he found the towel, Ravi opened the oven and pulled out the pans. Sticking a toothpick into both cakes, he examined it carefully letting Taemin know the cakes were done. After the cakes were finished cooling off, Taemin cut out a piece to try for himself. “Good thing we made two, huh?” He smiled stuffing the whole thing in his mouth. “How is it?” Ravi asked Taemin while cutting a piece for himself. Taemin made a face while watching Ravi eat a piece of the cake. It didn’t taste like a cake at all. Ravi also made a disgusted face looking for a napkin. “What the heck?! That was disgusting.” Taemin stated chugging down water handing Ravi a glass as well. “How can it taste like that?! We put in all the ingredients correctly.” Ravi unlocked his phone and checked the list. “Did you put in the eggs?” Ravi asked him. Taemin nodded. “The butter?” “Yes.” “What about the sugar?” Taemin nodded again. “The vanilla extract?” Ravi questioned. Taemin suddenly went silent. “You forgot the vanilla exract didn’t you.” Taemin looked to the side and nodded slowly. “I also forgot about the sugar.” Sighing deeply Ravi was about to suggest something until they suddenly heard the door bell ring. Now in panic mode, Taemin nervously walks up to the door and looks through the peephole. Opening the door, Ravi was shocked by his actions and ran over to Taemin trying to stop him. “Yah! What are you do-” Seeing Kai walk in the dorm, he greets his friend in relief. 

 

“Yah, I thought you weren’t gonna show up.” Taemin welcomed Kai in showing him to the kitchen. “I wasn’t actually, but I made time.” He replied taking a piece of the cake. Once the pastry made contact with Kai’s tastebuds, he spitted out the piece of cake into his hand with a nauseated groan. “What did you do to this cake!?” He grabbed a water bottle and gulped it down. “Is this why you called me?” Taemin smiled almost in embarrassment. “Well yeah, since you might know more about cooking because of Kyungsoo, right?” “I don’t really know alot about cooking but from seeing Kyungsoo.. yeah, I guess I do.” Grabbing the keys again Taemin opened the front door and said “We’re gonna have to make another trip to the market since there’s no more eggs.” Ravi and Kai both sighed at the same time following Taemin out of the dorm.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How do you like it so far? ^^ Because I know not much is going on and most of the members aren't present but don't worry it gets good!! haha Anyways, did any of you think the two idols would of been those two!?!? If you did well... dang it.. lol you're good .-. AND OMG the title pffft I really like it hahahaha such a good idea huh?