Chapter: 8

TO.GET.HER

Minah opened her locker during lunch to get her book for fifth period, Algebra 2. As she opened her locker she found a pink bunny keychain.

 

“So cute.” She turned the key chain around and her name was sewn blue onto the back of it.

 

She looked around to see if the person who stuck it into her locker was around, but no one was. She couldn’t help staring at it.

 

Xiumin stood behind the end of the lockers twenty-five feet from where Minah was standing. He smiled cutely as she kept staring at it. She grabbed her book and closed her locker. He backed up quickly, so she wouldn’t see him. He held his hand and looked at his blue bunny key chain with his name sewn pink to the back of it that was the other half to Minah’s pink bunny keychain. He smiled and saw D.O walking.

 

“D.O!” Xiumin walked to him.

 

“Yeah?” D.O responded.

 

“Can you hold on to my keychain. I have to go to my swimming class right now. I’m gonna be late in three minutes.” He handed his keychain to D.O.

 

“But fifth period starts in forty minutes.”

 

“Swim team meeting. I’ll see you later.” Xiumin ran to the swimming pool.

 

D.O walked to his table where him and his squad sat. He walked and sat next to Kai.

 

Minah sat on the table in the middle of Kai and Dk’s squad. Dk’s squad sat on the left and Kai’s on the right of Minah’s table.

 

“Do you guys know who put this keychain in my locker?” Minah showed Hyunae, Areum, and Sora the keychain.

 

Lay walked over to the girl’s tables and kissed Minah on the cheek.

 

“That’s a cute keychain.” Lay said as he fed Minah her cafeteria food.

 

“Someone stuck it into my locker earlier.” Minah looked at Lay.

 

“Maybe someone is crushing on you.”

 

“That’s cute.” Hyunae ate her lunch.

 

Minah saw D.O holding Xiumin’s keychain and walked over there.

 

“D.O.” Minah called him.

 

He turned.

 

“That blue bunny looks just like mine. Did you put it into my locker?”

 

D.O was confused. “Uh… What do you mean?”

 

“D.O wouldn’t even like you.” Baekhyun interrupted.

 

“Yeah. Why would he give you a keychain for anyways? It’s not like you’re that important.” Chen talked with his mouth full using his chopsticks to point at her and D.O.

 

Minah looked down at the keychain and she couldn’t look up because she felt embarrassed.

 

Hyunae stood up and walked angrily to Minah. “Chen shut the hell up. She was just curious. If it wasn’t or was D.O who put it in her locker can you at least talk nicer. You and Baekhyun always have some bull to say to everyone. Go join Jessi’s squad.”

 

“Says the one who cheated on Kai.” Baekhyun blurted out.

 

Kai looked at him not expecting Baekhyun to say that.

 

“I what?” Hyunae looked hard at Baekhyun then Kai.

 

“Kai said you cheated on him before you left to Paris.”

 

Kai took his backpack and left he couldn’t listen to what Hyunae would have said next. Hyunae followed after him.   

 

Everyone looked at them including DK’s squad. After DK saw Hyunae follow Kai he ran after Hyunae.

 

“I gave Minah the bunny chain.” D.O said to stop Minah from being sad.

 

She looked up with big eyes not expecting him to say that. Baekhyun and Chen sat back down feeling dumb from what D.O admitted.

 

“Kai!” Hyunae called his name as he kept walking. “Kai. Stop right there.”

 

He stopped.

 

Dk walked trying to look for them. He looked to his right and saw Kai and Hyunae. He walked back so he they couldn’t see him and listened to what they were saying.

 

She walked in front of Kai. “Want to explain what Baekhyun just said back there?”

 

“What’s there to still talk about Hyunae? What’s done is done. The past is the past.” Kai stared into her eyes.

 

“Why did you lie about me cheating on you?”

 

“Even if you didn’t it wouldn’t change the fact that you ing shattered my heart.” Kai roughly put his hands on her shoulders and slightly shook her.

 

“I didn’t mean to-” Kai pushed her onto the ground not wanting to hear a thing from her. He walked away with teary eyes.

 

DK walked towards Hyunae and Kai bumped into him making him stop to look at Kai. DK walked towards Hyunae and bent down. She looked up with with teary eyes as he pull her on her feet. He pulled her to his chest as she cried.

 

She pushed herself away from his chest. “Did you hear everything?”

 

“Yes I did. Now keep crying if you want. If crying on someone’s shoulder makes it better. Cry on me.” He smiled and rubbed her nose.

 

“We can talk about it later.” He pushed her back on his chest.


“Thanks.” She sniffed and shed more tears.