Where it all began

My One Sided Love, Byun Baekhyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I recomend listening to EXO's My Answer and Baekhyun's Beautiful

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Have you ever seen someone you love someone else?  It’s called a one sided love.  That’s happening to me for a long time now.  It pains me to see him in pain while our other two friends are together, because they are in love.  He loves my friend Jina and it pains him to see her with our friend Chanyeol.  While me, I’m just that supporting friend that stays on the sideline when the two boys are battling it out over her.  And now looking at this beautiful pond in front it me, it reminds me of the time all of us were playing together when we were little and I fell into the pond.  My love for you started when you saved me and took care of me.  It was a little feeling at that time, but when we went to high school, that’s when I finally realized I love you. 

The pain in my heart started when Baekhyun and Chanyeol were telling me how much they love Jina.  I was eating lunch by myself because Jina wanted to be with the popular kids because she was invited to it with them a few weeks ago.  Baekhyun and Chanyeol were nowhere to be seen, which was typical, so I was by myself again.  The both of them came up to me. 

“I love her!” Chanyeol shouted.  Anger could be seen in his eyes.

“No I do Chanyeol!  I will treat her better than you would!” Baekhyun yelled back. 

“Sera!” they both yelled in unison.  I put away the sandwich I was eating and looked up at them, both had flames in their eyes. 

“Yes,” I replied. 

“Which one of us would you think Jina would like better?” they asked. 

“I think she loves the both of you equally,” I answered,” Why?” 

“Because I am in love with her.  No I am!  Why can’t you see that?” They both yelled at each other and started bickering again.  I walked away and tears started forming in my eyes.  I thought I had a chance with you but every single time I wanted to confess, I would be shy and walk away. 

I could see why you and Chanyeol loved Jina.  She was smart like any average person, beautiful, popular, and really athletic.  I was none of those.  I was a smart nerd and was at the top of the class, was the team captain of the robotics, mathletes, and debate team, was the school’s ice princess, and was super ugly wearing my huge glasses.  I always hated wearing contacts and didn’t plan on wearing them. 

 

 

 

A few months later I was crying because you invited me to come to the mall to go shopping with you, Chanyeol, and JIna.  You promised me that we will act like we did when we were young, before all of this drama happened.  Me being gullible, I went with you.  We walked around shopping and an hour and you guys wanted me to buy ice cream for you three.  I walked into the parlor happy, because this was the first time I have ever been so carefree.  Two minutes later, I walked outside with the ice creams but you weren’t there.  I searched frantically all over the place to find you but…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

you guys ditched me.  I set the ices creams down next to me and started crying, my hands were in my face so I wouldn’t get humiliated in public.  I felt a hand touch my back and I turned around to see three little boys looking at me. 

“Noona why are you crying?” a little boy with really tanned skin asked. 

“Noona was left behind by her friends,” I replied with a smile while patting the boy’s head. 

“Noona it’th okay to cry.  I’ll be here for you,” another one said as he sat down to hug me. 

“Aigoo,” I stated,” Your too cute.”  I pinched his cheeks.  “Noona bought her friends ice creams but since they aren’t here, would you like them?”  They all nodded their heads and sat down next to me and their friend.  The boys eagerly ate their share.  One of them had it dripping down his chin. 

“There,” I said to him as I took out a napkin to wipe it. 

“Thank you noona,” he beamed. 

“So what’s your names?” I asked out of curiosity. 

“My name is Kai, I get all of the Noona’s hearts,” the tan boy said with a wink.  I chuckled and pinched his cheek. 

“Ah my heart has been taken by Kai,” I dramatically stated.  The boys laughed.

“My turn!” the boy that I just wiped the ice cream off stated.  “Hello, my name is Suho.  I am in charge of these two.”  He bowed. 

“You don’t have to be so formal to me Suho-“

“I insist Noona,” he replied.  I chuckled and ruffled his dark brown hair.  “But I guess I can do it for you Noona.”  He smiled at me and I smiled back. 

“And what’s your name little one?” I asked the boy that hugged me earlier. 

“I’m Thehun,” he said with a lisp. 

I had fun talking to the boys until it got late. 

“BOYS?”  Someone yelled.  We looked behind us and we saw a man waving at them.  I helped them up and walked over to the man with him. 

“Are you their father?” I asked. 

“Yes.  Thank you for watching over them while I was working.  It’s hard being a single father.  Here,” he stated while handing me cash,” it’s the least I can do since you watched over the boys.”  I handed back the cash to him and took out 100000 won and my phone number out of my wallet.  Thank you parents for being rich. 

“I don’t need the money as you can see,” I answered,” but since you are such a good father to these three lovely boys, I want to give you something so you don’t have to work so hard.”  I put the money and phone number in his hand.  “And if you need someone to babysit them, call me.  I won’t charge you a thing.  The man thanked me over and over again until he left with the three boys.  I waited to leave until they were out of my vision. 

I have to say, even though you ditched me to be with her.  I still want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to meet this lovely family. 

 

 

 

It was PE and I was having difficult time breathing because of my bad asthma.  I looked over at you, Chanyeol, and Jina.  You were trying to tell a joke to her and Chanyeol tried to steal her attention away from you.  I sighed and continued running laps.  I couldn’t go to you because you finished yours already.  It’s not that I’m not as athletic as everyone else.  In fact, I would have been the fastest in my class if I didn’t have asthma. 

I finished my laps and got my inhaler from my teacher. 

“Good job Ms. Kim!” my teacher named Tao stated,” I’m proud of you for improving each day.  We’ll beat the asthma.”  I nodded and started walking away to the far bleachers but collapsed and started wheezing uncontrollably. 

“Sera where’s your inhaler?” You ran up and asked me.  I weakly pointed to the location and you got it for me.  I then used it and you were helping me up until you dropped me and ran off.  I stood up and saw you rushing to help Jina when she tripped, even though she had Chanyeol there.  Tears were forming in my eyes.  You didn’t ask if I was okay like you always did.  I walked away to the farthest bleachers possible to cry. 

 

 

 

It was lunch again one day and I was eating by myself again.  I’ve began to wonder where you have been going and if you noticed of I’ve been missing.  We had a longer lunch because our next class was cancelled.  After finishing eating, I decided to go to the library to do two of my favorite things; listen to music and study. 

The halls were crowded, which was why I ate at the back of the school.  I walked by the lunch tables and something caught my eye.  You and Chanyeol were with her and, you looked like you were forgetting me already.  Tears were forming and I rushed to the music rooms.  I took out a piece of paper and began composing a song. 

My Answer, EXO

I may seem strong, I may be smiling
But there are many times when I’m alone
I may seem like I don’t have any worries
But I have a lot to say
The moment I first saw you, I was so attracted to you
I didn’t weigh out my thoughts and just talked

The answer is you
My answer is you
I showed you my everything
You are my everything, because I was so sure

I should’ve been more careful, I should’ve saved myself
So I wouldn’t get heart
I’ve never felt like this before, like my breath will stop
My head is filled with thoughts of you
Your face, the sound of your laughter

The answer is you (That is you)
My answer is you (Only you)
I showed you my everything
You are my everything, because I was so sure

I couldn’t say that I’ve waited for you
So I’m writing then erasing
Being curious about your day takes up all of my day

I’ll wait for you, you you you
Open your heart, you you
I can’t help my heart
You are my everything
It’ll be forever, my love

(Oh I’m nothing)
Don’t leave, just let me stay by your side
(Just let me stay by your side)
No matter how much I think about it (oh it’s you)
Because it’s you
It’s you
 

“It’s you,” I breathed out when I finished the song.  Until my next class started, I cried. 

 

 

 

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months.  I saw how the three of you changed.  Jina became more popular and snobbish.  Chanyeol became popular as well.  Baekhyun, you became more self-conscious on how you looked and you ignored the fact that I existed at school but you ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter