Chapter Two: Choi Min Guk

The Three Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two: Choi Min Guk

“Ahhh... Unnie! Jaebalyoo...” I begged my older sister using my best aegyo. She hated my aegyo the most because we both know (and proven) that I can do it better than her since the day I was born, actually, ever since I met her.

She glared at me before slamming the coffee table with a ten thousand won note as she got up from the sofa with her bag slung over one shoulder and stormed off to her bedroom. I smiled to myself. It has been a while since I had to use it. I grabbed the money then walked to the door. Putting on my slip-on shoes properly before heading out.

Since I did not have much patience for the lift, I went down the stairs, landing on every two to three steps. I sighed when my right shoe came off. I quickly stuff my right foot back. My thoughts were filled with all sorts of convenience store food. The nearest convenience store was located at the end of the street, about a two minutes walk from my block. That was the first place I visited in the neighbourhood since we moved here.

The night breeze was chilly but comforting. The streetlamps were working well as the road ahead of me was very visible. I looked around, singing to myself. Not a soul was in sight. The carpark was filled with vehicles, some with blinking blue lights. I smiled to myself as I walked past them. Once when I was way younger, I purposely disturbed all the blinking cars in my neighbourhood carpark in the middle of the night and hid in the bushes not far. All sort of sounds rang out from the vehicles. The cursing of residents as they yell from their windows and balcony. I found the reaction amusing until I was caught by one of the car owners.

The ten thousand won note was rolled up in my fist, in my pocket as I reached the blaring light vicinity of the convenience store. Being caught up in my thoughts of my childhood reminiscence, I did not realise pulling the glass door open a little too strongly out of habit. A teenager, probably around my age, stumbled in front of me. His right hand was gripping the metal handle of the glass door on the other side. His plastic bag of newly bought items and an bag dropped on to the cemented floor.

“Jo-joesonghabnida” He said softly as he bend down and gathered his things. Out of courtesy, I helped him. It was my fault anyway. I was glad he did not have any fragile items. I was hoping to spend the ten thousand won entirely on my food. He then started looking around, clearly looking for something.

“Was there anything else that dropped?” I asked him. I took a quick glance at him before scanning the area around us for anything that did not belong to the general public. He looked at me for a moment before looking down and shooked his head. He then walked away quickly. I shrugged off any impression I had on him before I could start coming up with theories about his behaviour. Judging people is not my norm. I watched him until he was out of sight. He kept glancing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter