01.

Mesmerized

- "Don't talk to me like this!"
- "I talk to you the way I want! You're not even my real mother!"
Oops. This escapes me. I know this sentence is gonna kill her from inside. I apologized but it's too late. I hurted her. She has tears in her eyes.
- "I rose you and loved you as my real daughter, as my flush and my blood. And even if you have doubts about it, you are still minor and I’m your guardian. The answer is still no. Subject close."
She left me here, trying to hide her tears.
I'm so mad at her to not let me go but I’m even madder at myself to hurt her like this. Even though I said that, I didn't meant it. I love her more than everything else and I will be nothing without her.
You may wander what I am talking about.
Well, let me tell you.
I'm a photographer. And my best-friend's father is a gallery owner. He got me an exposition in two weeks. Do you realize? A real exposition with only my photos and people only coming to see my work, and my vision of the world. This mean a lot to me and it's an amazing opportunity... But there is a "but". It will be during midterms. And mom don't want me to go because she said that photos won't feed me later on the contrary of graduating and have a real job. She doesn’t have a passion, she doesn’t understand. This mean so much to me but I know this is hopeless, she's so stubborn, when she said no to something, only a miracle can change her mind. And I hope Mr Choi will be this miracle.
I called him, hoping he could change mom's mind.
Right after,Changjo, his son called me.
- "Hey! Guess what!?"
- "What? Aliens are gonna destroy the school and let me do the exposition?"
- "Oh ... She said no? I'm sorry. But I have a news which can cheer you up!"
- "Tell me" I doubt it but I shouldn't be so negative.
- "I have a date! Tomorrow!"
- "..." How in the world this can cheer me up?
- "Hanna? You're here?"
- "Yeah sorry. I'm happy for you, really. Who is the lucky girl?" No lie. I'm really happy for him. He deserves a good girl.
- "Her name is Jennyfer, she is half-American. I met her at the coffee shop today."
- "Great, maybe she will stay more than a month this time" I chuckled. A lot of girls want to date a guy like him, because he is handsome. But he have is own personality, you need to accept him the way he is, and his previous girlfriends tried to change him into what they want. Seeing they couldn't, they broke up. Same old story. Once, he broke up because the girl didn't like me. I was too close to him for her. Anyway, longest record: 6 weeks.
- "Haha, funny. I'm dying of laugher over here."
- "Yeah, you know I’m the funniest girl ever."
- "Pfffffffff ok, this is the better joke you made so far."
- "Whatever. I have to go, call you later"
- "ok, bye"

Jennyfer, huh. I wander how she is.

I feel a bit better now. Talking to him is kind of magic, I'm not mad or sad anymore. He has the power of taking away all bad feelings you have inside you just by talking about everything and anything. Sometimes, just seeing him is enough. That's why he is my best friend, and that's why I care so much about him.

I went checking on mom. She is chatting with Mr Choi.
And the conversation don't sounds like he is gonna be my miracle.
Damn it.

- "Hanna, I’m sorry. I know this expo is really important to you, but midterms are important too. You can't fail, you know that? You already promise me that your grades will get better but there is still no improvement." Mom said after hanging out the phone.
- "So you take away my chance to put my name into the influent artists of the country. I get it."
- "Oh come on, we both know that this exposition is not that big! And if you proved me you can put as much passion into your studies as in your photos, then you may could go."
- "I'm trying! But math are not the loveliest things in this world and it's hard to focus on something you don't care AT ALL."
- "I know. But this is how life is. You can't always do the things you like Hanna."
- "I know, and I agree with you. I should focus better on school. And I will." I'm trying the mature discussion. I hope this could be my miracle.
- "I'm glad you realize it." She smiled. Please it has to work!
- "And maybe you could help me with my homework! And spend more time together by the same way."
- "I see you coming. Don't force yourself, no exposition for you until your grades get better." Argf. I hate her so much sometimes.
- "Just this time! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" Plan B, sad puppy style.
- "No." Wow, not even bit of hesitation.
- "You won't regret it, I swear!" Can someone send me a miracle, please!
- "I already heard that before. Still no."
I told you. Hopeless. Changjo used to call her Margaret. The Iron Lady.
I'm so desperate.
- "Ok, I gonna be in the top 5 for midterms and you will regret it!" What did I just say?! Silly me!
- "I dare you." She said it like if I have no chances. I have no choice, I need to save my dignity and be in the top 5.
But I will need the help of a smart-head. Changjo.