02.

Mesmerized

- "Be my miracle!" I yelled at Changjo, out of breath. He looked at me with round eyes, like if he just saw an alien.
- "Hmm, Jennyfer, this is Hanna, a friend. Hanna, this is Jennyfer, the awesome girl I’ve met at the coffee shop. Now can you leave please, I don't need a plus one. Thank you." Ouch. I forgot about the date. I'm sorry buddy, but time is running out and I need each seconds.
- "Hi! Nice to meet you" I said to Jennyfer with my best smile. "I'm really sorry for disturbing your date but I have to insist. I really need your help. Right now." I looked at Changjo.
- "Aish, it can't wait?" He fake a smile, trying to look great in front of his new future ex-girlfriend but I know he's insulting me inside.
- "No. I need a miracle. And like Minho oppa said : Miracle is another word for hard work." This quote takes all its meaning here.
Changjo looked at his date, searching for a sign telling him if he have to end this disturbing conversation. She smiled at him and nodded. Thank you Jen.
- "Ok, what?" He looked so upset. I tell him the silly thing I said to mom earlier and he laugh. What a jerk.
- "No offence but .. do you really think you can be in the top 5 for midterms? Two weeks before it starts? No, because it easier for you to be in the 'bottom 5'" and he laughed again. Why am I friend with him again ? I hit his head to stop him before he pee in his pants.
- "Seriously, I need help." I said with puppy eyes.
- "Maybe I can help you. My mom is a teacher so I'm pretty good in studies." Jennyfer said out of the blue. I almost forgot she was here.
- "Seriously?! Thank you so so so much!" I hugged her.
- "I'm helping too, then." Changjo said a bit jealous.
We quit the place and she brings us to her home. It was a cozy house. Not too big but not to small. The decoration was very pretty and everything was clean. I'm sure she has a housekeeper, her parents seems rich just by seeing the house and the beautiful garden with a little fountain in the middle.
We went to her room which was white and lavender. As expected, everything was clean and perfectly tidy. It looks like a personal hotel room.
I let Changjo talk to her all the way to her home. I ruin their date after all.
He made bad jokes but she laughs. Usually only kids (or me) laugh to his y jokes. Maybe she just doesn't want to be rude. They look happy together, it's cute.

- "Welcome to my room! You are the first friends I bring here." She blushed a little.
- "Why?" I asked. She is so kind and pretty, I'm sure she is very popular and have a lot of friends.
- "I'm new here in Korea. Before, I was in a Korean School in the USA, but systems are very different. I think I have to adapt myself to the life here before making friends. I'm always scared of saying something I shouldn't."
- "No way. True friends will like you the way you are, American or not." Changjo said. He is right, friendship have one and only rule : love your friend no matter what.
- "Agreed. And if people say that your not Korean enough to be their friend, then they are total es and it's their loss." I mean it. It's stupid to think like that.
Anyway, after this little episode, she showed us her books and we studied until the evening. We will go to her house everyday after school from now on. She is very smart and she has a real talent for teaching. I'm a lot more confident now.

**
Midterms are over. Honestly I don't know if I passed. I hope so. But I did a lot better than the previous tests, I’m 100% sure of it. Results are released tomorrow. Would I be in the top 5 thanks to Jenny and Changjo ?
Changjo will. He usually is 6th, so it will be easy for him to upgrade. But me?  I'm used to not appear on the list. Only the first 30th are on it. And I’m far from 30th. Jenny said that she will come with us to see the results. Changjo made her promise that if he is in the top 5 she has to be officially his girlfriend. Do I need to precise that she is more than glad of being his girlfriend? Of course not, it's obvious. You should see how they look at each over. Too much love in the air when they are together, it make me wanna puke.