Ritual

The Rarden Vellas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy peeked her head into the room. Her eyes roamed the entirety of the space before landing on a certain figure. Yes, this should be the right place.

She distinctly recalled how Irene had instructed her to trudge through the muddy path, squeeze through the spiky bushes and crawl her way through the 300 feet long pipes below the garden’s manhole before she stood, shaken and weak, facing a building that looked like a cross between a garage and a factory.

 The room was too big to be called a room. It was more like a space bounded by 4 walls, topped with a high ceiling. Its vacancy was revoked by a group of slim figured girls, Irene inclusive. She noticed how, even though the girls were all within a few meters radius from one another, they seemed to be preoccupied in totally different worlds. She pointed out how one grizzly looking figure had her eyes half closed, emitting an aura of peace and calmness. She reminded Wendy of a Buddha,

 A meditating Bear-Buddha.

She was about to approach them when, from her peripheral vision, she was met with a déjà vu. A certain awfully familiar vertically challenged girl strolled in with big steps brushing right past her, as if it could actually make up for her short legs. Wendy wondered as her roommate directed to the middle of the group. She watched how Irene and the bear-Buddha, whom she assumed are the dual leaders of the bunch, greeted her welcomingly. Wendy thought she saw a figure jumping in circles in a ritual-like manner not far away from the three girl, but dismissed it as part of her fatigue. She could hardly believe she was recommended to this bizarre land, it was even more of a shock her sassy little roommate sauntered right into this psychological abyss.

She was beginning to doubt her mental state when a slightly, seemingly, in Wendy’s opinion, comically deranged face was positioned anterior to her own. Her eyes were sunken, weighed with dark eye bags. She had heavy eyeliners applied around the rims of her eyes, in contrast to her pale, white skin.

“You look like a large intestine”, she muttered, still staring at Wendy.

 

If terror is defined by the loudness of her scream, Wendy was definitely horrified.

She fell back, her facial muscles still as stretchable as ever. But as she landed, her voice box gained the miraculous instinct to pitch 4 octaves rippling into the air.

Ah, so this was what the high ceiling was for, Wendy thought.

 

“Oh my god seung wan, are you okay?”

Wendy waited for her catastrophe accompanied with the birth name. Her tensed waiting was answered by a ripping sound, straight from the b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter