Tell Me More

Nevermore

1013 words


 

Kyungsoo wakes up with a crick in his neck, the sun long since set and moonlight streaming through the window. An uncomfortable heat on his leg makes him sit up, gaze focusing on Baekhyun, who sits on the edge of the couch with Kyungsoo's legs on his lap. His head is bowed, a hand resting on Kyungsoo's leg and his breaths slow and even.


Kyungsoo's eyes slowly adjust to the darkness as he glances around, trying to find a way to get up without waking up Baekhyun. He lifts the top half of his body up, hoping he could just swiftly pull out his legs from the other's lap. He shifts forward slightly, about to get up, when Baekhyun suddenly pulls him closer, curling his arm around both legs.


Kyungsoo sighs in defeat, his eyes mapping out Baekhyun's profile.


Kyungsoo's hand seems to move by itself, reaching up to run through Baekhyun's hair and rest briefly on the nape of his neck, retracing its steps and trailing down to Baekhyun's cheek. Kyungsoo can feel Baekhyun's breathing pick up, his eyelashes ghosting over his thumb as he starts to wake up. The arm around his legs tightens.


Baekhyun leans into Kyungsoo's palm, turning his head to press his lips against Kyungsoo's wrist. Warmth spreads through Kyungsoo and he pulls his hand away, a faint pink dusting over his face.


"Sorry," Baekhyun murmurs, releasing his grip on Kyungsoo and stretching a bit, "it's just that you usually wake me up like that. It's a habit, I'll try to stop it."


"Oh. What habits do I have?" Kyungsoo scoots closer to Baekhyun, his knees bent over Baekhyun's lap. He wraps his arms around his thighs, hugging them. Baekhyun hums, glancing at Kyungsoo.


"You have a habit of making food for four even if we aren't all here. We eat it all anyway do you won't feel bad. You sleep on the left side of the bed. You also seem to have a fascination with my hair and you mess with the sensitive part of my neck a lot. You're usually the first person to wake up, and then you wake me up, which is bad." Baekhyun faces Kyungsoo. "Stop doing that."


"Doing what?" Kyungsoo rests his head on his knees, looking up to Baekhyun.


"Stop making me want to kiss you."


Kyungsoo inhales sharply, lifting his head up.


"You just have this look," Baekhyun continues, his gaze darting around Kyungsoo's face, periodically landing on his lips, "whenever I'm rambling, like you want to be annoyed but you're not. And it's so unbelievably fond and it makes me want to smother you with affection."


"Are you always this direct?" Kyungsoo asks, a small laugh escaping.


"Yep." Baekhyun grins, his heart warming at the sight of Kyungsoo's smile. "I want to show you something."


Kyungsoo stands up, straightening his shirt, and takes Baekhyun's hand when he offers it. Baekhyun takes him through the door at the end of the hallway, leading to a secluded stairway. They take the steps up to the rooftop and Kyungsoo breathes in the crisp, fresh air as they exit the building. He glances around, the nighttime darkness restricting his vision. The stars above twinkle as Baekhyun pulls him to the bench set up near the edge of the building.


"Sehun loves being up here." Baekhyun takes in a deep breath, his eyes briefly closing. Their hands still clasp together tightly.


"I can see why," Kyungsoo says, looking up into the sky. The house is in a secluded area in the countryside, away from populous areas and pollution. The only electrical light seen is the lamp lit on their front porch and the lights of the house kilometers away. The moon and stars shine brightly, giving them a natural light. Kyungsoo has never felt more at peace than before.


Kyungsoo pulls away from Baekhyun to walk towards the railing surrounding the perimeter of the rooftop. He holds onto it as he leans over, gaze still on the stars and sky above. Baekhyun moves over to stand next to him, resting his forearms on the railing. A gust of wind blows by and Kyungsoo's grip on the railing tightens. He glances down and gasps.


The ground around the house is cracked, the garden out front seeping into the broken windows. The lamp casts an eerie light on the overgrown plants weaving its way past the wooden planks holding up the porch. The ground surrounding the house is raised, crumbling and uneven on the edges.


"Did I do that?" Kyungsoo asks softly, and Baekhyun looks down at the destruction.


"You're very powerful, Soo," Baekhyun replies, "and you've always had a definite control on your abilities. Now that you don't remember them, it's probably extremely hard to control."


"Can you help me with controlling my abilities?"


"I thought you'd never ask," Baekhyun says with a wink. He grins, biting his lip. "You know, you helped me with my abilities before. You helped me control it to the point where I could touch people without burning them and I could emit warmth without hurting someone.


"We um," Baekhyun laughs, his smile widening, "we bonded a lot during that time."


"Is that why I feel so comfortable with you?"


"That's part of the reason." Baekhyun smiles secretively and Kyungsoo doesn't push any further. They stare up to the sky above, eyes never staying on one particular star.


Baekhyun slides up to Kyungsoo, bumping his shoulder playfully. The younger glances over, the corner of his mouth tilting up. Kyungsoo rests his head on Baekhyun's shoulder, leaning his weight on the other. Baekhyun reaches up to wrap an arm around Kyungsoo's waist before changing his mind and moving his arm to Kyungsoo's shoulders.


A thump on the door catches their attention and Baekhyun's eyes widen. He grabs Kyungsoo's arm to pull him inside, Kyungsoo stumbling to keep up.


Baekhyun wrenches the door open. Junmyeon stands on the other side, his wings still spread, a limp body in his hands.


"Sehun..." Junmyeon trails off, staring down at the boy in his arms.

 


Not much this chapter but I promise the next chapter will have more ^^