fin.

Fallen Angel
Please log in to read the full chapter

The curl of her lips when she smiles. The eyes that drew crescents as she laughs, long slender fingers shielding her bow-shaped lips from the world. Her long silky hair that swayed along the wind and those same beautiful fingers that moved again to run along her raven mane.

 

Sehun had stopped short on his step once his eyes laid on that beautiful being. His hand shot up to hold his chest out of instinct. The beating in his chest quickened against his palm, doing summersaults against his will.  

 

“Earth to Sehun?” a snap of a finger over his eyes brought him back to reality, his breathing turning even in second. “Did you hear what I say, boss?” Jongin asked from beside him and Sehun turned sharply.

 

“What?” he snapped out of sheer embarrassment. And when Sehun looked back, every pair of eyes were set on him and amongst the crowd was that beautiful being. Their eyes met and Sehun’s face burned crimson red at that instant. He looked away in a snap.

 

They were outside their building, waiting for his car to arrive to fulfil his appetite. His façade had probably long flushed down the drain. His well-known cool and collected front crumbled for the first time in front of so many people. Not a good sign. Red blaring in his head and he suddenly felt like becoming one with the floor. Everyone were still looking at him, few murmurs could be heard. He lost all his appetite all of a sudden.

 

“This afternoon will be our monthly—“ Jongin continued on as if nothing happened but his words fell on deaf ears. When the man finally noticed the faraway look on Sehun’s face, he finally snapped. “Sehun!” His loud voice seemed to finally bring the other male back to reality.

 

“Oh?” he responded in surprise before smiling awkwardly. “Sorry I spaced out,” he apologized, and when Sehun’s eyes met that fallen angel again, there was a smile. It was faint but his eyes captured it perfectly. She looked somewhat amused. He could feel heat creeping up his neck slowly again. He swallowed and allowed his eyes to look away.

 

“Just say you don’t want to attend the boring meeting, boss,” Jongin grumbled, seemingly unaware of his employer’s inner conflict. He continued on grouchily, “Your honesty is very much appreciated.”

 

Sehun gave him a confused look. “I didn’t say anything about boring meeting—“

 

“Oh please, mister president,” snorts Jongin in retort.

 

Sehun almost groaned, rolling his eyes. “Yeah, just scream for the world to know.”

 

He had never enjoyed flaunting his title in the company. He had achieved the position all too easily – being the sole heir gave him such privilege. The posh life he was fed with all his life; never lacking in anything. Initially, he wasn’t the one to inherit the company but his sister. Unfortunately, the woman found medicine to be more of her style than being a businesswoman. His life would probably be the perfect definition of scripted reality TV show that he couldn’t help sometimes but to wonder what it would feel like to be a bird, to be free. Of course, people would know who he was. No matter how hard he tried to hide his identity, rumours around the offices unfortunately spread like wildfire. Young, attractive, fine man - the prince charming. Too bad, this was no fairy tale.

 

“What?” Jongin questioned. “It’s not like—“ as he turned, his eyes landed on a figure amongst the crowd and after a few beats, realization finally dawned on him. “Ah,” he finished. A devilish smirk slowly formed around his lips and Sehun felt a storm coming.


He felt his eye twitched. “What?” he grunted.

 

“Nothing,” his secretary shrugged with nonchalance, a faint smirk playing around his lips. “Nothing at all.”

 

And right at that moment his car arrived and Sehun never felt more grateful.

 

 

-

 

 

“So, boss.” Jongin started casually just as he put a document down on the table. “That lady—“

 

Sehun’s head snapped up rather quickly he was sure he heard a crack sound. “What lady?” he glared, daring the man to say more.

 

Jongin clicked his tongue in discontent. He folded his arms across his chest and said in a bored tone, “Excuse my French, boss, but don’t play dumb with me. Your eyes were practically glued to that new girl the other day.”

 

Sehun couldn’t help the groan that had escaped his lips. His nose flared involuntarily.

 

“Yeap,” Jongin nodded unhelpfully. “And I’m pretty sure she already knows who you are.”

 

“Well,” Sehun forced a smile. “Thank you for the info.”

 

His words were practically dripping with sarcasm but Jongin took no notice or he was simply being ignorance. “And, her name is Jung Soojung by the way,” Jongin smirked. “You’re most welcome.” He gave the disgruntled man a flying kiss before disappearing behind the door.

 

 

-

 

 

A hand slipped in between the small space and Sehun quickly pushed the open button. He somehow regretted his decision because the moment the elevator doors opened wide enough for him to see who it was, his mouth went agape. There stood Jung Soojung in all her glory, a little dishevelled but nonetheless beautiful. In her arms rested stacks of files. Oh, wow, great. Sehun unconsciously swallowed, his palm forming sweats.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry,” she bowed a few times out of pure instinct. The girl looked up then and when their eyes met, she froze. There was a beat of silence before she greeted, “Good morning—em—president.”

 

Sehun stuttered helplessly he had to hold onto the rail for support because of how wobbly his legs had become. “I think you’ve mistaken me for someone else. I’m not the president,” he tried.

 

The girl bit her lip before she said in a quiet voice, “I heard your secretary called you—“

 

Sehun almost groaned. “He’s not my—“ he tried to explain but the girl just gave him a knowing smile so he shut his mouth. “I’m going to kill him,” he muttered under his breath.

 

When the elevator dinged open, Jongin was standing on the other side, looking frantic. But when he took in the sight, his lips slowly formed that same devilish smirk he had few days prior. “Bo—“

 

Sehun’s eyes widened for a brief second before he mustered up a fierce glare. “Do not say another word,” Sehun threatened but Jongin just smiled back at him. “You are dismissed for today, Kim Jongin,” he ordered tiredly, walking past him.

 

“But boss—“ Jongin yelled from his spot, holding back a laugh.

 

“Text me today’s agenda and then disappear from my life!” Sehun shouted back before he disappeared into his office with a slam.

 

Jongin broke out into a hysterical mess he had to lean onto the wall for support, while the girl looked like a lost lamb as she glanced back and forth from Jongin to Sehun’s office.

 

 

-

 

 

“Boss—“

 

 “If you ever come close to even utter a single word about her, I won’t hesitate to fire you,” Sehun gritted, enunciating his words ever so slowly for emphasis.

 

“Oh come on!” Jongin whined frustratingly. “I’ve seen the way you look at her. Don’t think I didn’t notice you stealing little glances when we passed by her cubicle. Your eyes were practically shooting hearts.” He even dared to roll his eyes.

 

Sehun massaged his temples, closing his eyes to calm himself. “What did I say about—“

 

“I’m not saying this as your secretary,” Jongin cut in. “I’m saying this as your friend.”  He sounded serious all of a sudden. “And as your friend, I advise you to make your move soon because you’re not getting younger.”

 

Sehun snorted. “Speak for yourself.”

 

“And, your little angel happens to have a fan too,” Jongin supplied with a grin. “Saw a man gave her flowers the other--”

 

“Okay,” Sehun quickly cut in. “You are dismissed,” he waved in dismissal without a glance.

 

“Don’t forget my advice!” he heard the other said before the door closed with a click.

 

 

-

 

 

Soojung stood in front of a big house. Scratch that, it was a mansion, so big Soojung had to check the address written on the paper again in case she got it wrong. Just half an hour ago she had been asked to deliver a package containing who knows what to the address written on the paper currently resting in her palm. It’s urgent, a post-it stuck on the package had said. And she had complied without question.

 

She was standing in front of a huge gate, trying to find the buzzer when she finally noticed two letters that were engraved in the middle of the gate, at the joints. Oh. There could only be one person with such family that she knew of, but, that would be ridiculous. She wouldn’t be standing right in front of—

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Soojung snapped her head at the deep voice and her question was answered right then. The Oh Sehun was standing in front of her, clad in a light grey jacket and black knee-length jogging pants. His hair was covered with a black cap which he then took off, revealing wet messy raven hair. He slid his hair to the side and Soojung found herself biting her lip.

 

“President,” Soojung bowed respectfully. “I’m sorry for the—“ she swallowed down her nervousness before she continued, “the intrusion but I have a—a package to deliver.”

 

“A package?” asked Sehun curiously.

 

“I was asked to deliver a package to the given address, so—” she held out the paper and the man took it before reading the written address. It was certainly his address that was written on the piece of paper.

 

“Let me see the package,” he asked and the girl gladly complied.

 

When he un-wrapped the suspicious looking package and opened the box with a careful touch, there was a paper resting inside with a painfully familiar handwriting scribbled across the sheet.

 

What you need is a little push and I’m just doing my job as your reliable secretary/friend okay?

It’s kind of my responsibility to make sure you have a bright future, don’t you think?

I apologize for this rude act, Mr President. And you’re welcome. ㅋㅋㅋ

- K.J

 

He could already feel a headache coming his way, heat creeping up his neck again and he unconsciously muttered, “This piece of—“

 

“What’s the matter, sir—“Soojung braved herself to ask but Sehun cut her off.

 

“Please, just Sehun,” he smiled.

 

“But—“

 

“We’re outside the office so it’s ok,” he waved in dismiss.

 

For a moment the girl didn’t look convinced but she continued nonetheless. “Em is-is something wrong, si—sehun ssi?” she asked unsurely.

 

“Someone apparently needs a beating,” Sehun muttered darkly, boring a hole on the piece of paper as if it was Kim Jongin.

 

Soojung’s eyes widened, his comment catching her off guard. “W-what?”

 

Sehun seemed to realize what he had said. He head snapped in the girl’s direction, his eyes large as owls. “Oh!” he exclaimed. “Not you,” he waved violently in his state of panic. “I—I mean, nothing. Never mind.” The man sighed helplessly. He decided to change the subject. “Uh—“ he braved himself to look at the girl. His brow rose when he finally noticed the oddity. “Why are you in your work attire?” he asked. “It’s Sunday.”

 

Soojung automatically looked down on her outfit before she looked up and shrugged, “I had to submit a report but it doesn’t feel right to wear casual clothes to my workplace.”

 

“Submit a report on a Sunday?” Sehun questioned sceptically.

 

“Someone sent me an e-mail saying I had to submit the report, said it’s urgent so I had no choice,” the girl informed helpfully.

 

He had a very strong feeling that this was also one of his secretary’s antics. He decided to leave it for another day. For now, he had to deal with the problem in hand.

 

“How did you get here?” he asked, noticing the absence of car around. “Did you ride a taxi?” he continued on before the girl could even give him an answer. “Do you need a ride home? Do you want me to—“

 

“No, sir,” the girl halted, “I mean—no, Sehun ssi. I’ll just ride a taxi.”

Please log in to read the full chapter