Night in the Practise Room

Despite the Odds

"AARGGHHHHHH!!!"  Taemin screamed! Turning the entire practise room upside down. Crash! The coffe table stomped to splinters, Taemin jumping up and down on it, untill it turned to broken peices. The clear glass flower vase that had layed upon it went hurtling to the other end of the room and smashed into the wall sending shards of glass flying across the empty space. Taemin's panting breath didn't stop him from yelling curse words at the top of his voice. " YOU!!! ALL OF THIS! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THERE FOR ME, YOU HEAR!? I BELIVED IN YOU!!"

By both arms, he grabbed the heavy wooden chair that stood by his side and sent it hurtling into a row of tall wall-mirrors, which blasted into large dagger sized peices scattering from wall to wall. Taemin dropped to his knees and let out a long frustrated yell, before finally slumping forwards, shoulders dropped.

Hot blood was pumping out of his forarm, a deep cut made by a disgarded mirror peice no doubt. But the pain was nothing compared to what the boy felt inside. All Taemin could feel was the burning tears that streamed down his face. Sweat gleamed on his forehead, and his hair lay damp around his face. He was struggling to breath over the sobbs that escaped his body, loud and painful to even listen to. His entire body shook with each desperate ghasp for air, his being falling in on itself as he clutched on to reality.

Slowly the doorknob to the training room as turned, and gently pushed open. Jongin leant his head in, a slight look of forboding on his youthful face.

"Uh... Um Is everything okay in here? I thought I hear-" He stopped talking as Taemin slowly looked up and across at him. He looked so broken, his eyes barely resembled the young thing Jongin had come across a couple of months ago. They were red and tired, infact Taemin looked aged far beyond his years in this moment. And as he saw the pretty boy stood in the doorway his eyebrows lifted begging him for any sort of comfort.

"Taemin-hyung, Omo.... What happened here, what did you do?!" Jongin said, his eyes wieldly exploring the room as he stepped in. The broken furniture, the broken glass, to the thick red substance starting to pool around the broken idol on the floor. "Oh my God, you're arm..." He ran over to his sunbae grabbing one of the towels from the rack on his way.

"Don't bring him into this..." Taemin madly spat with a surprising level of hate in his voice. Jongin got to his knees, and, as gently as he could, wrapped his golden fingers around Taemin's fair coloured arm, and pressed the towel onto the source of the bleeding. Taemin placed his hand on top of Jongin's and gently held it. Jongin looked up, the two boys were close, their faces could almost be touching. He could see the pain in Taemin's face and wanted to take him into his arms and just hold him. Their eyes spoke to one another, reading off of eachother, Taemin's barely able to open for the amount of tears that welled up in them. The moment was intimate, they both felt safe, for just a moment.

Taemin sniffed as another tear rolled off of his face and onto Jongin's towel holding hands. The once white cloth turned slowly red as the blood reached out into it's depths. Jongin was the first to break eye contact, blinking for a moment before looking back at the distraught face.

"What the hell happened?"

"I just.." Taemin started, "I just wanted to live the life he wanted for me but I... cant."

"Who hyung?" Jongin asked, leaning towards the idol who was slowly drawing back.

"No... it's dumb, I cant... Besides what's the point, he has deserted me."

"Who deserted you?"

"You'll think I'm a fool..."

"Taemin, look at me." Jongin placed a gentle hand on Taemin's cheek pulling the idol's face closer to his. He continued in what was barely a whisper, "I would never think you anything less than amazing." Taemin looked through his tears, and up into the intense eyes, and furrowed eyebrows, that gazed at him across the space of barely a few inches. Jongin was sturdy, in those eyes was something far beyond his years. He too had experienced a burdened life, a full life. Taemin looked at him and saw a wise man dressed as a boy, and he just lost it once more. He collapsed into the boy infront of him. Jongin, though startled at first, wrapped an arm around the heaving lump that had latched itself onto him. Taemin's wails were almost too painful to listen to, and all the kid could do was whisper words of comfort, as Taemin dug his nails into the kids back, desperate for something to keep him sane.

Eventuallty Taemin looked into the deep brown eyes that searched him, and gave a weak smile. The fact he was crying in front of such a beautiful boy, only made him more emotional. Jongin gently removed his own jacket, and nestled it over the shoulders of the troubled soul in front of him. He then proceeded to gently turn over Taemin's arm, and lightly remove the towel to investigate the damage.

"I think this might need stitches. Your manager really won't be pleased with this," Jongin said before returning the towel in place.

"You know," Taemin started, "this really isn't the way I thought we'd meet again." Both boys looked at each other and let out a half smile. Their first meeting had seemed a fairytale in comparison to this freakshow. Jonging was struggling to even put together the peices, how could such a sweet boy be responsible for this mess. He then scanned the room.

The outburst seemed sudden. There was no indication that anyone else had been in here before him. In fact at this hour, even by trainee standards, practising would be considered working too hard. The only reason he had been here was because he hoped to book in some extra hours to creep ahead in the dancing game. That Yixing character was getting awfully good. It was a good thing he had a humble character, because that boy truly has something to be cocky about. Jongin had been on his way out when he had heard the loud noises. And it was a good thing he had, had he not stuck his head through the door who knows what might have happened.

"You have done quite the damage." He stated.

"Well I guess now you've seen me at my worst, .... I just lose control sometimes. Life really doesn't work out the way you expect it to..."

"You can tell me you know, ... when you're ready?" Taemin looked at the boy and half nodded.

"I know.."

For a while longer they sat in silence. Neither making eye contact, or any unescessary small talk. They simply existed together in that moment. Before eventually they got to their feet, Jongin supporting Taemin with one arm arm around his shoulder and another holding his hand. Taemin winced a little as he stood straight. Clearly more than one thing injured from his little misshap. But for the boy that stood beside him he was grateful. They gradualy made their way to the building's exit. Jongin making the occasional joke, that Taemin would laugh at despite occasional sadness coming through. Taemin was not fixed, but for now, Jongin held him together like celotape and glue.

That night neither of them found in each other what they were expecting, but they found exactly what they needed. This mess here would be dscovered no doubt the following day, and Taemin's actions would be met with severe reprecutions. But for now he had Kim Jongin, Pretty boy. And with that, in this night of hurt and sadness, he could be content.