two

Flip the Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Takuya knows about Hyosung’s day counter. The one she obsesses over, about guys and how they get into a relationship until they try to get into her pants.

How?

Hyosung talks in her sleep. A lot. And he’s been there too many a times when she falls asleep. Somehow, be it those times where she’d sleep on his lap or those times she’d dozed off on the long bus rides from the skate park, he had heard murmurs and grunts and pieced it together.

( she’s also very cute when she falls asleep on his shoulder, but that’s something else altogether )

And Takuya? Takuya just wants to be the guy that isn’t one of those on her list. He wants to be different, wants to be there and be together just because; he likes whatever they have now, and he just hopes feelings and needs don’t ruin them.

It’s selfish as he ponders it over, but he just wants Hyosung to think of him (and only him) specially.

This day counter, is why Takuya’s been dancing along the lines of “We’re that girl-guy bestfriend pair from an American teen movie! Platonic is the way to go!” and “Old domestic married couple” and back to “we’re bros! no homo!”

 

Life is very hard for Terada Takuya.

Self-control is something that’s very very hard to maintain when you spend many hours with Jung Hyosung. (Not when she walks around in her “haha im the epitome of beauty but haha its not a big deal” self and Takuya just. Can’t.) This is something that Takuya’s definitely learned. It’s probably why he can’t show anger well, and why he has so much pent up hours alone in the bathroom.

And then every time she smiles that carefree smile, he’s reminded that his efforts are for the greater good. Call it the friendzone, a brOTP, whatever, but any time with Hyosung is time enough.

And he doesn’t want to ruin it.

 

_______________________________________

 

He’s learnt about her past relationships. He’s also learnt about that 1 year or so where she was fed up with short-term relationships that “only existed to break my heart again and again”, where she went through a buddy stage. “It was fun at first, but it only left me feeling empty,” she had said.

Her longest was 6 months, back in high school. Takuya doesn’t want to end up like that. And everytime Hyosung talks about past relationship angst, it’s always gotten Takuya pretty worked up.

They all didn’t deserve her, Takuya thinks sometimes and then feels like punching something.

 

_________________________________________________

 

 

Takuya gets her text once he’s boarded the bus headed back to his dorms.

 

From:  hyohyohyo merry christmas!

Are u home yet?

 

Takuya looks at it for a long time. His thoughts are still mangled; he doesn’t know what to reply. He just types out the first two words on his muddled mind.

 

_________________________________________

 

From: taku-yah!

Nope. Why?

 

Hyosung sits in bed, looking over his message. Seriously? At this rate, it was a 100% confirmation that Takuya’s approach towards her was platonic. The regret se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter