A Little Strawberry (and a little kiss)

A Little Strawberry (and a little kiss)

Yifan kicked at the stones on the sidewalk. 

The winter air was chilly and the cold wind blew right through his jacket. Snow clouds were rolling past the mountains and Yifan could already tell he had made the wrong choice. Winter storms were rough where he lived and people who were stupid enough to try and brave it usually got hypothermia or just died. 

He started back home immediately. 

Yet, not three minutes later, he bit the cruel dust. Ice from the last storm still lingered and Yifan hadn't been paying attention. His arms flailed, legs buckled, and deep voice squeeked. Yifan's back popped on cue and his head smacked the ice hard enough to crush it into peices. He saw blurry stars.

Moans and groans left his lips as he laid there in humiliation. Christmas time wasn't supposed to be this violent. He closed his eyes. The night sounds weren't as lively as they usually were. There was the whistling of wind and padding of paws- 

Wait. Hold on. 

Yifan opened his eyes and flipped over. Aluminated by the street lights was a cat. A sleek and short haired black one with eyes that resembled sapphires. It strutted over with it's thin tail swishing in the air. It had unusually large ears...that were pierced. Kinda strange. Yifan tried to roll with it. 

The cat came right up to his face. It used its pretty eyes to look right into his own boring brown ones. Its nose made little wet noises like it was laughing. Yifan scowled at it. 

"Did you see?"

The cat blinked. 

Yifan squinted at him. "You better not tell your cat friends."

The cat tilted his head and for a moment, Yifan thought he saw a hint of sadness in the blue eyes. Then he remembered he was talking to a cat and there was a storm coming. The wind had turned into forceful gusts, he even felt the first flakes of snow on his face. 

Yifan hopped up, nearly slipping on ice again. The cat scrambled back quickly. He assumed the cat was feral, maybe he was afraid of humans. But, he had walked over to Yifan first. Then again, Yifan had been on the ground and not at his full height. An odd satisfaction set in, maybe the cat would stop making those annoying laughing sounds. 

"Well," he looked down at the black cat, it was much smaller now. "I'm going home. You should too, there's a storm coming." He waved and began on his way. 

With his back the wind, wet droplets dampened his hair. Being the genius he was, he hadn't picked the jacket with a hood. He hugged the jacket he did have around himself tightly. It was getting darker and colder by the second. His lips quivered and his ears were probably going to fall off later. Street lights were starting to randomly go off. It was a creepy thing they did when storms came in. Almost like a warning to get home. 

Yifan only sped up. He was sure to keep away from any ice, but his apartment was still a block away. His long legs carried him swiftly, but perhaps not fast enough. By the time he was skidding inside the lobby, his jacket was covered in frost and his hair was stiff. The wind howled outside; it sounded similar to a banshee. 

His keys shook in his hands while he undid the lock. His apartment was small. It was packed with comfort things since he lived alone. The color theme was mostly dark red and soft browns. Maybe a few gold things and the kitchen was still white tile and tan wall. He kept books scattered around. Things he had read and things he wanted to read at some point.

In the living room, though it wasn't much bigger than a large bedroom, had a couch and a recliner chair. Both had layers of blanets and pillows dangling over them and even on the floor were some shaggy rugs. The wallpaper was deep wine red with shiny gold swirls making an undefined pattern. 

He stripped from everything but his boxers. He delved himself into the soft and silky blankets that smothered the couch. His bed was probably a lot more comfortable, but the cold had seeped into his bones. Yifan was determined to not move for another 12 hours. 

.

In his concoon of warmth, Yifan was on the verge of sleep. He had already had the feeling of falling and was fully prepared to sleep off the storm that lyed beyond the windows. However, something scratched at his door. He ignored it at first. It could have just been the beginnings of his dream. 

It scratched again. Louder and longer. 

Yifan put a pillow on top of his ears. 

Pitiful mewls and whines shreaked through the door. 

Yifan prentended to cry and dragged himself off the couch. He was still partially asleep and wasn't really computing what was happening. He opened his door to see a younger guy sitting in front of his place mat. With bleary vision, Yifan could make out dark blue eyes and big black ears. It was familiar to him. 

"C-can I-I come in-in?" The man sounded frozen to death. Yifan only stepped aside and let him in. The man leaped up, suddenly becoming much taller than Yifan had thought. He went inside so fast, he wasn't sure which room the man had gone in. 

But that didn't matter to his sleeping brain. All Yifan did was close and lock door again, stumble back to the couch, and plop right back into the covers. The minute he was asleep, he forgot everything. 

 .

In the mornings, two alarms were supposed to go off. 

One at 9am. The wake-up-and-get-dressed. Or the second at 11am. The you're-a-useless-member-of-society. The universe added number 3. By fate or destiny. At 10am, Yifan was woken up because of the loss of oxygen in his lungs. 

Eyes bulging slightly and brows deeply furrowed, Yifan sat up.

A black cat tumbled down from his chest and rolled around in an attempt to stand again. But, it somehow failed in a way that it only accidentally tangled itself in the thick blanket that covered Yifan's thighs. 

He stared down blankly. The cat struggled to right itself. It growled as its claws hooked on loose trim and a piercing from its left ear snagged on the blanket. Yifan saw, with lidded eyes, that this cat was hopeless. It fell from the couch, down to the floor, and even then it wriggled its bottom around because the blanket had covered its head and front legs. 

Taking pity, Yifan plucked the blanket off the cat and threw it to the side. The cat froze for a second; its big ears swivelled in different directions. The thin tail it possessed thumped the side the couch. 

It recovered after a beat and twirled on its back legs to face Yifan. It had a smug expression like it hadn't needed the help of Yifan to get out of blanket hell. It climbed back up. The black fur stood out against the reds and browns and the blue of its eyes popped like nothing else. 

Finally being able to form a sentence, Yifan stuck his finger out for the cat to smell. "You're that cat from the street last night, aren't you?" 

The cat sniffed his finger before rubbing the corner of its mouth along Yifan's hand. Seeing this as a sign of friendship (or almost friendship), Yifan ran his fingers through the soft fur. "Wonder how you got in..."

Yifan then commenced 20 questions. He asked the cat what its name was, there was no collar to tell him. He through out names, stupid and stupid serious alike, until the cat chose which one he liked most. But, the cat wasn't cooperating. Every name it declined by making a series of small growls or hisses. Yifan was about to just the thing 'Cat' when he saw a little charm hanging from the cat's ear. 

He took the cat's ear in between his fingers. The cat jerked its head away and bared its teeth. Yifan rolled his eyes and took another look. A small peach charm hung a little lower on an ear. Out of ideas, Yifan tried with some hope. 

"How about... Tao?"

The cat flicked its tail unhappily. Yifan threw his hands up. 

"Jesus...what do you want to be called then?! Maybe I should should call you Taozi because you're so tiny and acting like a tINY BABY PEACH, YOU UNGRATEFUL CAT."

The cat swiped its paw against Yifan's face. No claws, but rough pads that made Yifan groan. The cat didn't look angry, though. It looked at Yifan expectantly. Yifan's eyes widened. 

"You want me to call you 'Ungrateful Cat'?"

The cat hit him again. 

"Oh! Taozi?"

The cat blinked. A quiet rumbling came from 'Taozi's' chest and it nudged Yifan's fingers. After a huge sigh, Yifan picked up Taozi, discreetly saw if it was a girl or boy (boy) and put him on his lap. Taozi settled into a position he was comfy with and proceeded to lay down and fall asleep. Yifan ran his hands all the way down Taozi's small body and down his tail. Even in his sleep, Taozi would shudder a little whenever Yifan went over the patch of fur and skin right before his tail started. 

"Guess I have a cat now..."

 

...

 

"STOP! NO- WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" 

Taozi walked with his high in the air and ears pointed. His tail wiggled dangerously fast. The cat tip toed atop one of Yifan's highest shelves. Yifan had been late by ten minutes with Taozi's breakfast- ten minutes -and now his pet was wreaking havoc. Books and old papers covered in dust flew about the room. His coffee table had been knocked over and the recliner chair was was scratched all to hell. 

Yifan was fuming from rage. Taozi was usually pretty mild mannered, but lately he was moodier than ever. He'd only had Taozi for a month, maybe this was his real behavior. Maybe. Yifan didn't think so. He had a plan, though. 

"Tao!" Oh, the cat hated that. It was like Yifan's mom calling him 'Jiaheng'. Ugh. 

Taozi pushed a book off with his hind leg and stared down at Yifan. His little earrings and piercings jingled under the heating vent. 

"Get down. Or I will throw away the strawberries." He thanked God for Taozi's obsession for the fruit.

He'd never seen Taozi move that fast. The cat projectile jumped into Yifan's blond hair. "Ow, ow, ow, OW TAOZI, PLEASE-"Yifan stumbled as claws dug into his bleached follicles. They both fell to the floor and more book collapsed from many piles. Yifan was sure his apartment would never be clean again. 

Taozi decided to help him clean. He pushed books with his nose towards Yifan or he would use his sharp teeth to drag blankets back to the bedroom. He watched as Taozi's lithe little body waddled here and there, he took pillows bigger than himself to the bedroom. After ten minutes of this, Yifan became curious of where Taozi was actually putting them. 

Curiosity killed the cat. 

With a feral scream, Yifan lunged for the cat throwing his pillows out the window. Taozi hissed and scrambled under the bed. Yifan crawled on his hands and knees to get a better look. He threw the duvet over the mattress. Taozi was crouching in the darkness making clicking noises with his rough tongue. 

Yifan snarled at him, "I give you food and a home and this is how you treat me?"

Taozi meowed. 

"I'm calling Jongdae," Yifan said quickly and sprinted across the room. He closed the door with Taozi still inside the room and locked it. He wasn't worried about the cat jumping out of the open window, either. Taozi hated going outside during the day. Don't ask Yifan why. Maybe it was the cars or the bugs, he had no clue. 

Taozi scratched at the door and stuck his black paws under the door. His piercings jingled as he rubbed his head against the floor and, lord, did that cat know how to make noise. Taozi mewled and whined and then had a bi-polar fit because then he'd hiss and snarl. It went from being a victim to being a psycho. Yifan didn't know how old Taozi was, but he was beginning to wonder if the cat was still going through kitty puberty. 

The whines almost always got the better of Yifan, but not today. No, today he would be strong and just walk away. Taozi could have his fit- and probably piss on the floor -while Yifan called Jongdae. 

Jongdae was one of his younger friends, fresh out of college, but also a seasoned cat owner. Jongdae owned an insanely fluffy and pure white fur ball named Junmyeon. Yifan thought it was kinda weird to name your cat something so...realistic. Jongdae might as well have called him 'Steve', it was that normal of a name. But that didn't matter, Jongdae was familiar with cat care and in turn, Yifan's new best friend since Taozi was often a handful. 

He'd have to wait for Jongdae to get off work before any help was coming. He sat on the couch and listened to Taozi cry. 

 

...

 

"Yo! Lemme in, cowboy!" 

Jongdae had arrived. 

Yifan opened the door and two short things zoomed inside. Yifan's lip curled. 

"Do you have to bring your walking cotton ball everywhere you go?" 

"Don't be rude. Junmyeon can't help it that he's fluffy. He was born that way. Just like you were born fat, these things happen-" Jongdae snickered.

"Dammit Jongdae- I AM NOT FAT. Would you please just help me with Taozi?"

"Fine~" Jongdae hummed and sat on the couch. "Release the beast on me."

Yifan went back to the bedroom and opened the door. A blur of black fur raced past and he trudged back to livingroom. Taozi loved Jongdae, just not his cat. Yifan could only hope it wasn't personal and that Jongdae was just a cat person. With boiling jealously, Yifan watched as Taozi cuddled up by Jongdae's thighs, even though Junmyeon sat on his thighs. Yifan sat on the recliner chair. He glared in Jongdae's direction. 

"I don't get it when you say Taozi is all kinds of trouble," Jongdae said. He ran his hands over Taozi's jaw. "He's pretty tame with me."

"Yeah, with you. With me he's all...nice and fuzzy one second and the next he's moodier than hell. He's gotten worse over the past two weeks, though," Yifan grumbled. He sunk in the chair, letting the blankets consume him. Every time Jongdae went to pet the spot right before Taozi's tail, Taozi would nip at Jongdae's finger. Yifan frowned; he loved being pet there. 

Jongdae snorted. "Are you taking care of him?" 

"Of course! I feed him, play with him, and i-"

"No no no, I mean are you taking care of him?" Jongdae insisted. 

Yifan frowned, "I don't know what you mean."

Jongdae's face went through several emotions. First; confusion. Then, surprise, realization, and finally he broke down laughing. Tears formed at the corners of his eyes and he convulsed so hard both Junmyeon and Taozi left him. Taozi walked back to the bathroom and Junmyeon- because life wasn't fair -got on Yifan's lap. It wasn't that he didn't like Junmyeon, but he shedded like no other. It was bad enough he was in Yifan's space let alone on his body. 

Yifan ignored Jongdae's pterodactyl screeching and gently set Junmyeon on the couch. He went to follow Taozi, mostly because there was no reason for him to go the bathroom. His litter box was by the porch. The bathroom was exclusively Yifan's. 

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" Jongdae had taken a break from laughing to grab onto Yifan's waist and pull him away from the hallway. "What Taozi does in the bathroom is none of your business! Especially since you're so misinformed, good god man."

Yifan was so outside the joke, he felt like jongdae had built a wall around it. 

"What the hell are you talking about?! My cat is my business, it's not like he uses the toilet or takes showers! He's a cat. Just because you treat Junmyeon like your roommate, doesn't mean I'm comfortable doing so with Taozi!" Yifan groaned. 

Jongdae took Yifan by the shoulders, he was also on his tip toes, and shook him. "He's cranky because he's coming off his heat, okay- I mean if I was literally every second of every day for like a week with no relief whatsoever, I'd be kinda pissed too? You must have picked him up right after it happened, so it had passed already but he's still mad about no one like, releasing his urges. But, he's still a living thing, he needs the affection still."

Yifan nodded, it was a lot to process. "....I give him affection, though-"

"UGGH," Jongdae tipped his head back and suddenly his hands were cupping Yifan's face- squishing his cheeks together. "YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT. Taozi and Junmyeon are the same species of cat. They're... special."

Yifan could barely see Jongdae due to his cheeks pressing into his eyes. Still, he tried to glare down because did Jongdae just call his cat retarded? 

Jongdae saved himself by talking again. If it were any other situation, talking would not have been the better choice. "Look, they're just different from other cats. They can... do stuff. Sometimes. And, from what I've seen, Taozi is just like Junmyeon, so when your cat goes into the bathroom, you leave them alone unless you're already involved."

Yifan spoke through forced, pouted lips. "Did you just ask me if I'm ing my cat?"

"WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?!"

Yifan pried Jongdae's hands off. "Jongdae, whatever the joke is, tell me. I obviously can't figure it out."

Jongdae sagged and pushed Yifan over to the couch. At this point, Junmyeon was a puddle of snowy fur. He was snoring awkwardly and his paws kneeded into the pillow he was draped on. "Why is Junmyeon always so lazy? Are you sure he's not eating too much?"

Jongdae made a horrified gasp and there was a slap to Yifan's back. "He's tired. And he is fluffy, learn some manners. No wonder Taozi is always moody. Not only are you a slow runner, but you are a slow thinker."

Yifan just didn't answer. Jongdae would only yell at him more. The small guy set him on the couch. Jongdae sat in front of Junmyeon and let a hand brush over his fur. He looked oddly serious, so of course Yifan leaned back a little.  

"What I'm about to tell you...isn't gonna sound believeable, but I promise on your flat it's true."

Yifan let it slide. He was more interested on what Jongdae was going to say. 

Jongdae rubbed his fingers on Junmyeon's back. The cat made a purr that vibrated the whole couch. 

"So," Jongdae began, "Taozi can change."

"Change?"

"Change." Jongdae nodded. "He can change into a man. Maybe a woman...he's kinda pretty."

Yifan thought for a moment. He set a hand on Jongdae's shoulder and squeezed it. 

"Are you on drugs? We can get you help-"

"No! I'm serious!" Jongdae plucked Junmyeon off the his pillow and shoved him in Yifan's face. "See? This 'furball' turns into a guy with blond hair."

Yifan gave him a dubious expression. "Yeah? Prove it."

Jongdae stopped short. "I-I can't make him. He chooses when to do it."

Yifan shrugged. "I guess there's nothing to really make me believe it then."

He was fairly sure his friend had lost all his marbles and then some. Junmyeon wrestled his way onto Jongdae's shoulders and fell back asleep. Yifan sighed heavily and looked around. "Is Taozi still in the bathroom?-"

Jongdae snapped his fingers and took a hold of Yifan's wrists. He was dragged through the hallway and thrown into the wall by the bathroom. Jongdae threw open the bathroom door with a delighted screech. 

"HAH! There's your proof!"

Jongdae shoved Yifan's face forward. 

Yifan's eyes raked over the man in his bathroom. He was , grooming his hair, and glaring at them.

"Uh, privacy?"

He slammed the door shut. Yifan couldn't find the words to speak. 

Jongdae put his hands on his hips and smiled at Yifan. 

"Huh, definitely not a woman."

 

...

 

Yifan walked through the streets. Christmas had long past, but the cold weather hadn't.

The little flurries in the air kissed his nose and dotted his hair. His big coat was warm, but uncomfortable. Usually it was fluffy and cushy, but a certain someone was making it difficult. 

Yifan groaned, "Taozi, why can't you just stay home when I go to the store? Or at least wear your own coat?"

Taozi's head popped out. Black kitty ears twitched in the cold and his long tail wrapped around Yifan's leg. The thick, red collar around Taozi's neck glimmered in the light.

"Because this is warmer. And it's boring without you at home," pouted the cat.

The wind already made Yifan's cheeks pink, but he flushed a little more at Taozi's casual declarations of being eternally attached to Yifan.

"Well, maybe if you were a cat at the moment, this would be easier," Yifan complained. 

Taozi rolled his eyes and nuzzled up on Yifan's jaw. The cat did that every five minutes. Taozi said he was just spreading his scent, but Yifan knew Taozi was always paranoid about him leaving or forgetting him. The cat had been abandoned before, it was how he got on the streets, so he refused to let Yifan out of sight for too long. 

Yifan brought his hand inside the coat and rubbed the spot between Taozi's tail and back. He melted in the cold weather. 

"Lets get some strawberries."

"But they're out of season."

"Eh, they still taste good."

 

...

 

"Whyyyyy do you have to go?" 

Yifan sighed as he put on his jacket. "Becuase there are more men in my life besides you, dear."

Taozi frowned. Yifan probably hadn't chosen the best choice of words. "But you see Jongdae all the time. Stay with me, they're playing Harry Potter again before the cold weather is over."

Yifan started to button his jacket now. "All the snow has melted already. And, I only see Jongdae every once in awhile. I'd bring you with me, but you never let me talk."

"I let you talk."

"Not to Junmyeon," Yifan was never sure why he didn't like Junmyeon. 

Taozi pulled a face. His ears turned down in disgust. "There's no reason for you to talk to Junmyeon. He's...boring or something."

Yifan walked over to Taozi and placed a kiss right on his forehead. Taozi flung his arms around his neck and practically jumped on Yifan. He smashed his lips onto Yifan's. Taozi tasted like strawberries and whipped cream- his lunch. Yifan was sure he tasted like coffee and garlic- oh what a combination -but Taozi kissed him all the same. 

They kissed for a few minutes. Eventually, Yifan broke away to tell Taozi he really had to go now, however the cat had other plans. He wrapped himself around Yifan and nuzzled his head into every surface of Yifan's body. By the neck, under his arms, by his thighs- heh -and Tazoi placed little kisses in between his fingers. 

With a smile, Yifan looked at him. Tao looked tired now. His black hair was a mess and his tan skin had a light sheen of sweat. "You okay over there?"

Taozi growled, "Spreading that much scent is a lot of work."

Yifan laughed. "I'm sure it is. I've got to go. Call me on the emergency phone if something happens."

Taozi sniffled, it was fake, but Yifan had to get out of there before he was making trips to the bedroom and not Jongdae's house. "I love you," he mewled.

"Love you too," Yifan hopped out the door with a wink. 

.

He knocked on the door. Jongdae was young and poor, but Junmyeon's parents were pretty loaded. Apparently, the cat gene had slipped into his family though a nameless uncle who no one ever talked about. Now, Jongdae, Junmyeon, and Kyungsoo- a normal cat -lived in a big house with a nicer car than the president.

Junmyeon answered the door. Junmyeon the man was nicely dressed and much more active than Junmyeon the cat. He had blond hair and jade green eyes. Yifan would never say it, but Junmyeon dressed like his grandpa. Big sweaters and ironed pants. Shiny, leather shoes. Yifan often called Junmyeon Jongdae's Vaguely Feline Sugardaddy. The man didn't deny it.  

"Hey," Junmyeon greeted. "Jongdae! Yifan is here!"

He walked in with a bow. The house made him like trash. Expensive frames held pictures of both families. Everythibg was stunningly clean and spotless. Unlike Yifan's apartment where books and blankets were everywhere for Taozi and Yifan to lounge on. Junmyeon led him to the kitchen where Jongdae was cooking in his underwear. Yifan pinched him on the . 

"Don't get dressed up or anything. It's not like I showered to come over here," he griped. 

Jongdae cackled as the sauce pan sizzled. "That was your mistake, comrade. Here, in the House of Kim, pants are optional."

Junmyeon cleared his throat. "What are we having for dinner?"

Jongdae shrugged. "Whats that box say?"

"Stir Fry for Beginners spelled with a 'z' at the end."

"That."

Yifan helped Jongdae with the rest of dinner which consisted of the stove catching fire and Junmyeon calling an order for Pizza Hut. They all vegged out in the living room. Yifan was worried about grease getting on the leather couch, so he sat on the floor with a box all to himself. 

"Okay, what movie are we wat- ah Kyungsoooo! Come on, I wanna watch a movie," Kyungsoo was a small, gray kitten that never stopped playing. Yifan got worn out just playing laser pointer with him. He crawled on top of the t.v and was napping in front of the senser. 

Junmyeon carefully took Kyungsoo off the t.v and laid him on top of Jongdae's head. Finally, the movie was able to begin and Yifan was glad he hadn't brought Taozi. Jongdae had picked The Lazarus Effect. Not the scariest movie and not the best plot, but just enough to make Yifan flinch at the jump scares. Taozi probably would've been crying by now. 

Halfway through the movie, his phone started vibrating. He answered right as the one guy started choking on his E-Cigarrette.

"Hello?" He whispered. 

"Its me~" Taozi's voice purred. 

YIfan sighed, "Is something wrong?"

Taozi took a minute to answer. "Uhhh-"

"Taozi, you know this phone is only for emergencies."

"I know, I know! I just..." he mumbled through the line. "I'm dying of boredom. When are you coming home?"

Yifan cringed at Olivia Wilde's crazy eyes. "When the movie is over."

"Buuuut Yifan...hurry up!" Taozi hung up. Yifan looked at the phone for a moment. He wondered if he should call back. No, Taozi had hung up first. He watched the rest of the movie. 

.

The credits played and Yifan was convinced that every joint in his body needed to be popped.  

When asked if he was gonna stay a little longer, by Junmyeon, he declined. He had noticed red marks in Jongdae's thighs that hadn't been there before the movie and he just wasn't comfortable knowing there were hickies being made behind his back. 

"See you guys later," he waved. 

The treck back home wasn't bad. Winter had finally ended and Spring was setting in. A warm breeze blew past and instead of snow getting stuck in his hair, it was flower petals from a near by garden. It didn't get more shojo than that. Yifan kept them in his hair. He had to have looked like Tamaki Souh. If he didn't, what was the point?

In a good mood, he opened the door to the the apartment with a wide grin. 

Taozi was nowhere in site, but the books were thrown every which way, work papers were either torn or on the floor, and there was the distinct smell of cat puke coming from the corner. 

Fury filled his good mood. 

"TAO!" 

 

...

 

Yifan laid strewn out on the grass. 

Summer was in full throttle and it was unforgiving. Yifan's a/c had broke and the city was having record heat. The sun was high in the sky. Bright, burning light poured over the city and even at the park Yifan and Taozi were at. 

Yifan had limited himself to an ed shirt and swimming trunks. You never knew when you were gonna be spontaneously invited to a pool party. 

Taozi ran around the park, playing with random dogs, in just a pair of basketball shorts and his collar. He had hissed at the shirt Yifan tried to give him. But due to the heat, Taozi was soon falling belly down in exhaustion right by his side. 

"It's... so...hoooot" he whined. His tail didn't even flick or wiggle like usual. 

Yifan looked over lazily. " 's your fault. You were running 'round like it was Spring or somethin'."

Taozi growled. "Shut up. At least I don't smell like a dead bird."

Yifan raised an eyebrow. "Wow, Tao. Tell us how you really feel."

Taozi's tail found some energy and thwacked his stomach. Yifan smirked. Taozi's nose was insanely sensitive. It was one of the reasons he liked strawberries so much. They had the best scent out of all the food Taozi had ever eaten. So, when Yifan had caught the scent of another cat or even another person, he would gripe and complain until Yifan either showered or Taozi covered him in his scent. 

"Wanna know how I feel?" Taozi meowed quietly. Yifan had a catnip joke on his tongue, but Taozi was suddenly all over him.  He commenced cuddles of a different level and Yifan was starting to think he could smell Taozi's scent. 

He knew he would've enjoyed this more if it hadn't been so hot. Taozi covered every inch of his body with kisses and touches. Most were innocent,  but the ones inside his thighs lasted a few seconds longer. Still, it wasn't awful. Taozi's touches were gentle and by the time he was done, he was laying on top of Yifan. 

"That was tiring," Taozi purred and cuddle even closer into Yifan's neck. 

"Mmm, I bet," Yifan mused. He wrapped his arm across Taozi's waist. A tail curled around it. 

"Wanna get some strawberries?"

"Didn't all the shops close because of the heat?"

"We'll find some."

 

...

 

Yifan fell with a harsh thud. The leaves under him hadn't really cushioned his fall. The wind whipped his hair around. He flipped over to see Taozi in cat form, his paws, looking amused.

"Did you see?"

The cat blinked. 

Yifan squinted at him. "You better not tell your cat friends."

Taozi padded over and his nose. With a shake of his head, Yifan stood up cautiously. It was Autum and all the leaves had fallen from the trees. It was also Halloween night. Taozi refused to be out at night, he feared that 'meanies with masks' would scare them even though they weren't children.

So, Yifan had brought them back to the park. It was cold enough to wear a hoodie, but too hot for a coat. According to Taozi, it was his favorite time of year. 

As they strolled down the sidewalk, kids ran for early candy. He imagined Jongdae was dressing up because he was short and still looked like a highschooler. He facepalmed just thinking about it. 

A paw tapped his shoe and Yifan looked down. Taozi was jumping and his eyes looked dialated. Yifan frowned. He looked high. Taozi took off down the sidewalk, running full force and out of sight in seconds. 

"H-hey!" Yifan ran after him. Despite Yifan's long legs, Taozi was hopping off things to spring himself forward. On his way to catch the cat, Yifan knocked into someone kid and ripped his costume head off. 

It was Jongdae. 

Yifan yelled at him. "Get off the streets with that, you sick little man!"

There was a ' OFF' behind him. But he kept right on Taozi's tail. Not literally because he accidentally stepped on it once and Taozi didn't talk to him for three days.

At some point, Taozi had found what he was looking for. He bounced onto Yifan's shoulder and patted his cheeks on which way to go. With his superior nose, Taozi had found the outdoor market. There weren't many people there, just a few vendors and parents with their kids looking for free candy. 

Way in the back, past the vegetables, was a small stand full of strawberries. Yifan rolled his eyes and brought his hand up to scratch Taozi's ears. 

"You could have just told me, ya know. I didn't enjoy seeing Jongdae in a rilakkuma suit."

He got his wallet out before they even reached the stand. He was only prepared to spend ten dollars, which bought Taozi two pounds of ing strawberries. The things Yifan did. 

"Thats enough money spending for today," Taozi nipped his ear. "Hey, do I look like Junmyeon to you? I don't have money pouring out the wazoo alright?"

Taozi rolled his blue eyes. Yifan wrestled out a strawberry from one of the packs and handed it up to the cat. Instead of Taozi taking it, there was a massive weight on his shoulders. 

Taozi had turned into a man again. His cheeks were red from the cold and his tail wrapped around Yifan's middle to stay upright. Yifan flailed for a moment and then used his free hand to grip Taozi's thigh. 

"WHAt are you doing!?" Taozi's soft voice only laughed as he picked a strawberry from Yifan's hand. He leaned over Yifan's head to face him. He had the strawberry in his mouth and when he pecked Yifan on the nose, it left a little juice. 

 

 

............

 

Sorry if it but I'm done now yayyy 

 

Leave a comment if you feel the need. ^^