Chapter 2

Taking Care of Mir
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Rain was in the studio setting up some interviews for MBLAQ, when he suddenly had this feeling that something was going on back at the apartment. Strange, I know. He should shook if off and when back to what he was doing. But something kept telling him, Call the apartment. Call the apartment. Rain decided to go with his instinct and he picked up his phone and dialed the apartment number. The phone rang and rang.

Why aren’t they picking up?, Rain wondered. He called again and again. But still the phone just rang and rang.

“What’s going on?,” Rain said, starting to get worried.

It wasn’t like the boys to not answer the phone when he called. Then it hit him. Of course they wouldn’t pick up the phone if they weren’t there.

“But they wouldn’t do that,” Rain said to himself, “They wouldn’t leave the apartment without my permission, they know better than that.”

Rain thought for a minute. It was MBLAQ…well Seungho wouldn’t do it. Neither would Thunder or G.O…but Mir and Joon on the other hand…

“Well, we’ll just see what’s going on,” Rain said dialing Seungho’s cell number.

“BANG CHULYONG! GET YOUR BABO BACK HERE!!,” Joon was yelling.

Mir kept running, almost cackling as he went.

“WHEN I CATCH YOU, YOU ARE SOOOOO DEAD!”

“THAT’S IF YOU CATCH ME, HYUNG! HAHAHA!!”

Thunder just shook his head, chasing after Mir. Seungho and G.O. were not far behind.

“Why does he do this?,” G.O. asked, slowing down.

“Because he likes the attention. It’s Mir. He’ll doing anything to get someone to look at him,” Thunder told him.

All of a sudden he felt his phone vibrate. He stopped and look down at the number.

“Uh oh,” he said, his eyes widening.

“What?,” G.O. asked, stopping too.

“It’s Hyung.”

That made Joon and Thunder stop too.

“Oh.”

“Should I pick it up?”

“Yeah you should pick it up! Unless you really want to die.”

“What if I just say I didn’t hear it?”

“You think he’ll buy that?”

“Maybe.”

“We can’t go on maybe, Hyung.”

“Fine then, Doongie, you answer it.”

“No way! It’s your phone.”

“Joon?”

“Uh, yeah no.”

“Somebody pick it before it miss cal-”

Beep.

“Too late.”

“Damn it.”

“Why did you guys stop chasing me?,” Mir said, coming up behind them.

Joon remember why they were out they and quickly grabbed Mir before he could run off again.

“What the hell is wrong with you? Why did you run off like that?,” he yelled in Mir’s face, gripping Mir’s arm tight.

“B-Because I just wanted to have some fun,” Mir winced, “Yah, not so tight, Hyung.”

Seungho frowjed at Mir and said, “You are so gonna get it when we get back to the apartment.”

He then spun Mir around and smacked him on the .

“Ooowww~,” Mir whined, rubbing his .

“Uh, shouldn’t someone call Hyung back?,” Thunder asked, reminding Seungho that he had missed Rain’s call, intentionally.

“Oh yeah, right,” Seungho said, pressing the re-dial, then putting it on speaker. 

It rang and then suddenly, “Why didn’t you answer your phone, Seungho!?,” a deep angry voice said.

“I didn’t hear it?,” Seungho said, his voice questioning.

“Uh huh,” Rain said, “Where are you?”

“Uh, at the apartment, Hyung, why?,” Seungho said, trying not to sound nervous.

“Oh really?,” Rain asked, “Ok, I’m going to call the apartment phone and you better pick it up.”

“Wait, Hyung, I-”

Click.

“Damn it!,” Seungho said.

“What?,” G.O. asked.

“He’s calling the apartment phone.”

“Call him back and tell him we can’t find it,” Joon said.

G.O. looked at him and frowned.

“You really think he’d buy that?”

“Yeah,” Joon said, shrugging his shoulders, “Sounds believable to me.”

Thunder rolled his eyes.

“Come on, we just need to get back to the apartment before Hyung does,” Seungho said.

“Yeah, then saying we couldn’t find the phone would actually work,” Joon said, taking off running, dragging Mir along with him. “Yeah, he’s still not going to believe that even if we are back before him,” G.O. said.

They were almost to the apartment when Seungho’s phone started vibrating again.

“It’s hyung again,” Seungho said, looking at his phone, still running.

“Well…pick…it up,” G.O. said, sounding winded.

“But if I pick it up and I sound out of breath what’s he going to think?.” Seungho asked, still not answering the phone.

“Tell him we were exercising,” Thunder threw over his shoulder.

“Good idea, Doongie,” Seungho said and he pushed the button to pick up the call.

“Hello?” 

“Why didn’t you pick up the apartment phone?,” Rain asked, sounding even more angry.

“Uh, we couldn’t find it?,” Seungho said, questioning again. Joon nodded his head as if to say, Yeah, tell him that. 

“We couldn’t find it,” Seungho repeated sounding more confident.

There was silence on the other end.

“Hello?,” Seungho said, thinking the call had dropped.

Then he heard Rain sigh.

“Why are you lying to me, Seungho?,” Rain asked.

“I-I’m not lying, Hyung, we really couldn’t find it.”

“Then why am a sitting here looking at it?”

Seungho stopped dead in his tracks. His eyes widen and his face paled.

“W-W-What?,” Seungho stammered, “What do you mean you’re looking at it? You took it with you to the studio?”

Seungho prayed that’s what Rain meant but he knew it was highly unlikely for it to be.

“No I’m at the apartment,” Rain said.

Now Rain was actually still at the studio. He was trying to see if the boys were really at the apartment or not. Joon who overheard Seungho, quickly snatched the phone away from him before Seungho would give them up.

“Hyung, you’re so funny, you’re not even here at the apartment. Unless you climbed through the window and are hiding somewhere so we can’t find you,” Joon said, smiling.

Yeah, he called Rain’s bluff and he prayed he was right. Everybody held their breaths waiting for Rain’s response.

Finally Rain said, “Ok, you got me.”

Everybody exhaled and Mir said, a little too loudly, “Yes, he’s not there!”

Thunder quickly covered Mir’s mouth and the other 3 shot him a dirty look.

“What did Chulyong say?,” Rain asked. “And why is he still up?”

“Uh..,” Joon said, looking at Seungho for help.

“He said it’s hot in here,” Seungho said, taking the phone back from Joon,“And he’s up because he wanted some water?”

G.O. smacked his forehead. Seungho was really bad at cover-ups.

“Uh huh...,” Rain said, "well I should be pulling into the driveway in about 3 minutes and he better be in the bed when I get up there or I’m going to get him and you.”

And with that, Rain hung up.

Seungho slowly lowered the phone, his eyes wide and staring off into the distance.

“What? What? What’s wrong Seungho?,” G.O. asked, “What did he say?”

“He’s going to be back at the apartment in like 3 minutes.”

“WHAT?? But we still have 2 blocks to go!,” Thunder said.

Suddenly Joon turned and smacked Mir hard on the .

“What was that for Hyung!?,” Mir yelped, rubbing his .

“If you hadn’t run off we wouldn’t be in this mess,” Joon said, smacking Mir’s again.

“Ow! Hyung stop it!,” Mir said, moving away from Joon.

“You two we don’t have time for that!,” G.O. said, grabbing Mir’s arm, “We have to make it back before Ji-hoon hyung!”

“It’s a race against the clock,” Mir said, as if he was narrating a movie, “Will MBLAQ make it back before Jih-OW!”

This time Thunder had smacked him upside the back of his head.

“Shut up, Chulyong-ah,” he said, “This is not time to be funny.”

 

When they finally rounded the corner to where their apartment was, Rain’s car was…

…not in the parking space.

“Whew!,” Seungho said, running up towards the building, "we beat Jihoon hyung home!" 

“Uh, just barely,” G.O. said, pointing down the street.

They all looked to where G.O. was pointing. Rain’s car was coming down the street.

“Run, Run, RUN!!,” Joon yelled, dashing through the front door of the building. The others followed, pushing each other out the way.

“Don’t take the elevator!,” Seungho called to Mir and Thunder, who were pushing the call button, “We don’t have time!”

“But we live on the 8th floor, Hyung!,” Mir whined.

“Don’t start, Chulyong-ah! Stairs now!,” Seungho said, grabbing Mir’s arm, “Doongie, come on!”

G.O. and Joon were already on the 4th flight of stairs, making their way to the 5th . 

 

They finally reached the their floor but when they got to the door, Joon said to Seungho,

“Hyung, give me your key, me and Byungie hyung left ours inside the apartment.”

Seungho paled.

Joon looked at him and then made a pained face.

“Please, please, please, Hyung, don’t tell me you left yours too,” Joon groaned.

“I thought you’d bring yours!,” Seungho said.

“I was kind of running after an escaped Maknae, hyung! Grabbing the key was the last thing on my mind!,” Joon said, throwing his hands up in the air, then rubbing his hair furiously.

G.O. leaned against the wall and said, “We are so dead. We were this close but now we’re dead.”

Thunder looked at his hyungs and said, “What would you three do without me?”

They looked at him questioningly and then noticed that Thunder had a key in his hand.

“Oh Doongie!,” Joon said, running over and hugging Thunder, “You’re a life saver!”

Seungho breathed a sigh of relief and said, “You really are, Doongie.”

Joon was still hugging Thunder, jumping up and down in the process.

“Ok, hyung, we kind of don’t have time to do this right now,” Thunder said, trying to pull himself away from Joon.

“Oh, yeah, right,” Joon said, letting go quickly.

Thunder went over and unlocked the door. Just when the lock clicked, they heard the elevator voice say, “8th Floor, going down.”

“In! In! In! In! In! In!,” Seungho said, pushing the other 4 inside the apartment. 

They quickly dashed in and quickly closed the door, careful not to slam it though.

“Mir! Bed! Now!,” Joon said, shoving Mir towards the bedroom.

Mir ran into his room, trying to pull off shoes and his clothes at the same time.

“Lock the door!,” Joon said, “It will slow Hyung down somewhat!”

“Good idea!,” Seungho said, running to the front door.

“Mir are you in the bed yet?,” G.O. called towards Mir and Thunder’s bedroom.

“Yes!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter