o1.

Taking in A Stray Family

The orange glow blared through the small crevices of the blinds signaling that morning was on its way. However, the orange haired man who laid in bed was already wide awake before the first break of sunlight. His almond shaped eyes were heavy with darkness underneath as they stared blankly at the plain ceiling. The wails of a child could be heard in the distance, The cry had been going on non-stop for a few hours, not allowing the small male to fall asleep.  When his digital clock by his bedside read five thirty in the morning in the big blocky red numbers. ‘Why has a chid been crying through the night?’ He questioned himself. His curiosity surely fueled his decision, but it was his sleepless night that actually got him up. He trudged to the coat rack grabbed a large coat and opened the door. Once he stepped out of his apartment the cold winter air nipped at his exposed hands and cheeks, he ignored the chill and continued to follow the cry; pepper-spray in his right hand pocket you know, just incase.

 

The cry lead him to the small patch of woodland behind his home, a creek ran between the trees and cut the land in half, separating the apartment complex from the large houses on the other side. He paused as he reached the dip, his feet wet from the snow that covered the foliage under the white heavy blanket. The cries were loud and close, a chill ran through his spine from the sound, he could already tell that the voice was growing more hoarse with each cry. He took a moment to try to gather his courage, he had to do this a life could be at stake. ‘C’mon you can do this!’ He encouraged himself

 

With a large step, he began to make his way done to the creek. His feet feeling frozen as the water went through his thin canvas shoes, the snow reaching up to his ankles. He pulled out his phone and used the flash as a light to see his way around. As the cry soon turned into what sounded like screaming, he hurried, worried that the child was in pain. He scanned the area, seeing nothing. He then made his way down closer to the water, nothing again. Finally he spotted something. It was a black bundle moving with what he guessed was the thrashing of the infant. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the pepper spray. The figure he saw that the baby was on top of was far too large for the cries he heard, he made out a hand and definitely a shoe the poked out of the freshly fallen snow.

 

With wary steps he approached closer and closer. He realized that a black Jacket laid over the crying figure, one that seems not to preserve much heat. He pulled back the jacket slowly, and gasped when he saw the face of a man, his skin covered in purple and blue from bruises. He pulled the jacket farther, and saw a baby wrapped in the other man’s arms, crying its lungs out. He brought his hand to touch the baby’s cheek only to recoil when he felt the the cold on the infant’s skin. He took off his jacket and covered the two bodies. He tried shaking the man awake, however he got no reaction. He checked his pulse and was relieved to find the constant ‘thump’ of the man’s heart. He tapped his lip in anticipation, he didn’t know what to do.

 

“I’m going to take your baby to my house, I’ll come back to you, I promise,” He said as he unwound the other’s arms from the small body, and wrapped his jacket tightly around the child. He carried the small being into his arms and climbed his way back to his apartment. Puff of smoke came from his mouth as he took deep breaths trying to reach home as soon as possible.

 

He opened his front door with one hand, and held the now silent baby in the other. He constantly bounced his arms up and down trying to calm the child down; who looked up at him with wide, scared eyes. He took off his shoes and walked into the welcoming warmth of his home. He ran to his bedroom and pulled out a blanket. Then took the baby's wet clothes off and diaper, then wrapped the child; whom he found was a boy, and placed him on the floor where he cannot roll off,

.

"Stay here baby, I'll be back with daddy," he said to the infant who looked up to him with large round eyes. He smiled at the baby once before standing up and walking back outside. He ran to the creek as fast he could through the snow, the white flurries were now coming down harder as the morning drew closer, the sky was almost bright spare for the small gradient of pink and purple that gave away that it was early in the day. With his body adjusted the the freezing temperature and a rush of adrenaline, the young man hardly noticed that his entire upper body was exposed.

 

He stared down at the unconscious man, attempting to awaken him, but same as before he got no response.  With a huff, the smaller male picked up the other and fire man carried him up the bank. When close to the top, the two slipped on ice and landed in the snow. The orange haired boy let out a small string of silent curses as he stood up and dusted himself off.

erie

“Sorry Mister,” He apologized picking up the unconscious man, who had fallen headfirst into the snow, “Oh, you got snow in your nose,” He said a sour expression on his face as he scooped out the snow from the other’s nostrils. He then continued to drag the other male the rest of the way to the house after the loss of his adrenaline rush.

 

The trek back to his house was a long one, and he was nearly out of breath before he was able to make it into his apartment. He dropped the senseless man at the doorway after closing the door, and hearing the cries of the baby he ran to the child. Picking the small human into his arms, bouncing and cooing at the infant.


“It’s okay baby, Uncle Minseok is here,” He said softly to the baby in his arms. Once he calmed the child, Minseok went back to the man who laid at his doorway. He crouched down and dragged him the rest of the way into the house, and then sat next to him trying to catch his breath. Getting a chance to look at the clock, it read six forty five-Minseok was already late for work. Throwing his head in his hands he asked himself a question, “What the hell am I doing?”

 

 

 

 

 

---------

YAy chapter one is done!! Actually it was done since january but ehhhh, I re edit some parts just now but there will still probably be some mistakes. I really need a beta reader xd Uhh I hope you enjoyed it feel free to leave comments, or even subscribe and upvote! Thank you all for rading my first chatper expect the next one sometime nest year lol I'm just joking xd