One

Beautiful Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Goddammit!” With heavy footsteps, Siwon barged out of the hallways of the office agitated. He didn’t care where but he just went where his feet took him. He just kept walking, and walking in a restless pace. He didn’t care if some people recognized him for the popular figure he was. Choi Siwon walking down town in a cold autumn night. All that was running inside his head is that he’s mad. He wanted to quit and leave everything right now.

 

***

 

“I’ll be home soon, Taeyeonnie. Please don’t worry. I just need time to think.” She ended the phone call concealing her rather shaky voice. Tiffany never thought that this day would come. When their dubbed ‘perfect pairing’ would hit tipping point and they would split for both of them to focus on their personal lives. She wanted to be angry at him, but she can’t. She loved him so much that she’s willing to set him free, or whatever makes him happy. Tiffany can’t restrain him that, even if it means going on their separate ways after four years of being a couple.

 

***

 

Siwon wanted to stop but his feet were fidgety and kept on pacing forward. He’s cursing under his breath because it was so cold outside and all he ever had was a parka on top of his sweatshirt. He’s moving as fast as the random thoughts that were one by one trailing to wherever he finds his peace. Few steps away from it, he saw himself standing on a city garden hushed as the river across it.

 

The phone vibrated from inside his pocket. Fishing it out, he saw his manager-hyung’s name appearing on the screen. With a deep breath, he picked it up.

 

“Hyung…”

 

His tone of regret is evident that he didn’t say a word after hyung. Siwon listened eagerly to his manager’s fatherly scolding.

 

You should take this professionally. I don’t know what’s wrong with you. Tomorrow you’ll apologize to the management. Clean up your mess.

 

Siwon took a deep breath and nodded, he thought he already had in his mind what to do and started ignoring the man on the other line. A humbled sob started to break into the phone conversation.

 

“Tiffany? W-What are you doing here?”

 

***

 

 

 

Surprised was an understatement, Siwon was downright taken aback by the presence of someone very recognizable. The moment he called out that name, Tiffany looked up to him. Her eyes redden with the stream of tears on her lovely face. The feeling went from odd to something he was very aware of.

 

“He broke up with me.”

 

Those words couldn’t get any simpler but the pain that came with it was too complicated that it left Tiffany no other choice but to breakdown in his arms.

 

Of course those arms felt familiar. He always was. Even though they were long over and both agreed to be just friends, Siwon was always the bigger person to look after Tiffany in any way that he could.

 

Guilt was eating him up. The same thing happened years ago, when he decided to end what was between them because of reasons only him could understand. All the while, it ran inside his feeble mind. Why would someone hurt her like this all over again?

 

***

 

T’was the longest walks home that Tiffany ever had. Not that she was complaining, but it was her talking all the time, which was incredibly new because Siwon would always be the first one to open up.

 

“Hey, you haven’t told me why you were all red and twitchy back there?” Siwon seemed to be startled with the sudden inquiry. Nevertheless he gained back composure by clearing his throat.

 

“Oh me?” He buys time with his short replies.

 

“Yeah. Please don’t tell me you walked all the way from the office building to the park?” Tiffany chuckled, imagining how he would look like if it is really the case.

 

It’s nice to see her small smiles even though her swollen eyes takes away the perfection she is right now.

 

Siwon took off the parka he was wearing and draped it over her small shoulders.

 

He didn’t reply, but he was caught staring straight at her with those deep brown eyes.

 

“No way!” She protested in awe. Siwon is the athletic type but what he did was just so stunning. Tiffany thought she knew him well but this was something new.

 

“Nah, I was just, letting off some steam.” What a lame excuse Choi. He mentally scolded himself. He should come off with better answers, and should be feeling less anxious.

 

“You could use some to boil dumplings?” He chuckled at her joke, even though it was one of the lamest he has heard.

 

“Has it ever crossed your mind to quit?” The question rang a bell inside her head. What is he saying right now? They were close to SMent’s building but this time she wanted to take it slow and do another turn on the next street.

 

***

 

“I’m enlisting this year. Likely November.” His words were like rockets falling from a quiet night sky. Tiffany stopped from walking and tried to digest what she just heard. Everything happens so fast, a few minutes ago she felt secure in a former flame’s embrace and now he’s like conceptually slapping her with the truth that he’s no longer attached to anyone.

 

“What’s up with that? Don’t you all go through that?” I wish I could tell you to wait a little bit longer now.

 

“The problem is. I’m looking forward to do a lot of personal plans this year.” He continued.

 

“Yeah, like what? Get married?” Tiffany teased, it became a running gag in their company since everyone was at marrying age. Oh no, the joke might just turn on you.

 

“Yeah.” Siwon answered. Tiffany had agape at him.

 

“Just kidding!” He chuckled in his deep voice.

 

“How would you know? That girl won’t show up just like a genie in a lamp right?” She cried in defense. Nobody wants to be too obvious right?

 

“Well it just did.” The answer came out effortlessly.

 

“What?” Is he pursuing someone right now that I don’t know? She’s panicking deep inside but Siwon continued to walk like he’s so sure.

 

“I mean, maybe that one girl, I could’ve met her somewhere but I just missed my chance.” He’s being really shady right now, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter