Chapter 3

Blind Alley
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3:

Please forgive my errors.

Have fun reading!

 

 

 

Dara grabbed her keys and checked her wallet before deeming herself ready to go out and buy food. Closing the door and turning the knob to make sure that its locked, Dara heard the elevator ding open.

 

She cursed upon seeing the plumber she hated the most and immediately turned her body away from the elevator and raising the pouch she brought to hide her face before walking discreetly in the opposite direction.

 

Turning into a corner, Dara sprinted to the fire exit and decided there and then to simply use the elevator in another floor to not have any encounter with that erted plumber.

 

From the seventh floor, Dara ran down the stairs to the sixth floor and managed to catch an empty elevator. She sighed in relief upon realising that she successfully escaped him and proceeded to hum a jolly tune all throughout to the point that some people are looking at her strangely while others simply smiled endearingly.

 

Entering the supermarket, Dara grabbed a trolley and first went to the meat section. She’s not that great of a cook, okay, she’s simply horrible but this is the start of a new life and she has a cook book.

 

‘How hard can it be?’ she thought already forgetting the fact that she almost burned down her kitchen a few weeks ago thus the lack of any cooking utensils in her apartment except for the surviving microwave.

 

She smiled then went to the milk section. She was contemplating between getting the gallon or the milk carton looking at the prices of the two and adding them in her head along with the prices of the other items she bought. She sighed that a carton is better right now and reached for the sec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter