Chapter 2

The Requiem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  His eyes wouldn't open. 

  Henry tried to force his eyelids open but they were gummed shut in his swollen face. He was vaguely surprised to realize that he wasn't dead, but he knew it was only a matter of time. Maybe, he thought, he was dead. If so, this certainly did not feel like any idea of heaven he'd even been told about and the alternative wasn't pleasant to contemplate. 

  He didn't want to wake up, didn't want to open his eyes. The effort would be too great. It would be easier to just lie here sleeping and fade away from it all.

  Live. There was a nagging voice by his ear. Are you going to leave... just like that? Henry hesistated, feeling weary all of the sudden.

  He had the strangest sensation that he was standing to one side, watching himself lying on the hospital bed. He as watched the members came forward one by one, with tears stained on their faces.

   It was a fact that he was tired... and that he wanted to drift off soon... But, he knew that he had unfinished bussiness to attend to. Saying goodbye to his family, saying goodbye to s, saying goodbye to his fans before bidding the world farewell. 

  The thing about life is- it pushes you until you break just to see if you can put yourself back together. I won't break. Not yet. Henry promised himself.

  With that, he reached forward and held onto dear life.

...

  Henry's eyelids fluttered open. In an instant, the bright lights flooded into his vision- blinding him. The morphine seemed to have worn off; and Henry tried to focus on one spot that wasn't hurting- failing miserably. He gripped the white sheets so tightly that his knuckles turned white as another wave of pain washed over him. 

  Pain radiated down his spine and he had to bite his cheek hard to stifle a scream. But he couldn't stop the whimper that escaped between his teeth.

  Henry blinked away the tears that formed as the pain only intensified. A clammy moisture broke out across his forehead as his tried to hold on to his consciousness. All rational thought dissolved into panic as he tried to breathe but couldn't seem to inhale.

Suddenly there was a flurry of actions happening at once. People were shouting above him. Henry closed his eyes, trying to hear through the ringing in his ears. 

  "He's awake!" Someone was shouting. "Quick, get him a dose of morphine!"

  Henry's energy had drained out of him, leaving him weak and feverish,  like his insides were eroding. When the drug was administered, he welcomed the soothing envelope of darkness.

...

  "Teukie-Hyung! It's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter