Chapter 1

The Requiem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One 

 "H-hyung,"

  Leeteuk was vaguely aware of someone by his bedside, shaking him awake. His mind was still clouded with sleep, and the sound barely arose him.

  "H-hyung, please wake up," The voice cracked into a high register.

  Leeteuk forced his eyes to open, sensing that something was wrong. It was close to 4am in the morning, and there was barely enough light for Leeteuk to make out the intruder.

  "What's wrong?" He asked immediately when he recognized the young man.

  Tears adorned Ryeowook's face as he faced Leeteuk. Small sobs racked his body as he tried to convey the news.

  "H-henry," Ryeowook cried urgently, his voice cracking again. "Hospital,"

  Judging from Ryeowook's expression, Leeteuk's eyes closed briefly, feeling a lance of pain in his heart. There were a million wild thoughts running through his mind and Leeteuk didn't know what to think.

  "Wake the others," he said, jumping out of bed.

  Leeteuk did not want to admit it but  he could feel a cold hand of premonition clutch his heart as they were on the way to the hospital. What if... Leeteuk hesistated.

  "Will Henry be okay?" Eunhyuk asked Leeteuk softly in the van. "What if-"

  Two words. Two words that silenced them instantly.

  "He will." Leeteuk managed to say. But as he said the words, Leeteuk wished he could believe them himself. 

--------------------

  Leeteuk felt sick at the sight of his youngest member in the ICU. Henry had several tubes attached to his body and a ventilator in his throat. His skin was deathly pale and ragged with cuts and patches of colored bruises. 

  Leeteuk watched as Henry's heart thumped in accordance with slow, shallow breaths. Serenity was plastered across his face as he slept. At peace, his consciousness swirled in the land of dreams, oblivious to the physical world. 

  "How's-" Leeteuk barely managed a whisper as the doctor came out.

  The doctor beckoned the leader to a side. "We don't know if he'd make it through today," he shook his head. Leeteuk was not sure where this conversation was leading to. "We'll continue keep him under close supervision."

  Leeteuk's throat was thick and constricted and it was difficult to form words. "Could we-" Leeteuk's voice was little more than a croak, forcing itself out through his dry throat and mouth.

  The doctor hesistated. "One at a time, please."

  "Kyuhyun, you go in first," Leeteuk muttered, struggling to compose his face. No matter what happened, he must keep any sense of weakness or pain out of his voice. As the leader, he must be strong for s. He felt Sungmin's arms go around him, and felt himself drawn into the younger man's embrace. But there was no sense of comfort to Leeteuk. There was no way anyone could lessen the pain he felt.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter