Loitering

The Expedition For The Cosmos And Gold

The only way to prove that time is moving, in which Sehun is aware of, is that of the ticking clock. He doesn't know what time it is nor the setting of the sun, but he does know that his parents are not home and that there are several large brown stain on his ceiling that he suspects is caused by the toxic smoke of his menthol cigarettes. He continues to watch his ceiling, waiting for himself to find a shape within the cracks of it. 

He slowly uprights himself into sitting, lazily grabbing the bottle of Scotch from the ground. Littering on the floor are possibly hundreds of empty alcoholic bottles and cans, cigarette butts, and dirty clothes he hasn't washed in months. He takes a deep breath, wondering if he had ever changed. From one beer to another perhaps he had changed with them.  But is there anything to change to? He doesn't know what the change that's he is waiting for. Maybe he hasn't changed at all. 

He takes a swig of Scotch and savors the burn of it going down. The taste rarely bothers him. 

Laying back down, he spreads his arms over the bed. He wonders if there is more than this. More than sitting in bed. More than him. More than this pathetic life. 

The annoying ring tone of his phone inturrupts his thoughts- if those count as thoughts- and he doesn't want to bring himself to talk to others. Unfortunately,  the phone kept ringing, so there really is no option. He reaches for it on his night stand and saw that Jongin is calling. Ugh. He's probably got something geeky to say. He swipes the phone and brings it to his ear, "Jongin,  if this is about the live action movie of Digimon, I'm hanging up."

"Hmnn... but that was part of the reason I called. But I got other news. "

Sehun sighs, "What others news can you possibly have, you nerd?"

Jongin clicks his tongue in an annoyed way, "We should break up. Hmph. "

Loud giggles explode from Sehun's mouth,  "I wasn't aware we were in a relationship. "

"Whatever. Anyway,  Professor Luhan and Professor Yifan are recruiting students to join them to see if the could find El Dorado!"

 "Wow, I am so impressed."

"Dude! This is big! I wanna go!"

Sehun spaces out as Jongin goes over his lecture about El Dorado, but Sehun already knows this story, after all he does have mythology as his minor with Jongin. The two professors are pretty odd. Professor Luhan is a history teacher and Professor Yifan is his mythology teacher. Those two always go on and on about the mysteries of the universe and how El Dorado might be a key to understand the greatness of the universe. They are always going on about aliens and alternate universes. In Sehun's opinion, it's a waste of time. We're never going to find out what anything of whatever this is. Meaning the universe. 

Jongin still rambles on about illuminati and aliens.

Sehun wants to just say none of this matters and he doesn't care, but last time he did Jongin didn't speak to him for nearly two weeks. And he needs his best friend. 

"Well, we should sign up. To see if we can go."

Without thinking, Sehun mumbled a yes and he can't find it within him to correct his answer. It seems like talking is getting harder to do, lately.

"Really? You're alright with this? I'll sign you up for it, you'll probably change your mind once you get to the sign up sheet. And remember, Sehun, don't get your hopes up. They might not even pick us."

"Yeah, okay."

That's what he's hoping. 

Jongin resumes his rapid, fiery and passionate speech about the lost city of gold as Sehun just takes longer drinks of his bottle. He looks down at the barely visible floor and thinks that he's got to get some orange juice for his vodka and a pack of cigarettes.

 

 

 

 

 a/n: hey guys, i got a new update for yall