Cop meets the rob [Final]

Rob And Cop

 

 

Cop Meets The Rob

 

 

 

 

He is happy.

 

Or at least he should be.

 

He is a successful and respected policeman, has a loving wife, two adorable daughters and a good relationship with his family.

 

He has everything he ever wished for.

 

Lies.

 

People envied him, were jealous, but they were blinded by the cover and couldn't see how dismal he truly was.

 

There was something, or rather someone, missing from his life.

 

 

 

 

 

*  *  *

 

 

 

 

 

"Good morning!" he chirped as he skipped into his office. People turned around to greet him with cheerful smiles.

 

He flung his jacket on his chair and sat down glancing around him.

 

 

 

 

"Good morning, Jimin!" he turned his head as he recognized his co-worker's voice.

 

 

 

 

"Hey!" he smiled.

 

 

 

 

"You seem happy today." his friend chuckled and handed him a cup of coffee.

 

 

 

 

"I'm always happy, Jin!" Jimin grinned.

 

 

 

 

'Lies' he thought as he took a sip from his coffee. Jin smiled and took a pile of paper from his folder.

 

 

 

 

"We have a suspect for Ms. Lee's murder." Jin said with a serious voice.

 

 

 

 

Jimin had always admired how his friend co-worker could go from a carefree person to a solemn one. He stared at him and nodded for him to continue.

 

 

 

 

"His name is Min Suga. He has a criminal record; some drug dealing and stealing. Also, he had a relationship with Ms. Lee, but of course it didn't end up well." Jin explained, eying his papers carefully.

 

 

 

 

"Do you have his address?" Jimin asked. Jin nodded, grinning as he searched something in his pocket. When he found what he was searching for he handed it to him. Jimin took it and grinned. The piece of paper with the address. Perfect.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*  *  *

 

 

 

He stopped his car in front of an old concrete building. He examined his surroundings before getting out of the car with Jin.

 

Jin led the way inside and up the stairs. When they found the door they were searching for, Jin reached out for his gun and looked at Jimin. He rang the doorbell and they waited.

 

A thud. A groan. Another thud. Jin blinked, looked at Jimin then to the door leading to the stairs and back to Jimin. Jimin nodded, understanding what he had to do.

 

He tip toed to the door and hid behind it. He put his hand on his gun, prepared to take it in case something happened.

 

 

A few minutes passed before heard someone running, the steps resonating in the corridor. He gulped. He brought his hand to his gun. He waited.

 

 

 

 

"Jimin! He's armed!" he heard Jin shout.

 

 

 

 

 

He turned his head around as he heard the door open. But it was too late. Before he knew, he had a gun pointed at him. Behind the gun, stood a short guy with crimson hair. His eyes widened. He felt butterflies in his tummy as he saw the man's round face. Dark brown eyes, red cheeks and thin pinkish lips.

 

 

He knew that person.

 

His hands were sweaty. He gulped.

 

He grabbed his gun, but froze when he saw the man edging closer. He saw the man's frown turn into a smirk as he recognized Jimin.

 

 

 

 

"I didn't think I would meet you in this kind of situation. Embarassing, right?" he chuckled.

 

 

 

 

"Yoongi..." Jimin whispered, looking down with his mouth open. Why did he have to see him now?

 

 

 

 

"It's Suga now." Yoongi murmured.

 

 

 

 

Feeling nostalgic, Jimin looked up to stare at Yoongi. He studied him from head to toe, starting from his auburn hair, down to his pale face, skipping to his thin frame and his beautiful petite hands. Hands that were wrapped around a gun that was pointed towards him. He nibbled on his lower lip and shook his head.

 

He had to do his work. He took two steps backwards and quickly grabbed his gun and pointed it towards Yoongi. He saw a surprised look on his face.

 

 

 

 

"I-it's been what, 5 years?" Yoongi stuttered. Jimin nodded.

 

 

 

 

"I see that you've fulfilled your dream." he laughed nervously. Jimin nodded again.

 

 

 

 

"Do you still remember when we used to play at cops and robbers?" Yoongi asked him.

 

 

 

 

He did remember. He used to spend a lot of time with the older boy. They went tot he kindergarten and college togehter.

They were best friends. But how did they end up playing that childish game for real?

 

 

 

 

"Fantastic Jimin! You got him!" they both turned around to see Jin trot to them. Jimin saw Jin didn't have his gun anymore.

 

 

 

 

He turned his gaze to Yoongi and was surprised to see him examining him. He felt uneasy under Yoongi's gaze and exhaled.

 

Jin was now beside him. They were cops and Yoongi a criminal. He had to do it. Past is past.

 

He had to think about his future. If he didn't shoot now he wouldn't have one. He will lose his job, his wife would stop admiring him and he would be a disgrace to his family. This life was everything he had ever dreamed of. If he shot Yoongi now he would still be happy, right?

 

He stared at Yoongi.

 

There had always been something missing... He shuddered. Past is past!

 

 

 

"Are you seriously going to shoot me, Jimin?" Yoongi asked calmly. He could feel Jin staring. He looked down. Only one single shot.

 

 

 

 

"Have you already forgotten everything? Jimin! All the games we played and and... all the fun times we're shared? Our first kiss?" he could hear sorrow in his voice as he stuttered the last words.

 

 

 

 

"Jimin! Shoot!" Jin yelled.

 

 

 

 

"Don't tell me you forgot about that!" he looked up to see a tear roll down Yoongi's cheek.

 

 

 

 

"Jimin... Please. Answer me." Yoongi cried out.

 

 

 

 

"I haven't." Jimin whispered. He could see Yoongi grin. He could only stare as the older stepped back and turned around to run away.

 

 

 

 

Jimin sighed. He dropped his gun.

 

 

 

 

"Jimin!" Jin shouted as he saw his coworker drop on his knees.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*  *  *

 

 

 

 

 

"You know you'll get sanctioned. Right?" Jin asked coldly. He had lost all his respect towards Jimin after what had happened.

 

 

 

 

"I know." Jimin smirked.

 

 

 

 

"Why didn't you shoot?" Jin turned around to see Jimin grin.

 

 

 

 

"Because I still love him."

 

 

 

 

He had realized that the only thing he needed in order to be happy wasn't a family and a job, but the person he used to play rob and cop with when he was a toddler.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Author's Note:

 

Thank you for reading this.