Ch. 18

The Promises of Nocturne
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Darkness loomed in the night sky, harsh clouds that threatened a snow storm hid the moon and took away the stars. Wind hit the house, causing the trees to shake and scratch eerily. Despite the ominous darkness surrounding the home, there was but a single lamp in the house, casting long shadows as the family sat together in the living room in complete silence as they shared feelings of grievance and sorrow.

Curled up in Heechul’s recliner was Mir, whose eyes were swollen and red from crying. It had taken so long to calm him down; the others were sure that he’d gone into shock. It wasn’t until Eunhyuk and Henry had suddenly arrived at the house nearly six hours ago that he finally started to calm. Now he was curled up in his older brother’s embrace, while Henry soothingly his hair.

Key sat alone on one of the couch, staring unblinking into the shadows of the house. He felt so numb with shock that he would forget to breath, startling himself with a gasp every now and then. He felt completely empty on the inside; there wasn’t a single thought in his head. But even so, he would look around at the others to make sure they were still there.

At the opposite end was Donghae, facing away from everybody. He had his arms wrapped around his body and had yet to stop trembling. Sitting next to him was Eunhyuk, rubbing circles on his back gently, but Donghae had not spoken to anybody all day, not even when Leeteuk had dropped off Eunhyuk and Henry before speeding off to the hospital.

That’s where all the adults were; no one had even stopped in to check on the kids once the entire day. It only made them feel more scared and worried. They were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter