Ch. 15

The Promises of Nocturne
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Well honey, you’re just going to have to learn to deal with it.”

He had tried explaining to Heechul that Taemin’s recent presence in the house was bothering him quite a bit and this was the lovely piece of advice Heechul had for him. Deal with it, because Mir had a friend and that trumped everything and anybody else.

Key sighed as he sat at his desk, hands in his lap and head bowed sullenly. These past few weeks he’d been feeling so down in the dumps. First and foremost, he wasn’t happy about Mir’s friendship with that complete brat Taemin. Nobody else saw it, but when their backs were turned Taemin would give him cruel looks and taunt him mercilessly when no one was around. It was an exact copy of the way he’d treated Kibum over the summer and he knew that Taemin was only acting like this way because he’d taught him to. Mir may be easily influenced but Taemin picked on bad habits even more. Even if he hadn’t been acting like a two year old, Key still wouldn’t have been happy with him coming over. He still hadn’t forgiven his ex-friend for what happened months ago.

He’d even explained that situation to Heechul in a vague attempt to bring him on his side and make Mir stop bringing his friend home. It had been a teary explanation about how he’d gotten into a huge fight with his parents and had been pushed into a window, shattering the glass and slicing open his wrists when he’d tried to stop the fall. All his emotions had spilled out when he told Heechul how he’d desperately tried to contact his friends for help when the bleeding wouldn’t stop and how he’d been ignored and turned away before finally deciding to seek out Heechul in the end. Heechul had sympathized with him, but still refused to ban Taemin from coming over.

“…you’re just going to have to deal with it.”

He didn’t understand why it he was the one that had to compromise on everything in life; it just wasn’t fair at all and he was growing weary of it. Just once he wanted his life to be normal and to have one thing go his way without any drama. But it was just like Kibum had said, the past would always catch up and life would never be perfect the way he wanted it to be.

He sighed softly and blinked, scratching his side unconsciously. He knew that he was just going to have to deal with it just as Heechul had advised, because in the end, despite his unhappiness about Taemin, he still had a wonderful home and a family that loved and appreciated him. Besides, he knew that it was unfair to deny Mir a friend and even though Taemin had betrayed him, he would be a great friend to Mir.

There was a noise outside of his room and Key looked over curiously as something was jammed under his closed door. He frowned and stood up to walk over, bending down to pick up what seemed to be a composition notebook. Going back to his desk, he sat down and opened the front over and his eyes widened when he saw what was tucked in between the cover and first page along with a sloppily scribbled message.

When you finally decide you need to escape; here are a few options. –K

“Oh hell no,” Key whispered astounded as he star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter