First Day

Welcome to Heaven School
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a night filled with work like cleaning dishes, vacuuming the floor and wiping the windows you were exhausted and by the time you went to bed it was already midnight.

The next morning as sunlight filled in the attic, your eyes fluttered open at the sunshine and groggily got up. You yawned and stretched your arms, glancing around your surroundings.

*It was a long night. Gosh, what times is it now?* You took your phone and the screen brightened up.

It was only 7am. A smile crept up your lips as your heart leaped for joy.

*Today's the day. L.A Arts of Soul. A new student is coming your way.* You got up from bed and immediately started your day by preparing yoruself. You started by washing up and tying your hair into a high ponytail. You got your usual clothes out and ready, you wore your favorite pair of jeans and black and white plaid T-shirt. 

Clasping on your watch, you slung your bagpack on and went down the attic with the documents in your arms.

The moment you came down, you had pushed the stairs back up into the attic and it closed with a thump.

The door next to you swung open and a tired Byomi came out, she yawned out loud and you spun around. 

"Morning." You said and walked pass her, Byomi blinked at you in shock as she watched you happily skip down the stairs. When you were about to leave Byomi suddenly yelled.

"Hey! Did you prepare breakfast?!" 

You stopped on your tracks and spun around, facing her. "No. Why should I?" You asked.

Byomi scoffed as a smirk crept up her lips, she had her arms crossed at you as she spoke in an annoying tone. "Did you forget that maids do all of the house chores in the house? Like cooking, cleaning and laundry?" She listed the things out which made your jaw dropped.

You sighed and blinked at the clock, it's 7:30am now. School starts in 8 and you wanted to be there early. 

"Can I just skip cooking breakfast today?" You asked, hoping she would let this go for once.

"Sure you can. If you want to sleep outside tonight." She said while examining her fingernails. You sighed out loud. *Gosh, this brat.* You nodded and made your way to the kitchen.

Byomi smirked in delight as she went into the restroom, slamming the door. You flinched at the sound of it and shook your head, you took out the pans and turn on the stove.

You opened the refriegerator and bent down, examining the items in it. Inside was pretty much junk foods and take outs that weren't finished. *Oh gosh. For a lady that owns a cafeteria you expected her to at least have a neat refriegerator.* You closed your eyes at the mess and sighed. You spotted four eggs on the side and butter with a plate of half eaten loaf next to it.

*Eggs and toast it is.* You took the ingredients out and started to prepare their breakfast in under 15 minutes.

When you were done, you plated the food and washed the pan, hanging it up. You wiped your hands with the towel clothe and was about to leave the kitchen but a figure stepped in.

It was Aunt Kim with her morning bed hair. "Oh, good. You made breakfast." She nodded her in approval and went to the table side. You just warily glanced at her and nodded. "Yeah. I'm heading off to school now." You said and walked off to the door.

"Okay." She spoke as she sat down, "Yona." She called and you stopped. "It's Jona, aunt Kim." You corrected and she nodded.

"Whatever. Next time can you please trim the crusts off? I don't like crusts." She said with a displeased look at the breakfast.

*Seriously? What do they take me for? Oh right, their maid.* You inwardly groaned and nodded. "Sorry. I'll be sure to cut it off next time." You turn to the door and immediately opened it, exiting the house.

Once you closed the door behind you, you let out a sigh of relief. *I can finally breathe now.* You thought and breathed in the fresh air.

*Ah my only freedom now.* You smiled and started to walked your way to school.

Since your aunt works at the cafeteria in L.A Arts of Soul, her house wasn't far away and was only a block away. It took you a good 10 minutes to reach there by foot.
Your footsteps halt as you stood in front of your dream school.

The big school gates stood before you and you gaped at it with a smile, the big gold letters plastered on the tall gates shined before you. So tall that you nearly topple over while reading it.

L.A Arts of Soul.

*Finally, I'm here.* You smiled widely and walked to the side of the school where there was a doorbell. 

Yes, a doorbell. L.A. Arts of Soul was no ordinary school, it isn't the type of school with normal lockers in the hallways, small front gate and garden. 

This school is a prestigious high school, it was created by a kind lady who adore arts. It was told that this school was popular and prestigious for a reason. And that it can make any person understand and see art on another level. And it's been globally accepted as the best high school.

You lifted your finger and pushed the doorbell, it rang softly, that doorbell was probably the most melodic and peaceful doorbell you had ever heard in your entire life.

"Hello?" The person from the other side spoke and you awkwardly spoke back.

"Hello." You said. "Name?" He asked.

"Jona. Jona Kim. I'm a new transfer student." You explained and there were sounds of papers, you assume he was flipping through documents. 

"Ah yes, the scholarship girl. Congratulations!" He said and you smiled. "Thank you!" 

"Well, welcome to L.A Arts of Soul, once you have your school ID card you can go in through the secret student passage." He explained and you gaped at him. "There is a student passage?" 

"Yeah. But only for students who have their ID cards. You'll see." The guard spoke back and you nodded, still in awe. *Wow.* 

"Let the gates be open! And don't get lost, Jona!" He said and you giggled. "Okay!"

And the speaker went off, the gates started to move as they creaked open. 

"Oh my god.."

 You gasped at the view in front of you, L.A Arts of Soul was indeed a presitgious high school. The exterior looked like a castle with the school's name plastered on bi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter