Chapter 25 : You, Me and Him

Devil Fallen From Heaven

Hana's P.O.V.

There was no one else but silence.

This is getting awkward.

"Thanks, I guess? " he said.

Geez. I pretended not to hear him and continued eating.

Do I sound like a scavenger when I tell you that I have been eating non-stop for two hours or so?

Sigh.

I want to go home actually. After I eat that chocolate cake I have been eyeing for quite some time now.

But it's not like everyday that I get to eat these foods, you know. And besides, mom knows I am safe.  And Yoseob here won't hurt me . 

"Hey, can I ask you something?" I said after a while.

"You are already asking me 'something'." he said pointedly. 

I rolled my eyes secretly and munched in another bite of that muffin. "Why don't you get along with your dad?"

"I just don't."

"Yah, answer me properly."

"It's just . . well, he doesn't understand me." he said, his eyes on the floor.

"He tries to understand you, Yoseob. It's you who pulls away."

"No, it's more complicated than that." he said and managed a sigh.

I looked at him curiously.

"What do you mean?" 

"He's getting married again." he said angrily. "With someone I don't even know."

I stopped eating and looked at him.

We are in the same situation again. The fates are playing around too much lately, eh?

"He can't do that. He rarely shows up in this house and doesn't even act like a father. Then the next day, he'll show up and tells me that I will have to accept my new mother? Ha, no thank you." He muttered to himself and scoffed. 

I know exactly how he feels. Any child would feel bad. But it's been years since I've seen my mom this happy. I can't possibly be the reason why she'll stay in the darkness of the past even though she can see the light in the future, right?

And there goes Kim Hana, being poetic. Thank You.

"I can relate." I told him sincerely.

"No you can't. I mean, your mom won't get married so suddenly by someone she just met in a restaurant, right?" he said sarcastically.

I froze.

"Your dad met the girl in a restaurant?" I asked hesistantly.

"Yeah." he said simply. "She works there." 

I could've cursed out loud when he said that. 

This can't be happening.

It can't possibly be his father . . 

My mom . . 

"Master, your friend came by to see you." a maid said . "Let him in," he replied calmly.

I didn't mind anyone. 

I was still in shock. 

This is much of a coincidence already. I don't like this. I don't like how everything turns out.

"Yoseob-ah?" someone called.

I felt the hairs on my neck stand up. This voice sounds a lot like . . 

"G-Gikwang?" Yoseob stammered beside me. He looks surprised.

I turned around.

And Yoseob wasn't playing aroound when he called his name. 

"Hana. . " he mumbled as he stared at me in shock.

"What are you and Yoseob . . " his eyes moved to Yoseob and he immediately dropped his gaze.

"I see." he said to himself.

"Gikwangie, it's not like that." Yoseob started to explain. I remained silent, still looking at him. Things are happening too fast for my brain to decipher.

"You don't have to explain. I understand." he said reassuringly . "It doesn't matter, anyways."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"We broke up, remember?"